Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2020, 11:25 PM   #1
Jinkx

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Valentine V1 Gen2 - Hardwire Install w Concealed Display

Check it out!! Hope it helps everyone!!

https://youtu.be/TcvY6szBX1Q
Install w Coax RG6 center conductor for dsub pins for purple white and black wires from white plug in ceiling

https://youtu.be/soZ-58dg_AU
Final Result
Jinkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
nice video. whats the point of the 2nd display? Does it mimic the original display on the box?
Old 10-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Jinkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
nice video. whats the point of the 2nd display? Does it mimic the original display on the box?
Its a clone of the orig display. The second display is for 2 reasons really... Easier to see and in field of view of driver... And to keep police from seeing the radar detector up at the mirror function.

You can set the settings to have the radar detector up by the mirror go black when the concealed display is installed, or have them both light up.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
robertd33

Drives: 2018 2ss redline
i did that wire before. when you spin tires & the traction control light comes on, the power will be cut from purple/white for maybe half a second. for my uniden, that was long enough to turn it off. then i'd have to pull the power cord to restart it. if your valentine can hang on, it may work for you.
robertd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:22 AM   #5
Jinkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd33 View Post
i did that wire before. when you spin tires & the traction control light comes on, the power will be cut from purple/white for maybe half a second. for my uniden, that was long enough to turn it off. then i'd have to pull the power cord to restart it. if your valentine can hang on, it may work for you.
I have inadvertently tripped the TC a few times since install and have not noticed that effect for the Valentine. Very interesting I will be on the lookout for that.