Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #43
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I think what another person alluded to is the absolute truth. His car was never actually ordered. This happened to me. My dealership didn't know in late may that in mid-late april they cut off 2016 ordering went ahead and ordered my car and I sat around with excuses for a month. Anyone can say wait and be patient but go look in a mirror and tell yourself would you? no really honestly unless your loaded go do this scenario and say to yourself be patient with a straight face. The OP has been screwed with no doubt and needs to go find out when his car was ordered and when the 2017 cut off was this will solve a ton of issues for him.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #44
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
GM has a customer service that can help track down the issue. I bet my bottom dollar that they never ordered it or sold it to someone else for more money.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #45
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
If the car has not left QC, it was not damaged in transit.....
I was under the impression that the OP was talking about import QC at the Canadian border. If he meant QC at the plant, than those who are saying it was never ordered are spot on. Especially if it was a Buick dealer "placing" the order.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #46
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I was under the impression that the OP was talking about import QC at the Canadian border. If he meant QC at the plant, than those who are saying it was never ordered are spot on. Especially if it was a Buick dealer "placing" the order.
Far as I know, the car never left the factory. It could have been significantly damaged in an accident at the plant. Not unheard of. But if that were the case, why would that cancel the order? Surely they'd just build a new car to replace it.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #47
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Seems easy enough to ask for ( then demand) a copy of the actual order to follow up with GM. If they have a problem with that, explain your next coarse of action: Yelp and other sites as you believe it was never ordered and have been constantly lied to.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #48
steel

Drives: 2017 ss camaro 6.2L
no sweat. It will probably be a 2018 and you will have to pay the increase. Either way call your salesman today and have him write on the receiving paper work at the dealership that you do not want it prepped. No wash, leave the plastic on the seats and hood. Prep it yourself when you get home. New cars and used cars are washed by the same hurried people-they may be even use an automatic car wash or pressure washer. Prepping yourself will eliminate potential damage and joy riding "at the car wash". You will probably still have to pay for the prep but it will be worth it. Inspect car thoroughly at the dealership. Your mileage will be 5 mile when you leave the lot.
steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #49
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Maybe I missed it, but did you ever get your order number? If you didn't, or they can't give it to you then they never ordered that car. If you do have it, Chevrolet customer service can find your car.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #50
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Cars dont always clear inspection, there has been numerous times cars are held up for safety reasons and are crushed. But on the other hand if you think they never ordered it, did you get your workbench order form that actually shows your order #. You can actually track it on Chevy.com through their chat.
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 AM   #51
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
Cars dont always clear inspection, there has been numerous times cars are held up for safety reasons and are crushed. But on the other hand if you think they never ordered it, did you get your workbench order form that actually shows your order #. You can actually track it on Chevy.com through their chat.
I was not given an order number, and nor did I ask for it. Canadians can't track their orders, so I didn't think the number would be of much use to me. AFAIK, only dealers have access to the system here.

Nigel
Old 06-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #52
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you better be careful you might get arrested for hate speech
???

Did you post this in the wrong thread?
Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 AM   #53
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
no canadia made it against the law to possess anything they deem as hate speech. They arrested a guy from the US that was invited to a anti islam rally for having what they deem as hate speech on his computer. Basicly you have no right to have your own opinion unless the gov has the same view.
Please take your politics to another forum. They have nothing to do with the subject being discussed here.

Thank you.

Nigel
Old 06-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #54
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Nigel,

People will guess here all day as to what happen on your order... The only thing I can tell you would be to ask you salesman (VP) to provide the order information (Order Number) You can ask Becky here on the forum to check it and she will provide you with some detailed info.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #55
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Nigel,

People will guess here all day as to what happen on your order... The only thing I can tell you would be to ask you salesman (VP) to provide the order information (Order Number) You can ask Becky here on the forum to check it and she will provide you with some detailed info.
Agreed. I've escalated the issue and am waiting for a response, which won't be until Monday at the earliest.

Nigrl
Old 06-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #56
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Nigel,

Becky can't track Canadian orders. The dealer didn't order the car if he can't supply the order number.