Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2024, 06:04 PM   #57
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Have you seen WS6 trans ams?

They’re pulling over 25% more for a hood and 17s
I have seen ws6 prices since I love those cars and follow the market. Those cars are old so it makes sense that they’ve gone up. The cat fish has also appreciated. I just think 5 years from now is too early for 6th gens to start appreciating. I do believe zl1’s will hold value very well though. I think 6th gens are roughly 10 years away from hitting the bottom of the depreciation curve and then rising up in value. I just see the Camaro market as too small of a market for values to immediately jump. The values will jump once they hit the bottom of their curve and driving/car enthusiasts specifically scoop them up for a cheap but awesome driving experience/ drivers car. Clean low mileage ones will of course fetch a premium. Anyway that’s my prediction and I fully acknowledge I could be completely wrong about it.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:21 PM   #58
m6-lt1

Also to anyone interested about my decision I decided no on the gt350. The 19/20’s cost the same as 19/20 zl1’s and the torque discrepancy is significant between the 2. My 1le also feels a lot more fun since putting new gas in it and driving it awhile with the new gas so I do think I had some type of bad gas/octane issue making the car feel noticeably slower.

I drove a few other cars since.

C6 z06- never meet your hero’s. That car kicks the ass end out too easily

S197 gt500 - very strongly considering this because it’s just down right brutal and while it is bad at putting the power down it’s very controllable.

6th Gen manual zl1- really need to find one to drive. If I like it enough I can possibly slow myself to go backwards year wise. Just cannot find one near me to test drive

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si

Last edited by m6-lt1; 03-23-2024 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:06 AM   #59
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Also to anyone interested about my decision I decided no on the gt350. The 19/20’s cost the same as 19/20 zl1’s and the torque discrepancy is significant between the 2. My 1le also feels a lot more fun since putting new gas in it and driving it awhile with the new gas so I do think I had some type of bad gas/octane issue making the car feel noticeably slower.

S197 gt500 - very strongly considering this because it’s just down right brutal and while it is bad at putting the power down it’s very controllable.

6th Gen manual zl1- really need to find one to drive. If I like it enough I can possibly slow myself to go backwards year wise. Just cannot find one near me to test drive
I'd say you made a good decision on the GT350.

I've not driven a C7 Z06, but what you are describing is what I've heard about the car.

As for the ZL1 I agree that you should test drive one. However, having owned both a 1LE and a ZL1 l can tell you that they are basically the same car except for the difference in horsepower and torque. The gearing is also taller in the ZL1 manual too. The difference in power is real and you can feel it. The ZL1 will accelerate to illegal speeds so fast that you have to really pay attention.

Because of the LT4s power the rear end of the ZL1 does feel more loose, but not in terms of it coming out from under you. That's mainly due to the rear cradle bushings and the extra power. I just ordered the BMR suspension cradle lockout kit for my ZL1. That should help firm up the cradle. Some people add this kit to the SS or SS 1LE, but I never felt the cradle move in my 1LE.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)

Last edited by ZPirate; 03-23-2024 at 01:26 PM.
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:40 PM   #60
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I'd say you made a good decision on the GT350.

I've not driven a C7 Z06, but what you are describing is what I've heard about the car.

As for the ZL1 I agree that you should test drive one. However, having owned both a 1LE and a ZL1 l can tell you that they are basically the same car except for the difference in horsepower and torque. The gearing is also taller in the ZL1 manual too. The difference in power is real and you can feel it. The ZL1 will accelerate to illegal speeds so fast that you have to really pay attention.

Because of the LT4s power the rear end of the ZL1 does feel more loose, but not in terms of it coming out from under you. That's mainly due to the rear cradle bushings and the extra power. I just ordered the BMR suspension cradle lockout kit for my ZL1. That should help firm up the cradle. Some people add this kit to the SS or SS 1LE, but I never felt the cradle move in my 1LE.
I’m glad to hear the power difference is noticeable. I spoke to 2 folks who went back from a zl1 to an SS 1le because they both felt the zl1 was underwhelming. They both referenced the gearing as an issue but I’m honestly wondering if their supercharger coolant/cooling system had air in it.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 03-23-2024, 06:16 PM   #61
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I think you made the right choice. Drive the 1LE more, sign up for some track days etc. and enjoy it to its potential.

I'm in the same boat as you, not as many nice roads / twisties, but have learned that cars with this much potential are meant to be driven on the track. Even if you're not going 10/10s, going 8/10s on a track in this thing will be a blast. I can't wait to get mine out there this season.

Also, I personally love the grip the 1LE has, and paired w the motor and gearing, while a tad long, it's def. in this sweet spot of usable grip / acceleration. Any more power or shorter gearing would just make 1st and 2nd gear useless. I view the ZL1 as a highway roll monster, but wonder how much traction it has from a dig?
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:07 PM   #62
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
I have lots of fun twisty roads around here, and I've driven a lot of very nimble cars in the past. I appreciate how the SS 1LE handles so good for its size, weight and power. I can still have a ton of fun in the corners and not feel like I'm packing around a ton of weight.
There are definitely times I wish I had a ZL1 for that extra kick in the pants power, but then I boot it and realize it is still pretty quick, and still very easy to get to illegal speeds as it is.
I think it's a very well balanced car for road use in respect to my area and how I like to drive my cars.

Last edited by speedyink1; 03-23-2024 at 10:30 PM.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:34 AM   #63
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
I have lots of fun twisty roads around here, and I've driven a lot of very nimble cars in the past. I appreciate how the SS 1LE handles so good for its size, weight and power. I can still have a ton of fun in the corners and not feel like I'm packing around a ton of weight.
There are definitely times I wish I had a ZL1 for that extra kick in the pants power, but then I boot it and realize it is still pretty quick, and still very easy to get to illegal speeds as it is.
I think it's a very well balanced car for road use in respect to my area and how I like to drive my cars.
When I’m on twisty roads I do not wish I had more power. 460 hp I think is actually too much for that scenario. I am in more situations though where I wish I had the 650 hp of the zl1 which is why my 1le is for sale. If I lived where I lived a few years ago, this thread wouldn’t have been made. If I could be at the track every weekend this thread wouldn’t have been made because I think the 1le is probably easier and more fun for a novice like myself than a zl1 would be. Unfortunately I’m mostly on wide open highways so I’m flirting with the idea of getting a high horsepower car. Always wanted one and if I’m going to do it I have to do it while my 1le has its most value.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 03-24-2024, 02:04 PM   #64
m6-lt1

Update: I am most likely keeping the car and I'm 95% sure the 2nd to last gas station I went to did not actually have 93 even though they had an option for 93 octane. The car feels wayyyyy faster today after driving on the new tank of gas some more. Spun 1st and spun 2nd more than once. It does not feel different than the regular SS I had. It feels the same again in a straight line. I cannot go backwards in acceleration feel and thankfully it seems like I just had a case of bad/low octane gas. Really thought I was going crazy calling this car boring but it legit feels like it has another 30-50 more hp today.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 03-24-2024, 07:36 PM   #65
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I guess I know what to do to your gas tank if I want you to sell me your car.

N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:30 AM   #66
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I guess I know what to do to your gas tank if I want you to sell me your car.

Haha I didn’t factor in something being wrong with the car because of how new it is.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM   #67
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Haha I didn’t factor in something being wrong with the car because of how new it is.
The dealer filled mine with 87. Driving home I could hear the engine pinging. Once I used that tank, I filled with 93 and the car changed for good.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:18 AM   #68
242ss1LE

Drives: 2024 2ss 1le m6 vom
Quote:

All corvettes try to kill you it is kind of there thing I have never driven any other car that wants to kill you more vipers are not even as bad as the vettes.

But you should just cam heads e85 and you basically have zl1 power
242ss1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:58 AM   #69
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242ss1LE View Post
All corvettes try to kill you it is kind of there thing I have never driven any other car that wants to kill you more vipers are not even as bad as the vettes.

But you should just cam heads e85 and you basically have zl1 power
I am debating doing that. I bought my 1le to track but honestly I can only make it out to track 5 times a year at most. I wouldn’t track the car with heads cam. Can’t imagine it being reliable on track after going that far away from stock.

Heads cam 1le would be a lot more fun on the street. Only thing is I’d have to be 100% certain I’m keeping the 1le 10+ years. All heads cam packages are over 12 grand around me. Selling a modified car is tough and I can’t stomach spending 12 grand and then selling it a few years later.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-07-2024, 10:12 AM   #70
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
I am debating doing that. I bought my 1le to track but honestly I can only make it out to track 5 times a year at most. I wouldn’t track the car with heads cam. Can’t imagine it being reliable on track after going that far away from stock.

Heads cam 1le would be a lot more fun on the street. Only thing is I’d have to be 100% certain I’m keeping the 1le 10+ years. All heads cam packages are over 12 grand around me. Selling a modified car is tough and I can’t stomach spending 12 grand and then selling it a few years later.
When its built right with it being properly specced, it can indeed be more reliable than stock, getting rid of some of the AFM/DOD valvetrain components from the factory. A head/cam set up that wont beat the snot out of the valvetrain and quality components would make for a great street/track set up. There are companies that spintron validate their cam and valvetrain set ups like BTR, Katech, etc etc.

If you dont intend to keep the car then I understand your perspective from that viewpoint.
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote