Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #4677
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That's a good point I didnt consider. The 350 is certainly more 'special' than the GT500, not sure why I didn't realize how long it had been since that badge was around.

I agree with others, that the base 500's will be available easier and with less ADM than the GT350's saw in the first few years. There are a lot of reasons, you pointed out a few great ones above.

Still an awesome car, but comparably equipped it is still $14K+ over a ZL1, that is a lot of money.

As many have pointed out, the way a car makes you feel and the experience you have driving it is very important, but when talking performance cars I also agree with Blaq that you have to have the numbers to back-up your price tag.

For me personally, there would have to be a manual for the experience to be possbily good enough to overcome the price. A DCT just wont cut it for me personally, putting my foot down and letting the car do the rest isn't much of an 'experience' for me.

So far, the numbers aren't there either. Motorweek is only the first legit test we have seen so time will tell. 11.2 @ 128 on a prepped track though, not a great start.
I think a manual version would be awesome, the most powerful front engine rwd pony car should come in manual. Iirc the first 4 gears of the gt500s dct are pretty long so besides shift speed and launch, an m6 or m7 car wouldn't have to be geared drastically different like m6 gt's vs a10's are imo.

And it already has a 3.73 rear end.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 11-26-2019 at 08:53 AM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:48 AM   #4678
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I think a manual version would be awesome, the most powerful front engine rwd pony car should come in manual. Iirc the first 4 gears of the gt500s dct are pretty long so besides shift speed and launch, an m6 or m7 car wouldn't have to be geared drastically different like m6 gt's vs a10's are imo.
I agree, I can't see the addition of a manual killing performance that bad. The gearing is the key. Release the DCT 1st year, show the maximum performance and set the standard on what it can do, then offer a manual later.

Then I could see myself cross shopping a used one, I think used prices will be more representative of this cars value anyway, same as the 350 market. It is just not an $80K car.

Same with the C8 in my opinion, other than making it fit there is no real reason not to offer one.

One thing though, doesnt the Redeye come in a manual?
Old 11-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #4679
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I agree, I can't see the addition of a manual killing performance that bad. The gearing is the key. Release the DCT 1st year, show the maximum performance and set the standard on what it can do, then offer a manual later.

Then I could see myself cross shopping a used one, I think used prices will be more representative of this cars value anyway, same as the 350 market. It is just not an $80K car.

Same with the C8 in my opinion, other than making it fit there is no real reason not to offer one.

One thing though, doesnt the Redeye come in a manual?
The redeye doesn't, it's auto only, only the regular hellcat comes in m6.

It's be cool if the c8 had a manual as well but some reason I personally don't care as much on a mid engine layout cool. If like it but I don't think it's as necessary of an option as on s big muscle car like the mustang or camaro.

The c7 zr1 does though, chevy had the balls to do it lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #4680
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
The redeye doesn't, it's auto only, only the regular hellcat comes in m6.

It's be cool if the c8 had a manual as well but some reason I personally don't care as much on a mid engine layout cool. If like it but I don't think it's as necessary of an option as on s big muscle car like the mustang or camaro.

The c7 zr1 does though, chevy had the balls to do it lol.
I agree 100%, a DCT in the ME Vette makes sense. Seems like it belongs and the absence of a manual is not as glaring as it is in the 500, like you said it is a muscle car and needs one lol.

Dang, so the original Hellcat is the most powerful manual pony car still? That is crazy to me. Thanks for that info!
Old 11-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #4681
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My local dealer same one I bought my GT350 from sold a Base GT500 with electronics and handling packages for $2,500.00 over MSRP. Others are reporting sale at MSRP, not even close to 100k. While I am sure some dealers will try to markup the base don't get confused between the crazy markups for the very limited CF Package to the pricing on the base model. MSRP for a base with handling and electronics package is 78k. Besides the base is the model you want unless your main goal is to track the car.
Perhaps in your neck of the woods. But I live in Southern California. If you're not homeless dealers assume you have money. If you don't somebody else will.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #4682
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
That is insane I could get a Redeye and a 1970 Cutlass 442 for that price and still have 50K leftover LOL
that is 230K Canadian
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #4683
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Quote:
Thanks for the link, they're quite a bit less money for the mustangs than the SS. Especially in colors other than black unfortunately lol.

I can see from the design of the GT big mouth that the stock setup probably doesn't suck that bad to begin with.
I got Dark Blue but they look black/can't see them in the grill/ The stock setup really isn't bad. Nor is an aftermarket CAI required as the stock one works well. I just did a bigger intake tube from Mishimoto/better filter. Saved $300.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #4684
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
So, do you guys think this is fake or people think they are getting the car for the bid price. I was looking at ebay motors and there is an auction going on and the price is crazy high for a GT500...actually when u read the description, its only the allocation for one.

Here is the linkhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Ford-M...UAAOSwkTZd13HR
The bid is for the allocation...not the car.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #4685
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
The bid is for the allocation...not the car.
Correct, that is what i said! Curioius how many people bid without realizing that.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #4686
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Correct, that is what i said! Curioius how many people bid without realizing that.
Most likely some of those bids are just fluffers. But people really are that stupid so I wouldn't be surprised if some actually do know it is just for the allocation. Others are probably soo foggy that they think it is the actual car.

But this goes back to what I was saying a while back. That a lot of people claim that they are getting the car at MSRP or that the dealership is selling the car at MSRP when meanwhile they are paying money for the allocation. So technically they are buying the car at MSRP. But they are paying money for the opportunity to buy the car. This is how the dealerships are getting away with charging extra. Because it is not a markup. Other dealerships call "purchase consultation fees" or something along those lines. LOL!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #4687
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
The 1/4 mile times for the GT500 so far are very close to what people have been getting with the Challenger 1320, the time to beat right now is 11.31 for a NA 392 with 485hp.

I'm sure though that when they get into the hands of some good drivers they will get into the 10's
No doubt that the GT500 will get into the 10's. REVan Evan already posted the fastest hero run that we will ever see. 10.6 sec.

The two Motorweek test align to show the average gap we should end up seeing.
ZL1 A10's hero at 10.9.
REVan Evan GT500 had a 10.6 hero

Motorweek
ZL1 A10 at 11.5
GT500 at 11.2
So expect the GT500 to best the ZL1 A10 by 0.3 seconds. Bravo. Fine job!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-26-2019 at 02:04 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #4688
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
No doubt that the GT500 will get into the 10's. REVan Evan already posted the fastest hero run that we will ever see. 10.6 sec.

The two Motorweek test align with the average gap we should end up seeing.
ZL1 A10's hero at 10.9.
REVan Evan GT500 had a 10.6 hero

Motorweek
ZL1 A10 at 11.5
GT500 at 11.2
So expect the GT500 to best the ZL1 A10 by 0.3 seconds. Bravo. Fine job!
The ZL1 is just a much better balanced car. It gets that 650 HP to the pavement more efficiently than the GT500 can get it's 760 HP under control. GM went the route of conservative HP but they put it in a package that can utilize it to the point where it can battle cars with much more HP. And the price you pay for that performance is still much better than anything that the competition can offer. That is why we have SLEs that can bang heads with Shelbys and ZL1s squaring off against cars with well over 100 more HP in the quarter mile. And even when the competition is faster it ain't by much despite the huge gap in price and HP.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #4689
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The ZL1 is just a much better balanced car. It gets that 650 HP to the pavement more efficiently than the GT500 can get it's 760 HP under control. GM went the route of conservative HP but they put it in a package that can utilize it to the point where it can battle cars with much more HP. And the price you pay for that performance is still much better than anything that the competition can offer. That is why we have SLEs that can bang heads with Shelbys and ZL1s squaring off against cars with well over 100 more HP in the quarter mile. And even when the competition is faster it ain't by much despite the huge gap in price and HP.
Why I would pick the Zl1 over the GT500. Who cares what the monikers are.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #4690
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
So, do you guys think this is fake or people think they are getting the car for the bid price. I was looking at ebay motors and there is an auction going on and the price is crazy high for a GT500...actually when u read the description, its only the allocation for one.

Here is the linkhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Ford-M...UAAOSwkTZd13HR
There was an article on autoblog a few days ago about people doing the same with the C8....suckers are born everyminute.

Quote:
That's a good point I didnt consider. The 350 is certainly more 'special' than the GT500, not sure why I didn't realize how long it had been since that badge was around.

I agree with others, that the base 500's will be available easier and with less ADM than the GT350's saw in the first few years. There are a lot of reasons, you pointed out a few great ones above.

Still an awesome car, but comparably equipped it is still $14K+ over a ZL1, that is a lot of money.

As many have pointed out, the way a car makes you feel and the experience you have driving it is very important, but when talking performance cars I also agree with Blaq that you have to have the numbers to back-up your price tag.

For me personally, there would have to be a manual for the experience to be possbily good enough to overcome the price. A DCT just wont cut it for me personally, putting my foot down and letting the car do the rest isn't much of an 'experience' for me.

So far, the numbers aren't there either. Motorweek is only the first legit test we have seen so time will tell. 11.2 @ 128 on a prepped track though, not a great start.
Thanks.

The video of the motorweek run appears to be from the Las vegas event and they mentioned only a few passes made. But still that's a number that's out there now.

Curious to see what MT, C&D and R&T get in their testing methods now.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote