Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #29
lmcgrew79

Drives: '17 Zl1, '16 Viper ACR, '15 CLA 45
Anyone wanna chip in ill buy a set then post them right away
lmcgrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #30
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Offsets please!
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #31
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
CONFIRMED Thanks to your friendly mod Mr.W

19x11 +11
19x12 +41
Old 07-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #32
Donjuan

Drives: 2015 ZO6 stingray 3LZ Z07 package
ZL1 1LE Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Can you check the inside stamp for the front and rear offsets, please?
Here you go
Hope this helps all of you, Took a while i was busy 😂😂😂😎
Attached Images

Donjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #33
Donjuan

Drives: 2015 ZO6 stingray 3LZ Z07 package
Hi y'all the rear tires and wheels are fine they dont rub any where, The front are also ok but they do stick out like 1/4 inch I will post a video if i can or more picks i know everyone is anxious hang in there
Donjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #34
seanblurr

So I was lucky enough to be able to try a set of ZL1 1LE wheels on my SS 1LE tonight to test the fitment. A few people, including myself, were very interested to find out the specs of these wheels to determine if they would fit cars with mag ride, well, we know the answer now.

The answer is two fold, and not quite as straight forward as you may think. If you are running aggressive front camber (i.e. anything more than factory) they WILL NOT fit without a spacer. I say again, they DO NOT fit if you have an aggressive front alignment without the use of a 5mm spacer. I currently have -2.6* of camber and the wheels would not bolt up. I had a 3mm spacer laying around and it allowed me to fully bolt up the wheels, however, the lip of the rim just ever so slightly rubbed the strut. I made a u-turn in the street and the metal to metal rub was very noticeable during the turn, fine when driving straight. So what does this mean?

The answer is that if you do not track your car and you maintain the factory alignment specs, these wheels will clear just fine. If you run any added negative camber to the front, you will need a spacer.

For clarification the wheel specs are:
19x11 et11
19x12 et41

As these share the same front wheel specs as the Z28 wheels, which we have seen before, just like those they poke out quite a bit on the front. Add an extra 2mm from what you see in the pictures below to imagine how it would look with a 5mm spacer. Personally , if I were going to run these they would be a track only wheel and the poke wouldn't matter. I'd be hesitant to run these as a street wheel though, as you will get quite a bit of road grime being thrown at the paint.

One solution is the addition of the C7 Z06 fender flare like a fellow member did on his SS 1LE, this would nearly cover the poke at the top of the wheel. Another, more expensive option would be to try to fit the wider ZL1 fenders. Of course, this isn't an issue if you already have a ZL1. We already know how these wheels will look on a ZL1... *cough* ZL1 1LE... *cough*. However , for you ZL1 owners keep in mind that we do share the same mag ride struts, so you too will need a 5mm spacer, thus it will probably poke a tad on your cars as well.

To reiterate, below is an SS 1LE with -2.6* F camber and a 3mm spacer.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:40 AM   #35
lmcgrew79

Drives: '17 Zl1, '16 Viper ACR, '15 CLA 45
Any idea where they are hitting? Is it where the metal tabs are on the shock?
lmcgrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #36
seanblurr

Yes.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #37
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Great detective work wheel gurus! What about normal 20" SS wheels on a zl1? Would that work? Im trying to figure out if my winter setup will work on there..
Old 08-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #38
h777

Drives: None
So how have those ZL1 1LE wheels been so far? I am really interested in getting these wheels when I pickup my ZL1.

If anybody else on this forum have bought these wheels, would like to know how they have been.
h777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #39
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
It would seem that if one added the now available DSSV suspension the OEM spec wheels would fit fine with the added neg camber. Correct?
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #40
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I think it was already discussed before that if you were to run this wheel tire combo on a regular ZL1 or SS 1LE, you would definitely need to trim the struts as shown in the pictures and set your camber to stock. You could gain your negative camber back by installing camber plates and use them instead of the adjustments at the spindle/hub area. As you adjust the top of struts in for max negative camber this leaves wheel clearance on the lower strut area.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:05 AM   #41
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think it was already discussed before that if you were to run this wheel tire combo on a regular ZL1 or SS 1LE, you would definitely need to trim the struts as shown in the pictures and set your camber to stock. You could gain your negative camber back by installing camber plates and use them instead of the adjustments at the spindle/hub area. As you adjust the top of struts in for max negative camber this leaves wheel clearance on the lower strut area.
My point is not a "regular ZL1" per se. Rather a "regular ZL1" with the 1LE Multimatic DSSV suspension installed. The DSSV suspension components are now available. This effectively turns the ZL1 into a 1LE (without the aero bits). In this configuration the 1LE OEM wheel size should fit properly. Correct?
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #42
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
My point is not a "regular ZL1" per se. Rather a "regular ZL1" with the 1LE Multimatic DSSV suspension installed. The DSSV suspension components are now available. This effectively turns the ZL1 into a 1LE (without the aero bits). In this configuration the 1LE OEM wheel size should fit properly. Correct?
Yes they will fit just fine.