Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #883
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
I mean the 5th gen refresh looked dumb but you bought one in silver.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #884
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNu-B View Post
I think the 2019 Camaro RS version looks better than the SS. The SS looks to much like the Charger in the front, and I dont like the taillights.

I have to say that I do like the Camaro refresh better than the Mustang.

I have been waiting to see the 2019 refreshed Camaro before I trade in my 2016 V6 RS for the 2017 or 2018 2SS V8.

Unless this refresh grows on me fast I'll be buying 2017 or 2018 2SS.
I think they’ll adjust the SS after the backlash that they’re seeing. Maybe not though...

I think the RS/base models look fine imo. I get why people are annoyed but time will tell how this turns out.

If anything it will at least have the Camaro team go make a few adjustments before the production model.

Volumes of people speaking out has changed things in the past. Go look up the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy. Enough people complained about that, that they went back and redid the ending...

Maybe this will have a similar effect.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #885
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
Quote:
I mean the 5th gen refresh looked dumb but you bought one in silver.
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #886
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Fix yourself
Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #887
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
i haven’t been active on the forum for two years u moron...promote dodge? Do I care what car u buy? Talking to u lowers my IQ literally...mindset of a 12 year old, go on my profile and see if I was active first then open your mouth.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #888
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Imo only dodge is making their cars sexier every year, Ford is horrible and Chevy is even worse....YOU CALL THIS A REDESIGN? The top trim SS model looks like a base Dodge Charger for Christ sake, HORRIBLE.
Come on folks, you have to agree that the challenger and chargers look pretty good, but that's pretty easy because there hasn't been a major update to the challenger ini like 10 years... lol low risk move right there FCA...

They do have a good design team over there as well as marketing.

GM needs to take some notes instead of all this analytical crap they are getting from recent college grads. Hell, just go have a focus group with some real car enthusiasts.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #889
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Just as an aside, I don't see -WHY- these car co's have to screw around every year with style redesigns. If they have favorable response from customers, and have a bonus year, don't FRIG around with it, just attend to customer complaints and refine mechanicals, tweak seats for more flexibility in accomodations, suspensions, etc.
AND INSTALL CATCHCANS AS OEM ITEMS!!!!!!!!!
Or do co's just thrive on controversy? Job politics? Create a useless job?

Makes me think of the P-51 mustang//A36 Apache. Designed, built and flown in less than 3 months, and with a few tweaks and refinements, was -THE- premier prop driven plane ever devised... and was built over a span of somewhere around 25-30 -YEARS-.
It flat-arsed worked, and did what it was supposed to. And today, they are bumping 500mph in the Reno air races. Didn't need "styling". It's essentially perfect as-is.
My tirade for the day.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #890
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
Just as an aside, I don't see -WHY- these car co's have to screw around every year with style redesigns. If they have favorable response from customers, and have a bonus year, don't FRIG around with it, just attend to customer complaints and refine mechanicals, tweak seats for more flexibility in accomodations, suspensions, etc.
AND INSTALL CATCHCANS AS OEM ITEMS!!!!!!!!!
Or do co's just thrive on controversy? Job politics? Create a useless job?

Makes me think of the P-51 mustang//A36 Apache. Designed, built and flown in less than 3 months, and with a few tweaks and refinements, was -THE- premier prop driven plane ever devised... and was built over a span of somewhere around 25-30 -YEARS-.
It flat-arsed worked, and did what it was supposed to. And today, they are bumping 500mph in the Reno air races. Didn't need "styling". It's essentially perfect as-is.
My tirade for the day.

Having one fly over at a fairly low altitude is one of the most awesome things I have seen in the sky, it did a hard turn at probably close to full speed, then you see why they were still used for years after jets appeared.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #891
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
I think they’ll adjust the SS after the backlash that they’re seeing. Maybe not though...

I think the RS/base models look fine imo. I get why people are annoyed but time will tell how this turns out.

If anything it will at least have the Camaro team go make a few adjustments before the production model.

Volumes of people speaking out has changed things in the past. Go look up the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy. Enough people complained about that, that they went back and redid the ending...

Maybe this will have a similar effect.
There was a ton of backlash about the 6th gen and you bought one in red.... They also didn't change anything.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #892
IOMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Yeah, if I had waited another year like I was thinking, my choices would have been narrowed to used '17-'18 1LE or Stingray as a new '19 Camaro would have dropped off the radar completely.

The rear is not a complete disaster....

but the SS front kills it. Mediocre or bland is one thing, this is just bad, like Lexus ugly.
I still don't like the spoiler and I wish this was a higher res shot, but this is potentially a pretty damn good refresh on the worst part of the 6th gen.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #893
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Who the heck knows how many handles you use but you were anti Camaro 2 yrs ago and got called out as a troll back then. Stop your dissing and your efforts to tell ppl what they should think. And yes you were promoting Dodge back then and youre promoting Dodge still. On a Camaro forum. Youre a troll. Go away.
Mind blown, I swear you’re a 12 max 15 years old, I promoted dodge two years ago? You’ve got to be NUTS lmaoooo I love all muscle cars and I’ve always admired Camaros, you’re the troll since you like to point fingers at ppl, o h m y G o d he likes dodge TROLLLLL!!!!
AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #894
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
There was a ton of backlash about the 6th gen and you bought one in red.... They also didn't change anything.
Really? Because on here the 6th gen was mostly liked as far as I remember. Sure there was definitely some dislike but it wasn’t quite like this.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...408553&page=11

And I honestly like the new update. That said, I wouldn’t mind the flow-tie moving.

Also I bought red because it fits my personality. Loud, obnoxious and really annoying to my mother.

But I can appreciate your reply considering my generally terrible sense of sarcastic humor.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #895
IOMike

Quote:
Really? Because on here the 6th gen was mostly liked as far as I remember. Sure there was definitely some dislike but it wasn’t quite like this.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...408553&page=11

And I honestly like the new update. That said, I wouldn’t mind the flow-tie moving.

Also I bought red because it fits my personality. Loud, obnoxious and really annoying to my mother.

But I can appreciate the reply considering my generally terrible sense of sarcastic humor.
Yes, lots. Here and other places.

I distinctly remember the internet breaking. To be fair, it broke when the 2015 Mustang and 2018 Mustang were unveiled as well.

There was a random leak the night before and it was a shit show. Lots of threads on how bad the rear was and endless posts and photoshops of how GM could fix it.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #896
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Yeah I was one of those that didn’t like the 16. I was disappointed In the direction they went and narrowed to a few parts I hated. (Spoiler, visibility, humps over gauges)

I hated that the car didn’t have the look I liked but the power train and quality pulled me in.

This car is more butt ugly than v1... likely to the point I would pass and go elsewhere
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!