Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-21-2022, 10:39 PM   #1
JJR11

Drives: 2021 Chevy Camaro ss
Looking to install bolt ons soon! ADVICE!!!

So I have here sitting in my room:
Speed Engineering Headers 1 7/8 with 3 inch X pipe
Lethal Garage Flex fuel Kit
Corsa Npp Axleback (Installed on car)
Rotofab intake (Installed on car)

I have everything ready to remote tune with GPI. Would I be risking hurting my motor with these type of mods? I Don't dog the car all the time maybe every now and then ill do a pull and every other weekend ill take it to the drag strip , but other than that I drive it normal to and from work. I would just love to install these mods for my own self enjoyment to hear that 6.2 Roar with the headers and the Corsa exhaust.

Have you all had any problems, or know of anyone that has ran into problems while being bolt ons on these 6th gen SS Camaros?

Am I choosing the right tuner (GPI) to let tune my car ?
JJR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:55 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
You are good to go, have fun.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:17 AM   #3
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
You are good to go, have fun.
^ What he said
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Great choice in mods, spending money in the right places and you chose a great tuner.

These engines are pretty bullet proof, and you're not even opening it up to do a cam etc, the only thing here to get right is the tune and you are in great hands there as previously mentioned.

Have fun man!
Old 07-22-2022, 08:03 AM   #5
FlukeSS

About the only thing I can give you a heads up on is the 3" X-Pipe. If it is a Speed Engineering X-Pipe.

When the pipe settles after install it may vibrate on the cross member brace that goes across it. You'll have to have the shop, or shimmy the cross member brace yourself to allow the X-Pipe to settle without rattling.

That was the only issue I had with my X-Pipe after install. The rattling isn't damaging, its just REALLY annoying. Like Driving down a busy street with squeaky brakes annoying.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 07-22-2022, 04:35 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
About the only thing I can give you a heads up on is the 3" X-Pipe. If it is a Speed Engineering X-Pipe.

When the pipe settles after install it may vibrate on the cross member brace that goes across it. You'll have to have the shop, or shimmy the cross member brace yourself to allow the X-Pipe to settle without rattling.

That was the only issue I had with my X-Pipe after install. The rattling isn't damaging, its just REALLY annoying. Like Driving down a busy street with squeaky brakes annoying.
OP, I believe this is the brace FlukeSS is talking about. There are two options here. Shim the factory brace enough to give you clearance or purchase aftermarket brace from HALO or BMR. I went with the Halo brace.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:42 PM   #7
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post

The SE clamps are not good quality. My installer tacked them on both sides after settling so they would not come loose. That was over 3 years ago and I've never had an issue.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:48 PM   #8
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR11 View Post
So I have here sitting in my room:
Speed Engineering Headers 1 7/8 with 3 inch X pipe
Lethal Garage Flex fuel Kit
Corsa Npp Axleback (Installed on car)
Rotofab intake (Installed on car)

I have everything ready to remote tune with GPI. Would I be risking hurting my motor with these type of mods? I Don't dog the car all the time maybe every now and then ill do a pull and every other weekend ill take it to the drag strip , but other than that I drive it normal to and from work. I would just love to install these mods for my own self enjoyment to hear that 6.2 Roar with the headers and the Corsa exhaust.

Have you all had any problems, or know of anyone that has ran into problems while being bolt ons on these 6th gen SS Camaros?

Am I choosing the right tuner (GPI) to let tune my car ?
I have those mods plus ported TB and Kooks high flow cats. It's all in the tune. Shop that installed did a great job but the tune sucked. I had it re-tuned by a much more reputable shop and that was 3 years ago. Car has and does run fantastic with not so much as a hick-up and it is a DD.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:48 PM   #9
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
OP, I believe this is the brace FlukeSS is talking about. There are two options here. Shim the factory brace enough to give you clearance or purchase aftermarket brace from HALO or BMR. I went with the Halo brace.
^ What he said
Old 07-22-2022, 09:54 PM   #10
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
The SE clamps are not good quality. My installer tacked them on both sides after settling so they would not come loose. That was over 3 years ago and I've never had an issue.
ya my shop shimmied the stock brace, that was a year ago, haven't had a problem since. They didn't mention anything about the clamps, but they did say the X-pipe was a bit of a pain, and I think they had to weld it in some places not sure exactly should probably get under the car and take a pic one day lol
Old 07-23-2022, 04:21 AM   #11
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
99% sure i threw that brace in the trash.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:02 AM   #12
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Make sure you add good rear tires to the great mix you already have.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote