Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
2019 2SS Bluetooth and Nav issue

Just noticed last week that bluetooth will no longer pair. I push to connect phone and it does nothing. all previously connected phones show on the not connected section, clicking them does nothing. I had deleted all previously connected phones when i purchased the car used 5 months ago. All the phones that show are the ones i deleted. This is really strange. I am unable to delete any of them.

My Nav has GPS signal,it shows where i'm going no problem, i am unable to find any address anywhere though, no POIs, nothing.
If i try to enter my home address it says nothing found. No matter what i search it says that.

When i try to create a driver account, it doesn't find my email i had used previously, when i attempt to create a new account, i get server cannot be reached try again later.
I can connect to my home wifi, that's no problem.

This is driving me nuts, my last update to software shows as 2018. always says no update available when searching for update.

I have checked every fuse, pulled all fuses related, disconnected battery for hour. Nothing has helped. Checked all plugs on the hmi, Nav, antenna.
everything is connected fine.

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever has similar issues.

Thanks guys
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Strange...

I don't have the factory Nav, so no insight on that, but try forgetting your Camaro in your phone's Bluetooth settings and re-pairing. Restart the phone too.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Strange...

I don't have the factory Nav, so no insight on that, but try forgetting your Camaro in your phone's Bluetooth settings and re-pairing. Restart the phone too.
Problem is it won't do nothing when I push to add phone. Nothing. This is not a phone issue at all. Wont even attempt to pair.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #4
FlyingFischer5

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Satin Steel Gray
I would check with a local dealer. Sounds like something with software is messed up. I've had my '19 for 6 months and have had 3 software updates since owning it. I've only had one time my phone would not connect and I turned the car off and back on all all was good again. Or if you don't want to go to the dealer there is a "reset" in the settings. Can't remember where exactly but know I've seen one. Maybe give that a shot.
2019 Chevy Camaro - 2SS - Satin Steel Gray Metallic - RotoFab w/Dry Filter and Sound Tube Delete, Borla S-Type Carbon, Mishimoto Catch Can, (2) Banks iDash Gauges in ZZP Pillar Mount, DD Side Marker Lights, EOS Gloss Black ZL1 Splitter, Ikon Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

2004 Chevy Trailblazer - LS 4.2l - Black - 3.5" Lift, Custom Interior, Custom Roof Rack and Grille w/Built-in Light Bars, 285/55R20 on Trailblazer SS Wheels
FlyingFischer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFischer5 View Post
I would check with a local dealer. Sounds like something with software is messed up. I've had my '19 for 6 months and have had 3 software updates since owning it. I've only had one time my phone would not connect and I turned the car off and back on all all was good again. Or if you don't want to go to the dealer there is a "reset" in the settings. Can't remember where exactly but know I've seen one. Maybe give that a shot.
Tried the reset several times. Will be checking with dealer next week. Sucks cause its used and past the bumper to bumper warranty. When I connect phone with USB I get a constant connect/disconnect sound 5 or 6 times then just stops. Will not connect to Android auto. I play my music through USB thumb drive that stays connected all the time. It works fine. Odd

Last edited by chris227; 08-30-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:23 PM   #6
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Does your nav have a memory card, if so take it out with the ignition on and then reinsert and see if it reboots.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:17 PM   #7
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersportss View Post
Does your nav have a memory card, if so take it out with the ignition on and then reinsert and see if it reboots.
Tried that as well. Seems to be a communication issue. I have a appointment set for 7:30 tomorrow. Will update once I know something.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:14 AM   #8
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
Turn off wifi on your phone.
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
Turn off wifi on your phone.
Phone is not the problem. Clicking the add phone button on the screen does nothin just blinks. Changed my appointment to Fri, just got more important things to deal with right now. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:42 AM   #10
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
My 2019 2SS will choke if both Bluetooth and WiFi are turned on on my Android phone.
If I turn off WiFi, it will connect after I unplug phone, reconnect phone it will make a couple of noises and soon AA will light up blue. I touch it and within 5-10 seconds WAZE will appear and Pandora button will show up.
My 2020 Silverado does not care if BT and WiFi are on at same time.??
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
My 2019 2SS will choke if both Bluetooth and WiFi are turned on on my Android phone.
If I turn off WiFi, it will connect after I unplug phone, reconnect phone it will make a couple of noises and soon AA will light up blue. I touch it and within 5-10 seconds WAZE will appear and Pandora button will show up.
My 2020 Silverado does not care if BT and WiFi are on at same time.??
Update the software in your car, and also check to ensure that your Android Auto app on your phone is not waiting on any pending updates.

OP: Seems you bought the car used - Did you ever check to ensure that OnStar knows that the car is no longer in the hands of the original owner? It's almost like they disabled all of the connectivity for your car...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:32 PM   #12
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Glad you are taking it in to the dealership. Should be covered under warranty.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #13
chris227

Dealer is looking at car now, radio programming shows "unknown" tech is trying to figure it out.

Update.. Everything is working fine now, except the navigation, tech thinks it might have to do with sd card. Honestly don't care. everything else works. Tech had no
idea how the "unknown" software got on there or what caused it.

I'm now updated to the newest release. V808

Last edited by chris227; 09-04-2020 at 08:18 PM.