Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #29
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Just got back from the shop for oil and rear end change.
(they got a nice lift that makes it easy)
Dark, but fairly transparent oil coming out of the engine... looked more like some carbon from blowby in breaking in.
Rear end, DARK. Just like the threads on here said it'd be.
Mileage, ~1300.
I figure that's break-in.
Runs slightly smoother, and MPG went up climbing into the hills; a surprise. Not much, but noticeable.
Best thing, I pulled in with a sportscar less than 1 month off the lot, and I automatically got on their "preferred customer list"!!!
Fooling around with the car for around 2 hours, cost a paltry $54 !!!!
I bought the engine oil and filter though.
The Summit Racing site showed the PF64 as having a relief of 17#/in...think was a typo error.
After the car was all done, the start-up in sport mode emptied the rest of the building with guys wondering what kind of cool toy it was we were playing with.
Nice to see a bunch of enthusiastic guys checking it out, and yakking CARS. One of the more pleasant occurrences. Especially when you generally aren't allowed in the shop at the dealer's. They let me spend the whole time gawking at all the techno details under the car, and thanks to this site, I was able to explain a few things.
They were remarking how well this car was set up, and amazing seeing it's out of the "box".
Pleasant morning, and am glad I found a place just a few miles down the street where I can bring it to have a look underneath.
Would like to thank
CAMARO6 and Obrien's Automotive, for help, and info on aspects of this fine car.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #30
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
DEXOS rated Red Line. I always used Red Line oil in my previous Vette's. Pricey but I think worth it.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
Marko

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
Just got back from the shop for oil and rear end change.
(they got a nice lift that makes it easy)
Dark, but fairly transparent oil coming out of the engine... looked more like some carbon from blowby in breaking in.
Rear end, DARK. Just like the threads on here said it'd be.
Mileage, ~1300.
I figure that's break-in.
Runs slightly smoother, and MPG went up climbing into the hills; a surprise. Not much, but noticeable.
Best thing, I pulled in with a sportscar less than 1 month off the lot, and I automatically got on their "preferred customer list"!!!
Fooling around with the car for around 2 hours, cost a paltry $54 !!!!
I bought the engine oil and filter though.
The Summit Racing site showed the PF64 as having a relief of 17#/in...think was a typo error.
After the car was all done, the start-up in sport mode emptied the rest of the building with guys wondering what kind of cool toy it was we were playing with.
Nice to see a bunch of enthusiastic guys checking it out, and yakking CARS. One of the more pleasant occurrences. Especially when you generally aren't allowed in the shop at the dealer's. They let me spend the whole time gawking at all the techno details under the car, and thanks to this site, I was able to explain a few things.
They were remarking how well this car was set up, and amazing seeing it's out of the "box".
Pleasant morning, and am glad I found a place just a few miles down the street where I can bring it to have a look underneath.
Would like to thank
CAMARO6 and Obrien's Automotive, for help, and info on aspects of this fine car.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I’m gonna get my rear diff fluid changed soon. I just have 1k miles so far.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote