Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
Motor Fast

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Forward Collision Alert

It looks like on the ZL1 1LE's FCA is standard and they can't be ordered without this feature, unless you go with the PDR. Is this true? From what I can see in videos there's no way to disable it like can be done on the SS's, if the SS has the option. FCA is a deal breaker for me. It kind of sucks to pay $1,300 just to remove FCA. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:17 PM   #2
esm

Drives: 2019 ZL1
I disable it with a button on the steering wheel every time I get in the car. Not a big deal.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #3
Dirtytim

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel ZL1
You can turn it off pretty simply. There’s a button on the steering wheel. It also doesn’t really do anything other than flash a warning and make a beeping sound.
Dirtytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #4
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
@esm when you disable it, does it leave an obnoxious message in the dash that says it’s disabled? It does that on my Impala, and it kind of sucks haha. For that reason alone, I was also considering ordering the PDR. That’s how much it annoys me

At least on the Impala, it’s happened many times where it jarringly applies the brakes when I knew exactly what I was doing, which can be pretty dangerous... Of course, I’m choosing to ignore the fact it probably does that because I’m driving a bit aggressively

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:39 PM   #5
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
@esm when you disable it, does it leave an obnoxious message in the dash that says it’s disabled? It does that on my Impala, and it kind of sucks haha. For that reason alone, I was also considering ordering the PDR. That’s how much it annoys me

At least on the Impala, it’s happened many times where it jarringly applies the brakes when I knew exactly what I was doing, which can be pretty dangerous... Of course, I’m choosing to ignore the fact it probably does that because I’m driving a bit aggressively

Geoff
It doesn’t apply the breaks, just the flashing sign and the audible alert. Mine goes off when your not even close to a car sometimes.

Like it gets confused and sets it off.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:09 AM   #6
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
It doesn’t apply the breaks, just the flashing sign and the audible alert. Mine goes off when your not even close to a car sometimes.

Like it gets confused and sets it off.
Ah ok good to hear... applying the brakes from under you is just f’ed up and dangerous!!!

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
esm

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post

Geoff
No messages once turned off.