Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #43
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Well, we are also only getting one side of the story and I'm sure there's some bias to it. To say it's clearly a "troubled business" when you don't know the whole story is unfair. I work at a performance shop part time to get out of the house. You wouldn't believe the amount of "over-eager" customers we get who have some work done or order parts then think that gives them the right to call every five minutes or hang around the shop all day, bugging the hell out of the techs. People think once they plop down a wad of cash they've got the shop on call 24/7. No idea if that's the case here but I'm sure there's more to the story. Also, our shop has been absolutely slammed since Covid started. Maybe they are too and just don't have the time to answer tons of questions from an anxious customer until it's time to start the build.
Go look at their google reviews, its clearly a troubled buisness. theyre all fake reviews and any reviewer with more than 1 review is an awful experience
Old 11-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #44
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Well, we are also only getting one side of the story and I'm sure there's some bias to it. To say it's clearly a "troubled business" when you don't know the whole story is unfair. I work at a performance shop part time to get out of the house. You wouldn't believe the amount of "over-eager" customers we get who have some work done or order parts then think that gives them the right to call every five minutes or hang around the shop all day, bugging the hell out of the techs. People think once they plop down a wad of cash they've got the shop on call 24/7. No idea if that's the case here but I'm sure there's more to the story. Also, our shop has been absolutely slammed since Covid started. Maybe they are too and just don't have the time to answer tons of questions from an anxious customer until it's time to start the build.
Wrong answer.

Of course they’re anxious - they just gave you a substantial amount of THEIR money to work on THEIR baby. Treat it as such or get out of that line of work.

Customer service is absolutely paramount after someone has given you their money. I do not subscribe to your perspective at all. YOU have THEIR money - it’s technically not 100% yours until you’ve completed the job 100%.

Once you have their money, answer their f’ing questions and take care of everything they ask. Or give their money back if you don’t want to be bothered. You’re in the wrong business if that does bother you.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:40 PM   #45
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
I've been to one of Fast Lane's mountain runs - nice group of guys and I never would of thought people would have trouble with their service. This sucks for the OP, but I'm glad you shared your experience with us. I was considering getting some work done by them, but I think I will just spend the extra money and go with Vengeance. Reading the negative reviews from the past few months and seeing the number of 5 star reviews on google with the reviewer only having 1 review makes me question their work.

I also noticed that communication isn't this shop's strong suit. I've seen some posts on their Instagram of people saying the shop doesn't answer phone calls or respond to messages.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:10 PM   #46
MrNoosNoos

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
If they do not have on the Invoice no refunds you have a case the issue is you used a check and not a credit card.

I know it's too late but honestly the only performance shop I would ever let touch my vehicle would be either Vengance Racing in Cumming GA, or Southwest Speed in NW.

Vengance is IMHO the #1 builder in the country over 20 years of experience building LS cars.
Yeah I should've known better. I am going to go to my original guy afterwards to get him to check out the car. I should have just got to him for heads/cam.
MrNoosNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:15 PM   #47
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Contact the BBB and your consumer protection in your state. They will contact the outfit for you.
Will do tomorrow morning. I spoke to the shop, and they wouldn't give it back. They even insisted on me coming right then and there to drop off the car, but it would take them 2-3 weeks from there with a tech doing work here and there for overtime I told them I'll go in at my original time. It's either get it done by them or lose my money. I can't take the parts. I can't get a refund for the labor/porting services that have yet to occur. No money. No parts. It's either lose the money or get it done.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:17 PM   #48
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHRS View Post
I agree the deposit fee is high, but I think everyone is failing to realize the point of a deposit. What is even the point of making one if everyone who changes their mind can get it back? It doesn't hold any value that way and it leaves the shop with no work and parts they have to return and take a restocking fee on if they are even able to. A deposit is a promise to have work done and as listed on their site, not refundable. Just let them do the work you agreed to have them do, or lose the money. You really have no recourse at this point.
I wanted the deposit back after their customer service threw me off. When they stopped answering questions is when I wanted my money back. Before I paid, they wanted to answer all my questions. Even after, it was the owner and the accountant talking to me together.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #49
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Wrong answer.

Of course they’re anxious - they just gave you a substantial amount of THEIR money to work on THEIR baby. Treat it as such or get out of that line of work.

Customer service is absolutely paramount after someone has given you their money. I do not subscribe to your perspective at all. YOU have THEIR money - it’s technically not 100% yours until you’ve completed the job 100%.

Once you have their money, answer their f’ing questions and take care of everything they ask. Or give their money back if you don’t want to be bothered. You’re in the wrong business if that does bother you.
That's literally all I wanted. It's a lot of money and a big build. Make me happy I'm spending my money at your business.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #50
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_camaro_2ss View Post
I've been to one of Fast Lane's mountain runs - nice group of guys and I never would of thought people would have trouble with their service. This sucks for the OP, but I'm glad you shared your experience with us. I was considering getting some work done by them, but I think I will just spend the extra money and go with Vengeance. Reading the negative reviews from the past few months and seeing the number of 5 star reviews on google with the reviewer only having 1 review makes me question their work.

I also noticed that communication isn't this shop's strong suit. I've seen some posts on their Instagram of people saying the shop doesn't answer phone calls or respond to messages.
With the conversations I've had with both brothers, they genuinely seem like nice guys and they seem to know their stuff. But the reviews, the customer service, and the general no response is not a good look. I was looking at Vengeance too. My previous shop is located in Columbus. He did great.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #51
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
That's literally all I wanted. It's a lot of money and a big build. Make me happy I'm spending my money at your business.
Exactly. It’s called customer service, and the proper way to run a business successfully. In any business where the company has in their possession the customer’s money without completing the job, it’s crucial they answer all the customers questions honestly. Even if they get tired of them.

Imagine a bank that doesn’t answer their phone!
Old 11-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #52
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Exactly. It’s called customer service, and the proper way to run a business successfully. In any business where the company has in their possession the customer’s money without completing the job, it’s crucial they answer all the customers questions honestly. Even if they get tired of them.

Imagine a bank that doesn’t answer their phone!
I tried multiple ways to get my money back. I even said I don't want your shop doing the work at all. They said they won't give my money back. Even said to sell the same package to someone else and move that deposit through their bank into mine. They don't do things that way. They can't return money at all.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:53 PM   #53
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
I tried multiple ways to get my money back. I even said I don't want your shop doing the work at all. They said they won't give my money back. Even said to sell the same package to someone else and move that deposit through their bank into mine. They don't do things that way. They can't return money at all.
I’m not a fan of jumping on the lawyer band wagon but I think in this case it is time you talk with one. I’m sure your state has some type of customer protection laws.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:15 PM   #54
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

I just have to throw this out for those who work in any kind of car repair/restoration/building/hot rodding business.... you know, I’ve been watching Chasing Classic Cars religiously on what is now the Motor Trend Network (used to be Velocity then before that Discovery Theater) since it went on the air in 2008. It’s my favorite car show of all of them because it’s no-nonsense, completely real, and has no drama. The host is Wayne Carini who has been a collector car dealer and restorer for over 30 years at his F40 Motorsports shop Portland CT.

He always has customers coming in, looking at their cars in various states of rebuild/restoration from bare chassis to half way to everything in between. They will him and haw over interior or exterior color, dashboard and seat details, how to apply a 6” chrome strip, you name it. He personally answers every single call and will patiently guide his customers through the process no matter how busy he is - and he is VERY busy. They are spending a lot of money with him and he knows and understands that. That’s why he’s successful at what he does.

The reality is, if a business WERE a good business they’d keep making MORE money and get MORE business if they answered every question from every customer, let them see the progress on their car any time they wanted, and did excellent work. Telling a customer they’re too busy to talk or let them in the shop while they have their car is nonsense and doing it wrong. Unless you have something to hide.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #55
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Fast Lane Cars sounds like a real POS of a Co. Worse case scenario is just charge the customer a fee for the parts they already ordered, give him the parts and the rest of the money and move on. Its not like they already did any work on the car. If what the OP says is true then I look at the Co. as a crooked operation. I wouldn't trust a company like that to change my oil.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #56
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I would call them out on their Facebook page also. They do a lot of advertising on there.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote