Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-30-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
brokedad

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss
Drag times

I thought I would post up some new time slips from last week. It was humid and was running a little slow but still happy with the times. First pass was NA with 19.5 pounds of tire pressure. I went down to 18.5 and realized I had slowed just a bit and didn’t have an air tank with me to add air. It was a little strange because on the last outing tires seemed to like it at 18lb even. That’s why I started at 19 and assumed 18 pounds would be faster. Then did one nitrous pass starting the 100 shot at 30%. I did another run afterwards with the ramp starting at 40% but forgot to confirm the new ramp setting. So nitrous didn’t turn on. Oh well maybe next time.
Attached Images

brokedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:29 PM   #2
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Nice times! What's been done to the car?
Old 07-30-2023, 11:29 PM   #3
brokedad

I took the car to GPI and they installed the ss4 cam with GPI heads. I already had someone else try to set the nitrous up unsuccessfully and GPI got it running for me. We also decided to go with a forged piston and rod set since I was going to run nitrous. It already had the MSD intake and was tuned for E85. I think I have a Dyno run at GPI somewhere, I’ll try and find it.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:50 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Nice NAWZ pass! 60’ dropped a lot with the 30-100 ramp. What tire are you running on the back? Did it keep traction during that nitrous pass?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:47 AM   #5
brokedad

I was running a pair of Hoosier slicks 28x10x17. They have been sitting for over a year and half, but still worked well. Little bit of spin but really not to bad. I wish I would have confirmed the change on my ramp on the last pass when it was starting at 40%
Old 08-01-2023, 01:44 PM   #6
brokedad

Next time I will do a comparison of the nitrous ramp starting at 30 and progressively going up and what times it produces.