Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Uh oh - drove this and now my wallet is getting lighter

Test drove this LT1 today - dealer was willing to order the car to my spec and let me decide if I want to buy it or not. I have a 17 V6 RS manual that I'd trade for this LT1. The LT1 is rally green, manual, NPP, black 1LE spoiler, and all weather mats. That's it. The V6 is a great engine and sounds really good, but no mistaking it for a V8. The sound and overall aggressiveness and power of the LT1 is the main difference. I love it paired with a manual.

I'm no stranger to GM performance cars. I've had a few Z06 and a couple CTS-Vs (2nd and 3rd gen). But I think I like the NA LT1 best, paired with a manual. I think the question for me now is the 1SS 1LE worth the upgrade from this LT1? Considering that I might take the 1LE to a few track days max, I'm not sure it's worth it - although it does look cool. The LT1 comes with standard all-seasons (which aren't great) but at least I wouldn't have to change tires to use the car regularly here in the midwest.

I even like these wheels on the rally green LT1!
Attached Images

6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
That's a great looking car! A 1SS 1LE would be considerably more expensive, and the LT1 is already a nice upgrade on the V6.

If you can afford the 1LE no problems, then buy it, but I am sure you would love the LT1 too.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s a good looking Rally Green LT1!! Only you can decide if you want the LT1 or the SS 1LE. Like ST1LE replied, that LT1 is a nice upgrade to the V6 you own! Those wheels are an option too! Good luck but I really don’t think you would regret buying the LT1!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #4
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Thanks, yeah those wheels are a $200 option and well worth it IMO. I think they look pretty good actually. The LT1 trim is a good value, just wish Chevy would add a few things like blind spot monitoring and maybe heated seats. I think BSM should be standard on every Camaro frankly. I like the LT1 front fascia and LED lights look good.

1SS 1LE is more aggressive all around, and looks better IMO. I really like the 1LE wheels. I just don't know if it's worth the ~$9k upgrade. I'd have to put on a set of Bridgestone RE980 AS on the 1LE to drive it year round here. I'm just not convinced for my use in this area that the 1LE makes sense given the cost above the LT1.

I don't see any reason to get a 1SS vs a LT1 frankly. The LT1 is cheaper and gives everything you need on the street. It's the 1LE package that adds all the bits that are really interesting, IMO.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:24 AM   #5
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Sounds like you found what you want.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:59 AM   #6
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Looks nice, car was ordered well with color choice, OEM Blade Spoiler and the wheels. I’m sure you’d have fun with the LT1 moving up from a 1LT V6.
Dark Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:11 AM   #7
LT4Greg

Think of it this way 6sigma, the money you save by buying the LT1 the more money you have to add a set of wheels/tires, performance intake and a few other mods that you might want to do!��
Old 02-02-2020, 07:13 AM   #8
LT4Greg

And I see in the pics that it looks like it might have the optional NPP exhaust! Another plus!
Old 02-02-2020, 07:15 AM   #9
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
This post should have been, look what I just bought....
I like that LT, sharp!
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #10
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Sounds like you found what you want.
^^This. Buy that bad boy!
Old 02-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #11
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Your missing the extra coolers in the LT1 vs the SS. Depending on how much you want to enjoy the track, the LT1 might not be the best choice.

Last edited by Hops; 02-02-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #12
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Test drove this LT1 today - dealer was willing to order the car to my spec and let me decide if I want to buy it or not. I have a 17 V6 RS manual that I'd trade for this LT1. The LT1 is rally green, manual, NPP, black 1LE spoiler, and all weather mats. That's it. The V6 is a great engine and sounds really good, but no mistaking it for a V8. The sound and overall aggressiveness and power of the LT1 is the main difference. I love it paired with a manual.

I'm no stranger to GM performance cars. I've had a few Z06 and a couple CTS-Vs (2nd and 3rd gen). But I think I like the NA LT1 best, paired with a manual. I think the question for me now is the 1SS 1LE worth the upgrade from this LT1? Considering that I might take the 1LE to a few track days max, I'm not sure it's worth it - although it does look cool. The LT1 comes with standard all-seasons (which aren't great) but at least I wouldn't have to change tires to use the car regularly here in the midwest.

I even like these wheels on the rally green LT1!

I have the 17' SS 6 speed non 1LE. I have mag ride, dual mode exhaust and other options. I never plan to track my car so why would I need a 1LE. My car is strictly for street performance and i'm 100% satisfied. It depends on what you will use the car for. The only thing I don't like about the LT1 setup is the V6 grill. Looks like a jack 0 lantern. Also if you get it, swap it with black rims. Black rims on Rally green looks sweet.

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 02-02-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: crare
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #13
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Nice color , good spoiler , cool wheels , and a stick shift? Seems like you found what you want
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #14
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
I think the question for me now is the 1SS 1LE worth the upgrade from this LT1? Considering that I might take the 1LE to a few track days max, I'm not sure it's worth it - although it does look cool. The LT1 comes with standard all-seasons (which aren't great) but at least I wouldn't have to change tires to use the car regularly here in the midwest.
If that's your only question - whether you should upgrade to an SS 1LE because you might take it to a few track days max - I think it's a no-brainer for you to buy the LT1, since you like everything about it.

I'm a casual track day guy. One track day per year since 2007. I've been in a 2005 Mustang GT, a 2015 BMW M235i, and now twice in my 2018 Camaro. I learned on the Mustang, and always went with all-season tires and no mods other than DOT-4 brake fluid. Yes, the BMW and Camaro are both better track performers, with better tires, brakes, … really everything. And yes, I put down better lap times with the BMW and Camaro. But to be perfectly honest, I had just as much fun in the Mustang on track. It's still the same adrenaline experience, still the same techniques. With high horsepower cars like Camaros, you're automatically going to be faster than a lot of the other cars there, especially in the Novice and Intermediate groups, so you will get to enjoy passing other cars for sure. But the thing to remember is that they don't hand out trophies at HPDE track days. The idea is to go out there and have fun, learn the techniques to be a better driver, more fully appreciate your performance car, enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow enthusiasts, and at the end of the day go home with the shiny side still up.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote