Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Suspension time.

Started my suspension upgrades today... BMR tunnel brace, Upper and lower trailing arms, upper control arms and front chassis braces all when in today. Super easy to install.

ZL1/1LE sway bars go in tomorrow. And with any luck my BMR rear chassis brace will ship tomorrow.

Read the rest of the tread for install info.
Attached Images

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.

Last edited by TECHTURTLE; 01-20-2017 at 03:16 PM.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Very nice congrats!!

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Sweet, I'm looking forward to doing the same in the future. All BMR though, and ill probably skip the tunnel brace
Old 01-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
No write up.. ?
Shame.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
BowtieRocket

Looking forward to hearing what you think of how the upgrades handle
Old 01-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
No write up.. ?
Shame.

I'll add something when I'm all done...

I will say that if people are planning on doing the upper trailing arm you might as well do the upper control arm at the same time. You have to take out the outer bolt of the control arm to get the trailing arm in, so one more bolt and the control arm is done as well.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Sweet, I'm looking forward to doing the same in the future. All BMR though, and ill probably skip the tunnel brace
To be honest, I think you'll be just fine without the tunnel brace.

Added
Old 01-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #8
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Pictures of them in place?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #9
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Pictures of them in place?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'll get some today.

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #10
TECHTURTLE

Rear sway is out.

Jack car and install stands.
Remove both rear wheels.
Remove rear section of wheel well liners and fold them forward. #15 torx, 7mm socket.
Remove four 10 mm bolts from the mounting brackets. (Top two are a little difficult) Nuts are welded in so just remove bolts from the back.There is a wire harness mounted on the top left bolt but it preys of easily.
Disconnect the links with a 15 mm wrench on the bottom, and 15 mm wrench and 5 mm hex on top.
Remove the rear exhaust mounts (The bar slides through the gap that's left between the two posts). They slide off and the exhaust will not drop and doesn't need to.
Pull the bar aft then rotate the front side of the bar down and pull out from the side.
*Warning* The metal that the wheel well liner connects to is sharp. Use gloves or great care or you will get cut.

A little harder to remove with a wrench than a gopro camera but not too bad.
Attached Images

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
BowtieRocket

Upper control arm will require an alignment so best to do with sways and lowering springs if theyre in the plan.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #12
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Started my suspension upgrades today... BMR tunnel brace, Upper and lower trailing arms, upper control arms and front chassis braces all when in today. Super easy to install.

ZL1/1LE sway bars go in tomorrow. And with any luck my BMR rear chassis brace will ship tomorrow.
Unless you mix up the trailing arms, which are just a tiny bit different in length........ask me how I know. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 AM   #13
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Thanks for the instructional write-up.

I look forward to reading your impressions once it's all installed and aligned.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #14
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
Unless you mix up the trailing arms, which are just a tiny bit different in length........ask me how I know. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!
I can see how that can happen. When I first laid them out I thought I bought two of the same thing. Only around half a hole difference in length.

Added