Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #15
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
OP: you might price painted stripes at a good quality shop. Would have to see their work before I turned them loose on it. It can be costly to do it right.

A friend did his black C-5 with gold painted stripes to come close to his 69 SS black with stripes. I'm not a stripe guy but it looked killer.

Last edited by Stex; 01-29-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Here's some good info.......

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/134...vinyl-stripes/
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #17
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
if for whatever reason in the future I wanted to remove the stripes, would doing so be an easy process? will there be noticeable color differences between the paint under the stripes and the rest of the car?
I had Lime Green stripes on my 2012 camaro for about 3 years. At the 3 year mark, they started cracking due to the extreme heat here in AZ. I had to use a 3M eraser wheel attached to a drill to get off all the old vinyl stripes. It was horrible!

The paint underneath was actually not a different color most likely because I detailed my car very often and polished and sealed for protection. However it did leave behind residue edges that were very hard to get rid of.

In my experience, the stripes will last depending on your conditions and care.

If you do go the vinyl route, I suggest Adam's Polishes Super VRT for protecting them
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #18
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
I had Lime Green stripes on my 2012 camaro for about 3 years. At the 3 year mark, they started cracking due to the extreme heat here in AZ. I had to use a 3M eraser wheel attached to a drill to get off all the old vinyl stripes. It was horrible!

The paint underneath was actually not a different color most likely because I detailed my car very often and polished and sealed for protection. However it did leave behind residue edges that were very hard to get rid of.

In my experience, the stripes will last depending on your conditions and care.

If you do go the vinyl route, I suggest Adam's Polishes Super VRT for protecting them
Thanks for the advice, everyone, I did order with stripes after all. I'll just have to takes special care and avoid extend sun exposure. Luckily where I live the weather stays between 65-85 degrees year round, so here's hoping mine don't crack prematurely. I will look into Adams polishes, thanks guys! cant wait for my red hot babe to arrive!
Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Aerospace 303 has pdf 50 sunblock in it. Ive had vinyl last 10 years using it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote