Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 03-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
Very close to Buying, maybe today

Alright Camarolites, I am buying one finally,

Would you recommend buying one of these to your father or brother?

I am riding a Camry right now and want something more exciting. I test drove Lexus RC and GS but they dont feel much diff than the Camry. Want something with a soul.

I dont expect reliability of the Camry, I bought it when it had 60k on it and now it has 161k. Just changed oil and put in gas, that's all. But how about Camaro 6th, how many miles before you took it to the shop?
Or any info or suggestion or even tell me I am better off stay away if I am gonna put alotta miles on it.

Last edited by OddJack; 04-01-2017 at 06:47 AM.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Get a ss
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Do it, no regrets (if the price is right). For me, it was a 2SS or nothing.

Post pics & wha options it has if you do it OddJack!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
OddJack

I like SS, but found a V6 RS grey for 22K, 10K miles, 2016, not a rental. What do you guys think of the price?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I haven't priced v6's but it would seem with the glut of new 6th gens on dealer lots I would compare to new. Yes new will come at a steeper price but you get new tires, a fresh 3yr warranty and typically lower financing rates. These may cut the difference in payments over the long run. If you plan to keep long and rack the miles up, an extended warranty maybe of interest if you can swing it.
Good luck with the search.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
I like SS, but found a V6 RS grey for 22K, 10K miles, 2016, not a rental. What do you guys think of the price?
Just yesterday, some guy posted he got a new 2017 v6 Camaro, not sure of trim, for $23k.

This site is tough. If you aren't a haggler by nature and you don't want to spend time on this, these prices may be difficult to get.
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Alright Camarolites, I am buying one finally,

Would you recommend buying one of these to your father or brother?
Already have. And my friends, and their friends.

Quote:
I am riding a Camry right now and want something more exciting. I test drove Lexus RC and GS but they dont feel much diff than the Camry. Want something with a soul.
Camaro's got more soul than most car's on the road. It most definitely won't feel like a Camry.

Quote:
I dont expect reliability of the Camry, I bought it when it had 60k on it and now it has 161k. Just changed oil and put in gas, that's all. But how about Camaro 6th, how many miles before you took it to the shop?
Or any info or suggestion or even tell me I am better off stay away if I am gonna put alotta miles on it.
Chevrolet has rated consistently above average to high on the JD Power surveys. And the Camaro itself has won top of its class in the 3-year dependability studies each year since it was released. You can expect high reliability, no different from your camry.

Keep up on regular maintenance such as oil, filters, and brakes - and you're golden.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
If you get a V6 you'll have buyers remorse and crave more. Highly recommended the SS although I'm sure the v6 camaros are fun too
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
What a load of crap by the testosterone filled fan boys.

The RS V6 is a great car. At 335 hp it's more than enuf to be considered. I owned a c7 and a 13 2SS, and am very happy with the v6. drive both, and make your decision.

Last edited by Glen e; 03-26-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
I have an LT2 V6 RS and I get the V8 upgrade "itch" once a week lol. The V6 has plenty of power, I love my LT2 RS V6 no doubt, but cant stop wishing I went for the V8 from the beginning. Either way, go for what you really want and enjoy it! You cant go wrong with either!
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
ckahsen

Drives: 2014 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
If you get a V6 you'll have buyers remorse and crave more. Highly recommended the SS although I'm sure the v6 camaros are fun too
Don't want to turn this into a V6 versus V8 thread, because that's not exactly what the OP asked. But I will chime in as I have owned both flavors of camaros. I had 2 Gen5 LS'S over the course of 4 years. At the time, it was the absolute most car that I could afford (price / power). I thoroughly enjoyed the car(s) and got plenty of complements on the output of the V6. Today's 6's are putting out numbers comparable and often times better than the 8's of a decade ago. That being said, I made the switch to the Gen6 with the LT1 this year, and there is nothing that compares to the sound and performance of that platform. With 455lb of tq the car will put you in your seat from any gear.

That being said, I'd test drive both if you're able. Take all the input from those that have already commented in this thread and see the differences for yourself. You can't go wrong either way IMO!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
ckahsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #12
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
They're all great cars, and you're going to love whatever you decide on. Good luck!
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #13
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Used V8 SS on Carmax Cincinnati for a decent(?) price -- 31K.
https://www.carmax.com/car/13821521
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #14
OddJack

I know it's gonna disappoint some of you, but I test drove V6 / V8 one after another several times and Just didnt feel the diff. If anything, the V6 felt more nimble and lighter. But still, I gonna try one more time before pulling the trigger.