Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-20-2023, 10:25 AM   #1
tbair64

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Bang for the buck

So I have a 2022 Camaro LT1. Been looking at the Magnuson 2650 kit they sell for the Camaro. looks like a no brainer for the money. 588 hp and 600 ft-lbs at 8 lbs of boost. they also include a tune. cost 8500. Don't have to change anything else. Yes I know the 2650 is way more potential. But a simple bolt on seems much more appealing than major engine work. As this is my daily driver.
So my question is to achieve the same gains I would assume you would need several internal changes to get the same. Cam , Heads, different intake , Different fuel system? not sure. and cost?
tbair64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 12:48 PM   #2
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Are you going to keep the boost at 8PSI? You may want to look at upgrading your fueling (LT4 stuff or port injection). Install a flex fuel kit to run E85. If you plan on turning up the boost, then you will need to build the bottom end as well- forged internals. May want to consider the LT4 supercharger (stock on ZL1s)- a cheaper option for the 600rwhp range.
Lots of choices.... Maggie, Whipple, Procharger.... the list is long and the mods to your car can get deep quickly.

There are so many discussions/threads regarding this in the Forced Induction Discussions forum, so please search for your answers
Old 07-20-2023, 02:02 PM   #3
tbair64

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
the whole point was not having to do any other mods other than bolt on. Yes I know if you start adding boost then other components come into play.
what I'm trying to figure is 180 some HP gain with a simple bolt on can be done for about 8500.
To get the same HP NA. would be what? and how much to get there? more or less than the 8500
tbair64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:02 PM   #4
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
I would think at the very least you are looking at head work possibly aftermarket heads, cam, long tubes, intake, throttle body, e85, maybe some meth and a really aggressive tune. No idea if that would hit it or if the fuel system would be able to support all of that...probably looking at some fuel system work too.

Dunno, I am by far one of the least knowledgeable people on here.
Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:25 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZCJBwaJWTV/

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:50 PM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
LT4 supercharger swap for 5k. Take the savings and put it towards a fuel system. The 2650 isn't going to show any advantages over the LT4 until you are pushing far more power than the stock bottom end can handle.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 08:33 PM   #7
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
NA vs. Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbair64 View Post
So I have a 2022 Camaro LT1. Been looking at the Magnuson 2650 kit they sell for the Camaro. looks like a no brainer for the money. 588 hp and 600 ft-lbs at 8 lbs of boost. they also include a tune. cost 8500. Don't have to change anything else. Yes I know the 2650 is way more potential. But a simple bolt on seems much more appealing than major engine work. As this is my daily driver.
So my question is to achieve the same gains I would assume you would need several internal changes to get the same. Cam , Heads, different intake , Different fuel system? not sure. and cost?
I think this is a great conversation. To stay on your topic and not veer off with other suggestions, I think for a daily driver the easy choice is the Maggy. To get a naturally aspirated build to approach that power appears to require fairly extensive modifications. It could all go great but with a Maggy, you will not need to worry about valve train issues, etc. The choppy cam is great but I also think you will not get the flat torque curve that will make the Maggy fun on the street. I've been intrigued by the build Lanlo15 has. It's fairly simple and he is in the 9's. There is also the build by Mike's son at "toohighpsi". He started with 100% stock, added the Maggy and then did port injection. I think both of these guys are over 700 whp and there is nothing fancy. Over those levels people begin to have serious traction problems on the street. The only caution is someone will start the argument about tight ring gaps on the lt1's but that also seems to be rectifiied now with good tuning when boost is slightly increased over stock.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote