Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 01-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #141
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Got the z26 pads put in and the break in complete. Feels like the initial bite is better but overall braking is slightly reduced (very very slightly). All in all of this keeps the ridiculous dust down, I'm very happy!
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #142
Dallace

Drives: Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
So is washing the car also in that same category?

Look I have no intention of AutoX'ing my car and feel the amount of dust from the stock pads were not equal to the amount of braking I was doing Hell just 2 days of casual driving looked like I did 100 miles of hard AutoX'ing. .

Also consider that there's also a cost factor for manufacturers to consider too when they produce products. I"m sure Brembo/GM would love to provide a low dust pad but probably can't justify the extra expense.

I personally have not experience any issues with the Z26 pads other than almost zero brake dust. I swear if someone snuck in my garage and swapped the pads out I would have never known!. Nothing wrong with us wanting our cars too look their best when possible.

So the z26 pads you got were the z26 1474 for the front and z26 1718 for the back ? Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #143
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Only because this topic floated back toward the top . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
So is washing the car also in that same category?
Yes and no. At its most basic level, washing it is really a normal maintenance item. But there's a vague point beyond which it becomes an obsession strictly for show, for the car more as an art object than for its function.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with us wanting our cars too look their best when possible.
"Looking their best" is definitely subjective.

For those more into 'show', this can end up being a positively anal pursuit of better-than-straight-off-the-assembly-line appearance.

But if you're mostly into some version of 'go', "looking its best" is more about what you've done to make it better at whatever kind of 'go' interests you. So a little brake dust, a few 100+ mph bug suicides, and maybe a piece or two of somebody else's track rubber would be your evidence that the car really does get used in the manner that your modifications suggest. Proof that you didn't throw a few parts on there just for the ornamentation value.

Norm
Old 04-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #144
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallace View Post
So the z26 pads you got were the z26 1474 for the front and z26 1718 for the back ? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

That is correct!
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #145
Dallace

Drives: Fifty
thanks
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #146
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Only because this topic floated back toward the top . . .

Yes and no. At its most basic level, washing it is really a normal maintenance item. But there's a vague point beyond which it becomes an obsession strictly for show, for the car more as an art object than for its function.

"Looking their best" is definitely subjective.

For those more into 'show', this can end up being a positively anal pursuit of better-than-straight-off-the-assembly-line appearance.

But if you're mostly into some version of 'go', "looking its best" is more about what you've done to make it better at whatever kind of 'go' interests you. So a little brake dust, a few 100+ mph bug suicides, and maybe a piece or two of somebody else's track rubber would be your evidence that the car really does get used in the manner that your modifications suggest. Proof that you didn't throw a few parts on there just for the ornamentation value.

Norm
Brake dust, track rubber up the hood and cone scuffs have all made their way into some of the best "looking good" photos I have of my car, of course that is in my opinion. Different strokes.

I love a nice clean, wet look car as much as the next guy, but I simply cannot bring myself to spend a buttload of time keeping it clean when I know how I flog it on the weekends.