Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Credit card company?
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:06 AM   #16
MrNoosNoos

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I would not do business with any shop that demanded 80% cash upfront, period. Those types of shops need to go out of business. OP-good luck and I hope you get most of your money back.
Thanks. Will need everyone's help in making sure that this is can't go on. It's ridiculous.
MrNoosNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #17
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
So sorry to hear this. I assume this is the same shop who declined to share the cam card on their secret cam grind. I'm not capable of giving you much legal advice other than to say you may well need to hire an attorney to push this issue. Round up every speck of documentation you have especially anything with that shop's letterhead on it. Print out any email or text exchanges you've had with this shop and write down every phone conversation you have had as best you can remember. Documentation always becomes important in legal/contract disputes and if you hire legal help they will want it as the basis to build your case.

The lessons I have learned in this space from personal experience and from friends is why I always use a credit card or PayPal for payments made in advance of service. These payment methods give a recourse and path to dispute the charges and get you money back.

Good luck - it sucks to get stuck like this. The shop has all the leverage until you can find a way to apply pressure.

Thats the same shop. They're basically trying to bully me into getting their shoddy work done when I don't want it anymore at this point. Frankly, their customer service is trash. They were a lot nicer before they had my money tbh.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #18
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
Credit card company?
The company's? I paid via cashier's check from my bank. My bank is Chase.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #19
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
At this point, you’re clearly between a rock and a hard place. I’m not going to preach about your payment method, lesson learned there. However, you’ve now called out the shop on an open forum, which may or may not apply pressure to to do the right thing. Or, it could totally piss off the owner enough to fight you tooth and nail / delay the install process, all while you’re highly concerned about the final outcome.

If I owned the shop, regardless of who’s right and wrong here, I’d give you your $ back (possibly less a nominal parts restocking fee). Reputation is everything...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #20
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Sucks for the OP...however, I did a little digging on their website.

At the bottom of the packages page is this:

The vehicle will be automatically placed on our schedule ~3 weeks after payment is made. If you have specific dates, please place them in the order notes. Installation time is an estimated 4-5 business days for this package. After payment is made, a sales member will call you to confirm the dates. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No returns.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #21
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
The shop in question is Fast Lane Performance in ATL, GA.

https://www.fastlaneperformance.net/
If they do not have on the Invoice no refunds you have a case the issue is you used a check and not a credit card.

I know it's too late but honestly the only performance shop I would ever let touch my vehicle would be either Vengance Racing in Cumming GA, or Southwest Speed in NW.

Vengance is IMHO the #1 builder in the country over 20 years of experience building LS cars.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #22
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Edit:

nevemrind. I thought you were in AZ not GA
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #23
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I would only consider one of the big boys such as Hennessey or Lingenfelter. I haven't decided which has the most crooks - racecar builders or construction companies (I have analyzed problems caused by the latter for the last, oh, 45 years)
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #24
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
I'd never put a deposit on work. Should have told them **** off then. Hindsight 20/20.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #25
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
I always thought it was payment for the parts up front, then payment for the labor when its done, so if 80% of the total bill is for parts then it makes sense, but if youre paying for labor before the labor is done then that's odd

Edit: just looked up their reviews and its ALL fake, all the reviews only have 1 review on google and anyone with multiple reviews are awful reviews, thats terrbile

one of the reviews: I have been dealing with fastlane performance for over a year for basic bolt on modifications. Initially i wanted the LSA supercharger, QTP exhaust cutouts, E85, and headers. It took 5 months to return my car back to me only producing 3psi of boost and exhaust valves that worked intermittently. After having the car back for roughly 3 months, they called me stating the supercharger that they had installed had been recalled and asked me to bring the car back in. Well that was September. My car is still currently in their shop and has been for 4 more months. My main issue is they refuse to communicate. They don't answer my calls. They don't reply to emails. They don't return calls. I have no idea of the condition of my car at this time. I would literally have to go to the shop to talk to these guys. I'm sure after this review they will find away to keep me informed.....edited 2/27/2020. Still the same issues with communication. Very unprofessional at this point. My car was supposed to be moved to another shop and again no communication. So guess Ill be going up to the shop tomorrow to see whats going on. (Edited 4/24/20) WOW! So Fastlane decided to have my car sent to another shop. A week later Parker called me and told me the shop had found a problem and gave me an estimate. Claim the find was the fuel was contaminated. I dropped my car off over 7 months ago with E85 in it. So either they let my car sit too long with E85 or they put bad gas in it. I took this bill anxious to get my car back. Well a month with by and no update. Again with the not answering calls or returning calls. At this point I contacted the other shop. This is when I realized Fastlane performance had no intentions of getting my car back to me. The other shop told me they never heard back from Fastlane. They had an outstanding balance and refused to pay it, so the shop would not start working my car until Fastlane paid their previous debt. I still do not have my car. I will be taking off work to address this. Please share my review! No one should use these guys. This is a warning. Do not use them! 10/7/2020. I'm glad I noticed your slanderous reply. Update. My car only had one issue going in, and that was the key release delay from the ignition. My car didn't have any problems while at your shop until you installed the belt tensioner that took months. Well guess what Parker? The tensioner bracket mounting bolt connected the grounding wire to the engine block. That bolt was loose and that loose ground causes my computer to fry. I have videos and I will like to discuss where we go from here. If you have any integrity you would call me and schedule a sit down so the Georgia consumer protection agency doesn't have to mediate this. Getting my car towed away from your shop and abandoning it at the dealership is unprofessional. I asked you to check your work when you suspended it was a bad ground. It was the groud you touched! I'm very disappointed in the outcome. More disappointed that your friends flood this review section with good ratings as soon as a real customer gives you the one star you deserve

I really hope you dont let this shop work on your car

Last edited by 19 2SS; 11-12-2020 at 01:40 PM.
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Drive down to the shop and have a talk with them. See if they will work with you.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #27
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
Well that was September. My car is still currently in their shop and has been for 4 more months.
Classic signs that this shop doesn't have the money to finish the work, which is why they won't talk with the customer. They've robbed Peter to pay Paul and now they're caught. I wouldn't deal with any shop that doesn't have the resources to finish the work regardless of whether or not they have my money.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #28
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Classic signs that this shop doesn't have the money to finish the work, which is why they won't talk with the customer. They've robbed Peter to pay Paul and now they're caught. I wouldn't deal with any shop that doesn't have the resources to finish the work regardless of whether or not they have my money.
That's exactly what I was getting at but you said it better
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote