Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
ArthurJGuy

Drives: Camaro ZL1
My Torque Gauge Solution

I'm not a huge fan of gauge pods on cars, because typically the gauges installed in them serve no purpose. That said, I did want to be able to data log my car and keep an eye on some temps while driving around town as I'm testing things out.

I didn't want to go with the vent style or IROC style pods (the only ones I've really seen for the 6th gen) because the shape doesn't match the interior of the car to me. I know, I'm OCD about dumb shit.

I decided to repurpose an old Android phone and make it a semi-permanent install in my car. I used a Proclip for the mount, however the one common complaint about the Proclip in this location is that it gets in the way of the stalk, so I used a magnetic mount for the phone and everything fits perfectly.

The phone stays in the car 99% of the time, it powers up when I start the car, it launches straight into the dashboard, it data logs every single drive that I take, it powers off when I shut off the car, and when I return home it dumps all my data logs onto my Google Drive.
Attached Images

FB | IG | YT
ArthurJGuy is offline   Reply With Quote