Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-23-2021, 09:02 AM   #309
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Here is an LSA with a NicKey Stage I cam, headers, CAI, pulleys, injectors , BAP, approx 13-14lbs of boost.

NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #310
Ds98formula

Drives: 2015 M6 ZL1, 2012 silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodown View Post
Thanks. No it was a different dyno so the comparison isn’t really there unfortunately. The fist dyno was a Dynojet and the latest was a Dynocom.

My fuel pressure is right at 65 psi. I’d have to look at the injector duty cycle again but I think it was right around 55%.
Thats really good injector duty cycle. Thanks for the response. I am thinking of going to e85 and didnt really want to go to crazy with injectors because I know i never plan to cam it. So i may be good with 1050s like you used.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:24 AM   #311
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds98formula View Post
Thats really good injector duty cycle. Thanks for the response. I am thinking of going to e85 and didnt really want to go to crazy with injectors because I know i never plan to cam it. So i may be good with 1050s like you used.
Yeah e85 does need bigger injectors especially depending on how much boost you’re going to run but the fuel pump needs help too. I’m on a BAP but an aux pump would be a better choice with a higher ceiling of power.

I went with 1050s to give myself some room for more power later and because my tuner recommends them (Ted Jannetty). Since I bought them from his store the tune is free so that was a no brainer. I could easily get away with 850s with my mods but Injector Dynamics discontinued them.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #312
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Mod List: Only change is gutted cats and rear o2's turned off. I have no idea the power it may make.
Attached Images

CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #313
Triple5even813
Learner of things

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 coupe, black
I had mine on a hub dyno this last week and it made some pretty decent numbers for stock unported blower/stock bottom end. 825hp @ 6450, 812 lb./ft @ 3500. 17# boost, E75 flex fuel, M6 trans, cam, 2.4/9.5, fuel system, rails, injectors, 1-7/8 headers w/ free flowing exhaust, rotofab, Afco HX, PNR trunk mount ice tank w/ 1" lines all the way to the blower, reinforced brick.

Last edited by Triple5even813; 02-10-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Triple5even813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #314
Triple5even813
Learner of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
Those are great numbers for the mods done! Good Job!

Thanks! I haven't seen many over 800 without meth, nitrous, or ported blower. RPM has one on youtube that did 822rwhp on 93 octane, but it has aftermarket heads, meth, big throttle body, and their 5" intake. Fran said in the video that that one would probably make 900 on E85 and I don't doubt it.

I think the massive amounts of flow through the intercooler brick with the 1" lines and DC150 pump really facilitated making all that power and torque. I'm looking at upgrading to the Kong LS9 lid to see if I can really push the limits of low IATs and cooling this blower down without the complications of meth or nitrous.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #315
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple5even813 View Post
I had mine on a hub dyno this last week and it made some pretty decent numbers for stock unported blower/stock bottom end. 825hp @ 6450, 812 lb./ft @ 3500. 17# boost, E75 flex fuel, M6 trans, cam, 2.4/9.5, fuel system, rails, injectors, 1-7/8 headers w/ free flowing exhaust, rotofab, Afco HX, PNR trunk mount ice tank w/ 1" lines all the way to the blower, reinforced brick.

What a beast of a ride that is! Do numbers tend to be different on a hub dyno vs your usual dynojet?

These cars love a cam and E85 so much.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #316
Triple5even813
Learner of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
What a beast of a ride that is! Do numbers tend to be different on a hub dyno vs your usual dynojet?

These cars love a cam and E85 so much.

I ran it 2 years ago on a dynojet and it made 749/723 on a less aggressive pulley setup (2.5/8.6), with stock mufflers, and no ice tank. I think the two different dynos are not far off from each other, based on the additional mods since then.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #317
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodown View Post
I put mine back on the rollers last week. Dynocom dyno, 72* ambient temp.

Roto Fab CAI
LS3 throttle body
1-7/8 long tube headers
Deleted cats (NPP exhaust)
8.66 lower pulley
Catch can
Reinforced brick
JMS BAP
ID 1050x injectors
DSX flex fuel sensor
e70
Killer Chiller
Tune by JRE

633 rwhp
633 rwtq
Any reason you went with such a mild lower pulley (since you have good fuel, injectors, tune)?
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #318
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Any reason you went with such a mild lower pulley (since you have good fuel, injectors, tune)?
Because e85 requires much more fuel than straight gasoline to achieve a proper oxygen - fuel mixture that is optimum.
Out of the pump most of us have no choice but to run e10 that comes out of all the pumps in our state, 10% ethanol, because it helps provide oxygen for the burning gasoline in the cylinders and less polution.
An "e85" pump has a seasonal blend of between 50% to 90% ethanol dispensed from it.
This means you'll be needing 20% + more fuel pumped through the system to get a proper mixture that is not too rich or lean (too much or little fuel).
The stock injectors and fuel system on many or most cars, ZL1 included can't do it at full throttle. Some "flex fuel" vehicles can with no modifications present for extra hp and more fuel that aggrivates the fuel shortage.
At some point with extra hp mods and full 85%+ ethanol, the injectors fuel pump and even fuel lines can't supply enough. You might be able to run e.g. e40 on a stock system but it won't do much good without at least ethanol sensors and a tune to take advantage of the additional "octane" of the fuel.
The voltage boosting of a Boost A Pump can help "band-aid" the system for short term pumping boost allowing a more simple method to get the pumping volume and pressure needed if you aren't trying to feed a big cam and overdrive pullies also.
This is why a choice of your hp end goal is more important on the ZL1 than the naturally aspirated Camaro because you might want to bolt on more and e85 which makes a much bigger gain on the supercharged engine. You can start out with the big or bigger injectors to feed it and fuel system so you don't need to keep re-buying and tuning.

For some of us, the end goal might be fed by a BAP, and not the biggest injectors. Tuners will often recommend going big because most customers will keep adding on mods so they won't need to re-purchase some items.
That's the realquick answer without trying to type too much (pun intended)
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #319
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Because e85 requires much more fuel than straight gasoline to achieve a proper oxygen - fuel mixture that is optimum.
Out of the pump most of us have no choice but to run e10 that comes out of all the pumps in our state, 10% ethanol, because it helps provide oxygen for the burning gasoline in the cylinders and less polution.
An "e85" pump has a seasonal blend of between 50% to 90% ethanol dispensed from it.
This means you'll be needing 20% + more fuel pumped through the system to get a proper mixture that is not too rich or lean (too much or little fuel).
The stock injectors and fuel system on many or most cars, ZL1 included can't do it at full throttle. Some "flex fuel" vehicles can with no modifications present for extra hp and more fuel that aggrivates the fuel shortage.
At some point with extra hp mods and full 85%+ ethanol, the injectors fuel pump and even fuel lines can't supply enough. You might be able to run e.g. e40 on a stock system but it won't do much good without at least ethanol sensors and a tune to take advantage of the additional "octane" of the fuel.
The voltage boosting of a Boost A Pump can help "band-aid" the system for short term pumping boost allowing a more simple method to get the pumping volume and pressure needed if you aren't trying to feed a big cam and overdrive pullies also.
This is why a choice of your hp end goal is more important on the ZL1 than the naturally aspirated Camaro because you might want to bolt on more and e85 which makes a much bigger gain on the supercharged engine. You can start out with the big or bigger injectors to feed it and fuel system so you don't need to keep re-buying and tuning.

For some of us, the end goal might be fed by a BAP, and not the biggest injectors. Tuners will often recommend going big because most customers will keep adding on mods so they won't need to re-purchase some items.
That's the realquick answer without trying to type too much (pun intended)
I get all that, but it doesn’t quite answer my question. I suspect 1000cc injectors should support 700rwhp on his duel of choice... so I am just wondering if he got the pulley before he decided to invest in a fuel system (which makes sense) or if he got the pulley after the fuel system. If the answer from him is the latter, I am curious as to why.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #320
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
I get all that, but it doesn’t quite answer my question. I suspect 1000cc injectors should support 700rwhp on his duel of choice... so I am just wondering if he got the pulley before he decided to invest in a fuel system (which makes sense) or if he got the pulley after the fuel system. If the answer from him is the latter, I am curious as to why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodown;10942629[B
]Yeah e85 does need bigger injectors especially depending on how much boost you’re going to run but the fuel pump needs help too. I’m on a BAP but an aux pump would be a better choice with a higher ceiling of power[/B].
I went with 1050s to give myself some room for more power later and because my tuner recommends them (Ted Jannetty). Since I bought them from his store the tune is free so that was a no brainer. I could easily get away with 850s with my mods but Injector Dynamics discontinued them.
I just answered that. Sho himself said it in his first sentence.
If he doesn't want to get a different/aux fuel pump he is near or at the limit. It isn't about fuel injectors yet although they would be next limit with more mods. This is the dyno thread and I don't want to keep going off topic with answers. If you want to know more about injector duty cycles etc etc it's more polite to search and ask more questions in the person's thread or a category and topic of that thread.
Edit: Sho didn't answer directly but I have a similar setup and my goal is a similar HP TQ level because I choose to stop before I run into needing aux pump and more chance of engine-drivetrain breakage. It's already more than street tires and speeds on the street can handle is another reason. I don't know what street hp level your goal is or that you are used to driving but I can say this is far more lively than my previous cars including a bolt on 454 4 speed naturally aspirated El Camino. The question becomes how high of a speed do you want to be able to go sideways from slamming wide open throttle.

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-12-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:21 PM   #321
RealQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
I just answered that. Sho himself said it in his first sentence.
If he doesn't want to get a different/aux fuel pump he is near or at the limit. It isn't about fuel injectors yet although they would be next limit with more mods. This is the dyno thread and I don't want to keep going off topic with answers. If you want to know more about injector duty cycles etc etc it's more polite to search and ask more questions in the person's thread or a category and topic of that thread.
Edit: Sho didn't answer directly but I have a similar setup and my goal is a similar HP TQ level because I choose to stop before I run into needing aux pump and more chance of engine-drivetrain breakage. It's already more than street tires and speeds on the street can handle is another reason. I don't know what street hp level your goal is or that you are used to driving but I can say this is far more lively than my previous cars including a bolt on 454 4 speed naturally aspirated El Camino. The question becomes how high of a speed do you want to be able to go sideways from slamming wide open throttle.
If you want to talk about polite, maybe dont answer questions for other people?

I dont a lesson in fuel injectors and fueling... it wasnt clear to me if he got the inhectors after the pulley or before? If he got the injectors before the pulley, I am curious as to why. 55% duty cycle tells me has has more power potential under his current (even if going from E70 to E85). Just a simple question that you seem to diluted this thread with your own interpretation.

As far as what I am used to driving...my ZL1 is a turd compared to my SS... but I will be changing that.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:29 PM   #322
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
If you want to talk about polite, maybe dont answer questions for other people?

I dont a lesson in fuel injectors and fueling... it wasnt clear to me if he got the inhectors after the pulley or before? If he got the injectors before the pulley, I am curious as to why. 55% duty cycle tells me has has more power potential under his current (even if going from E70 to E85). Just a simple question that you seem to diluted this thread with your own interpretation.

As far as what I am used to driving...my ZL1 is a turd compared to my SS... but I will be changing that.
And THAT is why I answer questions less often and maybe why he didn't bother too. Talking to a wall....