Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-04-2023, 02:02 PM   #1
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
BMR MM010 engine mounts

Just wanted to throw this out there because I feel like it hasn't been talked about enough.

I recently did my oil pump and a DOD delete on my 17 Z. While we had the engine out I found that the old engine mounts were not only cumbersome and incredibly in the way but one was already failing with only 35K on the clock. I believe it was the driver's side. I took it upon myself during the build to go ahead and replace the mounts since we were in there. Not only did it free up TONS of working space within the bottom side of the engine bay but it increased the confidence of the overall drive now that they are on with no notable changes in NVH (and I'm SUPER sensitive to those sort of changes). Matter of fact I would even go on to say that it helped smoothen things up while at idle.

During install, I have to state that BMR did not have the foresight to install some sort of provision to hold the transmission hard lines running towards the front of the car, after a phone call they confirmed that, and there is nowhere else to tie them up to, but they indicated and after a long examination I confirmed that there should be no issues with that moving forward.

There were no detectable changes in knock and there was no need to desensitize the OE knock sensor calibration on HPT. As with anything your mileage may vary, but I am entirely happy with the positive changes it induced on the way my Z drives now. If you're on the fence about them, don't be. I think the majority of you will be very pleased with the outcome.

Name:  PXL_20230423_015244139.MP.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  183.5 KB

Name:  PXL_20230423_015307084.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  146.3 KB
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:19 PM   #2
1sickzl1

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6
Nice write up thanks for the info

RF intake, Soler TB & TC, ADM v2 reservoir, AWE Touring non-resonated catback exhaust.

535 whp, 537 tq. SAE Smoothing: 5. DynoJet.
No tune. 91 octane.
1sickzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
I agree, these are bad ass... i did mine at the same time as the headers... the throttle response feels alot tighter, and now with a CAM... you get plenty of feedback.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:16 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Good information! Would you say these are a little lighter than OEM, too?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:30 PM   #5
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Good information! Would you say these are a little lighter than OEM, too?
They are apparently 6 lbs lighter if I remember correctly AT MINIMUM.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 05-05-2023, 02:59 PM   #6
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Nice!
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 03:21 PM   #7
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I agree with OP, installing those mounts is a good choice when doing headers. I also installed the tunnel brace instead of stacking washers to move the factory brace away from X-pipe.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 01:43 AM   #8
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I agree with OP, installing those mounts is a good choice when doing headers. I also installed the tunnel brace instead of stacking washers to move the factory brace away from X-pipe.
What's the purpose of the tunnel brace? I thought it already had one from the factory? Stronger?
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 05-06-2023, 10:08 PM   #9
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRob View Post
What's the purpose of the tunnel brace? I thought it already had one from the factory? Stronger?
Yes sir there was already a brace in that location. My issues was the new exhaust was larger and it was going to come in contact with the factory brace. I could’ve just shimmed it with a spacer or washers but liked the cleaner look. The aftermarket isn’t necessary if you shim the factory brace.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 10:39 PM   #10
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRob View Post

The factory brace is flat, so when you upgrade to larger exhaust, the HALO drop bracket with lower center section provides alot more space.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:21 PM   #11
Bx Tpr

Drives: 22 ZLE 6MT
Funny I just got done installing the same motor mounts along with the LG header system. Then started getting a rattle from the tunnel brace and ordered the HALO brace lol

Looks great and well done.
Bx Tpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:26 PM   #12
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
ZLRob was your bike track/road raced? Drag racing? Motor mounts bad at 30K is ridiculous on GM part, I just hit 30K this past Friday, a week ago all my gauges went crazy and stopped working for 10 mins when I cranked it up while out on the town.

Then a 02 sensor code would not clear, but I had been noticing the volts on my radar detector was dropping to 11 volts while running, the 5 year battery was giving up, it always started but I could tell. Got the new battery dropped shipped yesterday and on today, the 02 sensor finally cleared, a old battery can throw all kinds of bugs. I'm going to look at motor mounts also, engine warranty go's out next month, oil pump, and cam in my future for sure.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 04:25 AM   #13
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yes sir there was already a brace in that location. My issues was the new exhaust was larger and it was going to come in contact with the factory brace. I could’ve just shimmed it with a spacer or washers but liked the cleaner look. The aftermarket isn’t necessary if you shim the factory brace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
The factory brace is flat, so when you upgrade to larger exhaust, the HALO drop bracket with lower center section provides alot more space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
Funny I just got done installing the same motor mounts along with the LG header system. Then started getting a rattle from the tunnel brace and ordered the HALO brace lol

Looks great and well done.
Very interesting! With that being said, however, doesn't that technically disturb the aerodynamic design of the vehicle in factory form? I actually need one as well because my exhaust was rattling and I wound up getting some shims on it after exhaust work, but nevertheless need it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
ZLRob was your bike track/road raced? Drag racing? Motor mounts bad at 30K is ridiculous on GM part, I just hit 30K this past Friday, a week ago all my gauges went crazy and stopped working for 10 mins when I cranked it up while out on the town.

Then a 02 sensor code would not clear, but I had been noticing the volts on my radar detector was dropping to 11 volts while running, the 5 year battery was giving up, it always started but I could tell. Got the new battery dropped shipped yesterday and on today, the 02 sensor finally cleared, a old battery can throw all kinds of bugs. I'm going to look at motor mounts also, engine warranty go's out next month, oil pump, and cam in my future for sure.
What bike are you referring to?
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 07-10-2023, 11:52 AM   #14
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Considering adding these to my 2017. I am a bit hesitant with the potential for increased NVH.

I ran some poly Hinson mounts on my C6 for a while and it did have more NVH. It was not bad at all but I found over time I was starting to get a bit tired of it.

Would be nice if BMR would make a version with conventional rubber bushings instead of polyurethane. Could get more clearance but have better NVH control I would think.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote