Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-29-2019, 11:19 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
how did you get the AEM pass through? do you have a part number or link. looking on there sight. havent found it yet
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #16
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
how did you get the AEM pass through? do you have a part number or link. looking on there sight. havent found it yet

I think it's the 30-0300 and it comes with the pass through and everything else you need.

https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-0300-W.../dp/B0184TSI84
Old 05-30-2019, 07:10 AM   #17
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
Here is my setup. AF and AEM with the ZZP pillar pod.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #18
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
JCunningham - what exactly is it you are trying to do with the ethanol content data? Once you have the sensor installed and turned on in the tune in HP Tuners, you can create a PID that will display and / or log the E-content. Just understand its not like the data changes. You fill up with new fuel and the sensor will adjust after a few miles of driving and stay there until you fill up again. You can buy a $20 OBD2 port reader and Bluetooth to your phone for the same data (this is what I do tank to tank)

As far as the AEM OBD wideband, I am currently using it and confirm you can log it with HP Tuners. Pretty easy to setup.

I am currently running the X series wideband and a X series OBD gauge at the same time, with a “T” splitter cable that also allows me to plug in my MPVI2 or the BlueTooth OBD reader at the same time.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #19
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51FIFFT View Post
Here is my setup. AF and AEM with the ZZP pillar pod.
This is exactly my set up as well. I tested my E85 and it is reading the exact same on my gauge so I know it is working like it is supposed to.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #20
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51FIFFT View Post
I think it's the 30-0300 and it comes with the pass through and everything else you need.

https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-0300-W.../dp/B0184TSI84
o i thought you were just using the AF interceptor gauge and bought the wire harness to plug it in between the obd2 port and tuner.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 05-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #21
JCunningham

I wanted a Air fuel gauge then I saw this reads AF,E%,FP,FT I like the display so i chose that. I was thinking I would upgrade my MPVI2 to pro so I could use the WB to log. if there was a way to just get a obd2 pass through to log the wide band and not spend $250 on the pro that would be great.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #22
JCunningham

i could get one of these and connect the wb wire to the pin AEM uses. https://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Exten...tomotive%2C147

Last edited by JCunningham; 05-30-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #23
JCunningham

dont need a pass through. just have to hook the wide band output from the gauge in one of the empty pins in the OBD2 port then program the the MPVI2 to the parameters
Old 06-25-2023, 03:27 AM   #24
jackrwall
Jack Wallace

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
those are outputs from the innovate controller. those are not the inputs to the innovate controller from the flex fuel sensor.

the flex fuel sensor outputs frequency and pulse width. the frequency matches the picture above. 50hz = 0% ethanol and 150hz = 100% ethanol.

double tapping the sensor does not effect the frequency and does not effect the reading.

if you have doubts hook up a scan tool to the factory ecm and log ethanol ratio then add in the wiring to the innovate controller and see if the reported % on the factory ecm changes. it wont.
I have the DSX flex fuel sensor for my 5th gen. I also have an Innovate MTX-D ethanol content gauge spliced into the sensor. No matter what, I can not get it to read higher than 79% on the gauge even when there is only E85 in the tank and HP tuners is reading higher. So it appears the reading is skewed. Any solution to this?
jackrwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:22 PM   #25
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrwall View Post
I have the DSX flex fuel sensor for my 5th gen. I also have an Innovate MTX-D ethanol content gauge spliced into the sensor. No matter what, I can not get it to read higher than 79% on the gauge even when there is only E85 in the tank and HP tuners is reading higher. So it appears the reading is skewed. Any solution to this?
I wouldn’t believe it’s skewed because it’s rare to see pump E85 actually getting to 85% content. 79% isn’t bad at all for pump E85.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #26
jackrwall
Jack Wallace

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I wouldn’t believe it’s skewed because it’s rare to see pump E85 actually getting to 85% content. 79% isn’t bad at all for pump E85.
Usually I would agree, but HP tuners is showing a higher reading from the ECM. And although I usually get E85 from the same pump every time, I would think the content would vary slightly, but its almost always right at like 79.8% even if I get it from another pump. Makes me think the true value is somewhere above that.
jackrwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:59 PM   #27
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrwall View Post
Usually I would agree, but HP tuners is showing a higher reading from the ECM. And although I usually get E85 from the same pump every time, I would think the content would vary slightly, but its almost always right at like 79.8% even if I get it from another pump. Makes me think the true value is somewhere above that.
What the variance between HPT and your gauge? Also, I’d suggest consider posting at Camaro5 to see if someone can help. I just saw you’re in a 2012.

I didn’t have to wire/splice my gauge on the 6th gen since it’s all OBDII. Maybe someone more familiar with your setup can offer their thoughts.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote