Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2019, 07:08 AM   #4789
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I sure would hate to lose my access to the premier bench racer on the interwebs. Your real life racin skills, basically suck! But on this forum. We all bow to your legendary posturing. And pretend race knowledge. Just incase you're wondering why they don't ban me. Sometimes a guy that does more than talk the talk. Adds a different perspective to your magazine stats. Now you can say bye felicia.
LOL are you starting trouble again? I hope to get back to Atco next spring. Back to a manual for me.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #4790
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I sure would hate to lose my access to the premier bench racer on the interwebs. Your real life racin skills, basically suck! But on this forum. We all bow to your legendary posturing. And pretend race knowledge. Just incase you're wondering why they don't ban me. Sometimes a guy that does more than talk the talk. Adds a different perspective to your magazine stats. Now you can say bye felicia.
Yet here you are, again, on the "interwebs", bench racing, right along with the rest of us. Just like on M6g. So you're a hypocrite. Hey, didn't you say you were done with this section and that you would only be in the drag racing section? Yet here you are. Question. Do you make money racing? No. Do you have any fame? Are you well known like Stangmode or Evans? No. So what you spend your life doing is pointless. I wouldn't race you because you're a nobody and racing you wouldn't even matter. It would just be a waste of my time and gas. And what am I gonna race? Your worthless 205 year old GT that can't do anything other than go down the track in a straight line? LOL! And the only reason you showed your face back here again is because one of your friends was trolling. Tell you what, since you and him love racing soo much, why don't you race him in his GT500 when he gets it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #4791
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I wouldn't say "pointless" Blaq...

... Felicia is rather entertaining!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #4792
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Jesus, has that guy ever heard of a comma?

LOL, these Ford guys. I am surprised he was able to find his way on the internet to find this site.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:42 AM   #4793
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Jesus, has that guy ever heard of a comma?
Or a complete sentence...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #4794
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Redeyes are shooting up there in price. Now they can be optioned to cost over $100K. Yet our lowly ZL1s and even ZLEs that nobody wants to buy can be had for under $70K. LOL!! Without any discount or rebate the highest I have seen a ZLE was around $73K. So how and why is the competition getting THIS expensive?
Not sure you would say 1% base price increase to 2.6% loaded up is shooting up in price, and Camaro with all the track cred and the performance is not all round car that people want. The talk that I have seen here some want to pick up the C8.

If I was a die hard GM guy I guess the Vette would be the car I get, why would I even look at the Camaro? What does the Camaro offer that I could not get with the C8.

If nothing changes for Camaro in the next while it will be retired again.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #4795
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Not sure you would say 1% base price increase to 2.6% loaded up is shooting up in price, and Camaro with all the track cred and the performance is not all round car that people want. The talk that I have seen here some want to pick up the C8.

If I was a die hard GM guy I guess the Vette would be the car I get, why would I even look at the Camaro? What does the Camaro offer that I could not get with the C8.

Someone got a little butt hurt.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #4796
ST1LE

These Ford and Mopar guys are super sensitive. Makes you wonder how secure they really feel about their choice in brand loyalty. HAHAHA
Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #4797
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
These Ford and Mopar guys are super sensitive. Makes you wonder how secure they really feel about their choice in brand loyalty. HAHAHA
Well the forum posters are super sensitive for sure. I know some Ford and Mopar guys and for the most part they are normal car guys like anyone else. They just dont post on the forums.

Even on these forums the Mopar guys dont really seem sensitive to me. The Hellcat and Redeye were purpose built for one thing and it does that rather well.

The handful of M6G guys that post here are rather sensitive I agree. I also find it odd that the most annoying ones dont own a 6th gen Mustang at all or only very recently bought one.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #4798
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Not sensitive at all I have had my RT for 10 Years and 80k, I am Still a DieHard Olds Guy and have the tats to prove it.

If Chevy made anything that I wanted to get I would have done it, I also have owned 2 Mustangs and have no brand Loyalty although I'm liking Mopar and how they have a car that targets my Muscle Car loving side.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:46 AM   #4799
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
C8 makes more of a case to keep the Camaro than ever before. ME layout and DCT only make the FR Camaro with 2+2 seating a lot different in handling and the ability to still get a manual.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #4800
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Well the forum posters are super sensitive for sure. I know some Ford and Mopar guys and for the most part they are normal car guys like anyone else. They just dont post on the forums.

Even on these forums the Mopar guys dont really seem sensitive to me. The Hellcat and Redeye were purpose built for one thing and it does that rather well.

The handful of M6G guys that post here are rather sensitive I agree. I also find it odd that the most annoying ones dont own a 6th gen Mustang at all or only very recently bought one.
This is true, and I should have been more clear. It's an internet thing, like you said. In the real world, I don't experience any of these things or these types of people.

That is a funny observation, and a very accurate one. They love the 6th Gen Mustang so much, but won't buy one HAHAHA.

Quote:
Not sensitive at all I have had my RT for 10 Years and 80k, I am Still a DieHard Olds Guy and have the tats to prove it.

If Chevy made anything that I wanted to get I would have done it, I also have owned 2 Mustangs and have no brand Loyalty although I'm liking Mopar and how they have a car that targets my Muscle Car loving side.
Most of my friends have Mustangs, and I own an FCA product myself. I just find it funny how people jump to defend and get all heated.

Not one of these manufacturers care more about us than any other. We are all just a possible payday, so being loyal to them is mind-blowing to me. They would sell you a polished turd if they could fool you in to paying for it.

I may not be as excited to let people know, but I haven't gravitated to the Camaro this generation either. Personally, it's lack of interest in the LT1 and LT4, but we all have our reasons for buying what we do, but when 'brand loyalty' is the reason I just can't get on board.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #4801
ST1LE

Quote:

A manual and Hobbit seats in the back. LOL
Old 12-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #4802
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Wouldn’t it be cool for the GT500 H2H match to be on Big Willow ...like the ZL1/GT350 one? Eliminate a variable by making it the same as the earlier H2H.

I’d also like to see them run the GT500, GT500 CFTP, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE so we can see how the two base cars compare to the track cars. Is power alone a difference maker (like the M6G claimed in the earlier H2H)?
Would love to see that head to head. That is the way the line up based on the type of equipment, so line them up and run them like that. I really hope they do it that way. And toss a RE in there as well for the ZL1, GT500 match up.

Now correct me if I am wrong though, when the H2H for the GT350 and ZL1 was announced, we had already seen lap times of the SS1Le correct? I do believe that was the basis for many people saying that the ZL1 would win performance wise bc the SS1LE was already so close, but I am going back on memory from a few years ago lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Honestly ...I think the base GT500 won’t be a complete performance package. Ford’s mode of operation is to have one car that can do (GT*, GT350R) and a similar model that lives vicariously through the other (GT, PP1, PP2, Bullit, GT350) but can’t quite carry the water.

The GT500s should sweep the ZL1s. Ball is in Ford’s court.
Yeah that has been the way they have done things in the past. I don't think that is the case this time around. Look at all the delays and the price of entry for the car and it doesn't seem like they cut any corners. All the models are pretty much fully loaded, all the models have adequate cooling. It's almost like they learned their lesson from past failures lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Redeyes are shooting up there in price. Now they can be optioned to cost over $100K. Yet our lowly ZL1s and even ZLEs that nobody wants to buy can be had for under $70K. LOL!! Without any discount or rebate the highest I have seen a ZLE was around $73K. So how and why is the competition getting THIS expensive?

https://www.torquenews.com/106/2020-...D_PJApNj1lOvnU
I would guess the competition is getting so expensive bc they are playing catch up. I mean dodge is trotting the car out there on an ancient platform doing whatever they can to stay relevant. Ford clearly didn't see GM setting their performance bar as high as it is so they are playing catch up for stuff that probably wasn't initially planned. So that is my guess. Also as much as some people love to bash the Camaro as being a parts bin car, this is also the major advantage it has. Sharing the platform huge cost reduction right there, sharing engines and transmissions more cost savings and oh yeah pulling from Cadillac engineers and Corvette power trains- those are pretty damn good places to borrow stuff from. While Mustang gets to share transmissions and basics of the 5.0 and 2.3 with other vehicles any high performance variant it is on its own which basically means expensive.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote