Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #141
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post
The trend in Europe doesn't seem to agree with you.

Mustang vs Camaro Sales in Europe

2014 YTD
556 Mustang
932 Camaro

2015 YTD
4,710 Mustang
367 Camaro

2016 YTD August
11,383 Mustang
317 Camaro
I pulled my numbers right off Fords website...and why are you using numbers for 2014 and 2015? GM didn't market the 5th gen for any other market in the slightest...I mean this is a 6th gen forum right?

Also, the 6th gen has just started overseas sales, so you comparison metrics really don't work yet. But even taking totals, 11,383 units isn't anything great, and IMO not sure that even makes all the certification and changes Ford did worth it...bottom line is overseas sales are a drop in the bucket overall for these cars.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #142
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Um the fact that it is a Camaro and not a Corvette. It doesn't have the look of a corvette(Which IMO the Corvette styling blows away the Camaro), it's not a sports car, it doesn't have some of the Corvette features, and it's a pony car.

Styling is an opinion, nothing more. I could have ordered a Corvette, IMO, the new ones just don't do it for me unless in top Z06 guise, so I went with a Camaro as I feel it looks more muscular, especially in SS 1LE trim. I mean it's no Focus, but still...
Old 10-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #143
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Guys you are thinking too much about what is right now. Will the MR C8 look like a Corvette? Probably not as much. It'll also be priced way outside of the typical Vette market and some will probably feel MR is sacrilege to it's history (remember Zora wanted it to be MR). The Corvette didn't just appear one day have all the stuff that makes it what it is today to you did it?

And BTW I didn't say the Camaro was going to replace it...just target the market which Corvette has been growing out of for awhile, the ones who want an affordable world class sports car but actually don't really care about track performance. If the MR C8 is the only one and costs close $100k, where are all those buyers going to go? They aren't moving that far up in the market.

Also I'm not saying I want this to happen too. I'd prefer a standalone model.
No the Corvette didn't just appear and have all this stuff but with the exception of the C3 I have pretty much always loved the Corvette.

And to your last point the buyers that aren't moving up market with the MR C8, some might get camaros, I have a feeling many others will either look at the used market or other options from other makes. You can make the Camaro as fast as possible, it's still not a Corvette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Styling is an opinion, nothing more. I could have ordered a Corvette, IMO, the new ones just don't do it for me unless in top Z06 guise, so I went with a Camaro as I feel it looks more muscular. I mean it's no Focus, but still...
Oh yeah style is totally subjective. The C7 just hits everything for me.

And believe me if I could be driving anything other than this Focus I would haha! Got it back in 11 when I decided have a 52 mile round trip everyday was a good idea. Priorities have since changed a car like the Camaro just isn't an option for me right now.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #144
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Guys you are thinking too much about what is right now. Will the MR C8 look like a Corvette? Probably not as much. It'll also be priced way outside of the typical Vette market and some will probably feel MR is sacrilege to it's history (remember Zora wanted it to be MR). The Corvette didn't just appear one day have all the stuff that makes it what it is today to you did it?

And BTW I didn't say the Camaro was going to replace it...just target the market which Corvette has been growing out of for awhile, the ones who want an affordable world class sports car but actually don't really care about track performance. If the MR C8 is the only one and costs close $100k, where are all those buyers going to go? They aren't moving that far up in the market.

Also I'm not saying I want this to happen too. I'd prefer a standalone model.
Getting off topic, but I don't think there is any reason to think that the next gen Corvette is going to be a 100K+ car only.

My feelings are that the current Corvette will soldier on even after the first C8 Corvette becomes available, and will likely even get a slight refresh sometime between now and then. The first mid engine Corvette will likely be a high end model costing in the 80 - 100K range. I can see it now...everyone is going to be crying and whining about how GM ruined the Corvette by pricing it so high. But shortly thereafter more lower end mid engine Corvettes will come, and they will be cheaper. I don't see why they can't roll out base mid engine Corvettes that start in the 60 - 70K range. So the layout and the engine location changes. That doesn't mean the price goes up 40 grand for just that reason alone.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #145
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
I pulled my numbers right off Fords website...and why are you using numbers for 2014 and 2015? GM didn't market the 5th gen for any other market in the slightest...I mean this is a 6th gen forum right?

Also, the 6th gen has just started overseas sales, so you comparison metrics really don't work yet. But even taking totals, 11,383 units isn't anything great, and IMO not sure that even makes all the certification and changes Ford did worth it...bottom line is overseas sales are a drop in the bucket overall for these cars.
The Mustang is selling well overseas because they now offer the steering wheel on the right side for the Brits. That is a significant consideration.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #146
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
The Mustang is selling well overseas because they now offer the steering wheel on the right side for the Brits. That is a significant consideration.
And doesn't need to be localized at extra cost...or be sold in the gray market.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #147
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No the Corvette didn't just appear and have all this stuff but with the exception of the C3 I have pretty much always loved the Corvette.

And to your last point the buyers that aren't moving up market with the MR C8, some might get camaros, I have a feeling many others will either look at the used market or other options from other makes. You can make the Camaro as fast as possible, it's still not a Corvette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Getting off topic, but I don't think there is any reason to think that the next gen Corvette is going to be a 100K+ car only.

My feelings are that the current Corvette will soldier on even after the first C8 Corvette becomes available, and will likely even get a slight refresh sometime between now and then. The first mid engine Corvette will likely be a high end model costing in the 80 - 100K range. I can see it now...everyone is going to be crying and whining about how GM ruined the Corvette by pricing it so high. But shortly thereafter more lower end mid engine Corvettes will come, and they will be cheaper. I don't see why they can't roll out base mid engine Corvettes that start in the 60 - 70K range. So the layout and the engine location changes. That doesn't mean the price goes up 40 grand for just that reason alone.
Yep we are on the same page. Like I said, it's just conjecture I've seen thrown around a few times. KMPrenger is probably right about about cheaper C8s being unveiled after, but at the same time the C7 has been moving steadily up in price, much more so than just inflation. Time will only tell.

Anyways sorry I got us off topic more so than usual for these threads lol

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #148
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
This ^^^

Really nothing else to it. Chevy offered enough incentives to make people think the price was fair and they bought the car.
Yup...the conclusion any level headed person would ultimately come to. Great car but just a bit more than some were willing to pay. Take up to 16% off and, well, they start moving a few more units.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #149
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
The infinite wisdom in this thread, like Ric Flair said, "Whooooooo"!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #150
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Thank you, Captain Obvious...
You are welcome.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #151
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:

A 2,794% jump in Mustang sales over 2 years just in Europe "isn't anything great"? I don't want to be a pest or a troll, but I would like to know what it would take to convince you that something important is happening outside of the US with Pony Cars.

Maybe this article will help. http://www.caradvice.com.au/476989/f...ng-family-suv/

Ford store employees are reporting on Mustang6G that they are screaming for more inventory from Ford but can't get it. Their showrooms are almost bare. Others are speculating that Ford is pushing all of the inventory they can outside of the US to fill the huge backlog of Mustang orders overseas well before the 2018 refresh is announced.
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #152
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
A 2,794% jump in Mustang sales over 2 years just in Europe "isn't anything great"? I don't want to be a pest or a troll, but I would like to know what it would take to convince you that something important is happening outside of the US with Pony Cars.

Maybe this article will help. http://www.caradvice.com.au/476989/f...ng-family-suv/

Ford store employees are reporting on Mustang6G that they are screaming for more inventory from Ford but can't get it. Their showrooms are almost bare. Others are speculating that Ford is pushing all of the inventory they can outside of the US to fill the huge backlog of Mustang orders overseas well before the 2018 refresh is announced.
The jump was 2794% only because the previous numbers were so minuscule. Until 50,000 units are sold overseas, it's not going to make any sort of a huge impact. Are overseas sales better, of course, are the numbers earth shattering, not really.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #153
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

2,794%?

While I don't think anyone can say the 6th gen Mustang isn't selling well for the world wide market, perspective needs to be maintained. There were 855k cars sold in August alone in Europe, and 10 million year to date. The Mustang's market share is plain tiny, in an already tiny sports car market for Europe. Like GM's profit per Camaro, we will likely never know if the world sales are enough to recoup the costs of those extra certifications.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #154
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The Mustang is the best selling sports car in Germany...consider that. This is a country where the entire M series is native, as well as various Audi's and Alfa's are available.

and the best selling sports car is a Ford Mustang.

You can try to minimize it, discount it, or discredit it..but the Mustang, in terms of American car sales in Europe, is a smashing success.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote