Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Had anyone done “Stage X” additional porting with KONG?

Or is that brand new? I wonder what all the Stage X entails and what supporting mods are required.
From Kong website:

NEW "Stage X" Port Upgrade

Our new "Stage X" LT4 Port Upgrade is available now! This is an add on to our already outstanding CNC Supercharger porting service for the LT4. The "Stage X" is designed for those who are looking to get as much power as they can from the factory supercharger. In addition tp our normal CNC porting, the "Stage X" includes additional CNC machining that has been flow simulated, chassis dyno tested, and track proven. On capable engines with supporting mods and fuel, the Kong "Stage X" LT4 can make upwards of 1000rwhp. The days of needing to jump straight to a bigger supercharger on this platform are a thing of the past. The "Stage X" turns the stock 1.7L LT4 into a BEAST!
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #2
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Must be new. To be honest I think Jokerz does the best port work but many companies refuse to work with them. Jokerz customer service is not the best, I think Kong is more reliable for companies that work with them.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:52 AM   #3
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Yes it's new. It's on this episode of RPM:
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #4
Sickspeedkuwait

Drives: '17 ZL1 M6
Kong port to me was already on the edge! How the hell did they manage to squeeze more CNC work & power!

900whp on a 1.7 blower is absolutely amazing
Old 06-14-2021, 06:15 AM   #5
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
and $500 worth!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:42 AM   #6
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickspeedkuwait View Post
Kong port to me was already on the edge! How the hell did they manage to squeeze more CNC work & power!

900whp on a 1.7 blower is absolutely amazing
Agreed!!!!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:45 AM   #7
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
The video shows a 18% lower and 2.3 upper some have ran 2.1 uppers

18% is 9.45 diameter blower ring (stock is 7.8 I believe) it took meth and 93 to reach what a larger blower cold on just 93 with closer to stock pulleys hence turn the blower a lot slower and not building up so much heat. They spent a ton on cooling mods going with corde's products spinning it that hard.

NO doubt a bad ass port job but still I think its cheaper or dead even to go with a bigger blower when you factor the sale of your blower and a lot cooling mods and a Meth kit it would take to get there. Of course all blowers pushed will need cooling mods but at the level a ported oem blower takes you a larger 2650 will do on 93 and no cooling.

To put in reference with my 2650 stock it was 850 something on 93 with a 9.17 and 3.0 upper no cooling mods then I added some E it made 897 well that's all the LPE fueling could do.

Kong approached me I didn't approach him.. Offered me a deal on poerting since it was one of the 1st eforce's for a LT engine he was all ready seeing 100hp plus on the eforce porting for the Mustangs.

currently 8.3 lower and 3 upper making 1004 on one dyno and 1044 on another dyno with his porting on full E. Not only did the porting make more power but so did full E but I was also able to drop pulley sizes. Matt wanted me to put the 9.17 back on see what it would do since I have the fuel but the stock block is all ready living on borrowed time. I didn't want to chance it plus I was tired of the Shizzy, toohighpsi, and laynlo BS telling me that maggi is better. Now remember these are the same Yahoos that say you don't need port injection but yet they came up with spacers to have port, also the same guys that say there's fits under the hood but with the spacers there been some rubbing issues. lol its all good it all works out in the end.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If this were available before my 2650 I would've considered it. But there's the cooling aspect, too, to consider, and for what I have to deal with, it can be very tricky.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:59 AM   #9
CW3SF

This topic inevitably turns to a replacement blower and that isn’t what the topic is about. Many of us have our own reasons and preferences in porting our stock blowers and we want to discuss options.

For example, I’m maxing out bolt ons while still running stock pulleys and not increasing heat or blower rpms. That combined with ethanol and cooling mods will leave my little oem blower running cooler than it was when it left the factory.

Thanks for the input.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50

Last edited by CW3SF; 06-14-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #10
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
This topic inevitably turns to a replacement blower and that isn’t what the topic is about. Many of us have our own reasons and preferences in porting our stock blowers and we want to discuss options.

For example, I’m maxing out bolt ons while still running stock pulleys and not increasing heat or blower rpms. That combined with ethanol and cooling mods will leave my little oem blower running cooler than it was when it left the factory.

Thanks for the input.
This mod really only makes sense if the power gained is through efficiency and you're not running a really aggressive pulley setup. Otherwise, this mod doesn't make much sense to me unless you're running methanol with an aggressive pulley setup trying to save cost from buying a larger aftermarket blower with better cooling capacity.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:35 AM   #11
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
By the time your done playing around with the stock blower, porting, adding meth, heat exchangers, inerchiller, trunk tanks your pretty much spending the same amount of money as you would on a better more efficient blower right from the get go. I mean if you just want to port the blower for some extra power and not spend on anything else I understand. But porting the blower and adding meth and everything else seems really stupid to me.

It almost seems like its just about bragging rights at that point.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #12
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
By the time your done playing around with the stock blower, porting, adding meth, heat exchangers, inerchiller, trunk tanks your pretty much spending the same amount of money as you would on a better more efficient blower right from the get go. I mean if you just want to port the blower for some extra power and not spend on anything else I understand. But porting the blower and adding meth and everything else seems really stupid to me.

Agreed, basically what I was stating in my previous post. Unless you're just trying to set a record with a stock size blower, in the end, you'll have to upgrade to an aftermarket blower anyway. The only real perk I see from this is if you can get a decent amount of power while retaining a less aggressive pulley setup.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #13
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post

I never said anything about methanol or an “inner chiller”. Read my mod list again and tell me where I said that. I said ethanol as in E85. And no I won’t spend anywhere near as much as a blower. If I buy the bigger blower I’d still need or want all of my other mods including the upgraded exchanger. My goals are 700whp on the stock blower, stock pulleys and running cooler. I don’t need a 2650 to achieve my goals. Period.

The only stupid here is someone else trying to tell me how I want to mod or spend my money.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post

Thanks for the input.
Maybe more clarification on the front-end would help with weeding-out what parts of this topic you aren't interested in.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote