Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #15
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
when using android auto via usb I would turn off Bluetooth on the phone. I have an admittedly cheap android device that won't hook up (to my home) via wifi unless Bluetooth and location are turned off. For Bluetooth, I have to turn off wifi and location to get it to pair. I think these handshake protocols get confused sometimes when there are multiple ways to connect.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #16
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
when using android auto via usb I would turn off Bluetooth on the phone. I have an admittedly cheap android device that won't hook up (to my home) via wifi unless Bluetooth and location are turned off. For Bluetooth, I have to turn off wifi and location to get it to pair. I think these handshake protocols get confused sometimes when there are multiple ways to connect.
While that process may help keep the AA functionality working well, it's not a viable thing. For example, I would lose the connectivity with my Smart Watch if I were to kill off BlueTooth.

Also, I have found that relying on phone audio via USB is much more sketchy than via BT. I have had some issues, but mostly it works just fine overall. Typically, when I'm running into a problem, I find that it's related to "unsynchronized" software updates among Android, the Android Auto app, and the various apps that AA supports (including the Phone app).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #17
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Picked up my camaro up yesterday and after talking to the service manager they did replace the module and again try to do what is called a V1 update to the infotainment system which still fail to do. Thank God for warranty because the cost came to $895. There was still no improvement even after replacing the module. As I stated, my note 10 plus works fine in my wife's 2021 trax and my wife's S10 Samsung works fine in my camaro. I made a phone call to Chevrolet support and they told me that they will contact my dealership and tell them to check the wiring harness or check for a loose connection as they have come across this complaint before. I now have a case number hoping to resolve this issue. Last step is to just get a new phone.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
Picked up my camaro up yesterday and after talking to the service manager they did replace the module and again try to do what is called a V1 update to the infotainment system which still fail to do. Thank God for warranty because the cost came to $895. There was still no improvement even after replacing the module. As I stated, my note 10 plus works fine in my wife's 2021 trax and my wife's S10 Samsung works fine in my camaro. I made a phone call to Chevrolet support and they told me that they will contact my dealership and tell them to check the wiring harness or check for a loose connection as they have come across this complaint before. I now have a case number hoping to resolve this issue. Last step is to just get a new phone.
I don't recall if you tried this specifically...

Have you tried connecting the phone by bluetooth only and then using the volume sliders on the phone to make sure that the audio volume over BT is turned up?

Also, the process to completely unpair the phone/car would be:

- Delete the car from the phone
- Delete the phone from the car
- Turn the car off, get out, close the door, and walk away
- Reboot the phone
- Return to the car after about 5 minutes
- Pair via BT only (no USB connection)
- Test

Last edited by ember1205; 01-17-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #19
COKen

Drives: '21 Camao SS, BMW 435i, M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Also, the process to completely unpaid the phone/car would be:

I think ember1205 intended to say unpair.

But maybe if you unpaid it, it would be cheaper.
COKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:13 PM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
I think ember1205 intended to say unpair.

But maybe if you unpaid it, it would be cheaper.
lol... Yep. Unpair.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:23 PM   #21
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
OP,

I was also going to suggest making sure that the Bluetooth volume on your phone was turned all the way up before connecting your USB cable.

All,

Just to add some balance to the discussion on Android Auto...I run it consistently in my car with minimal issues. Works great for me 99% of the time. Once in awhile a Google app update or Android Auto update will introduce a glitch, but they normally patch those pretty quickly.

I prefer Android Auto to Apple Carplay hands down. The interface is just better. We use Carplay in my wife's car. Not enough screen real estate dedicated to the navigation app given the roughly 50/50 split with the audio controls. Android Auto gets it right by placing the audio controls in a thin strip along the bottom.

My two cents...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:23 PM   #22
legendary70

Drives: 2017 Camaro
thank u. i will try that. ill get back.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:13 AM   #23
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
My current Android Auto thing is that the audio from apps and music is partially muted. And then the voice navigation comes on incredibly loud. It's always something.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:25 PM   #24
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
I have a 6 year old Samsung J7. I do not have nav in the Camaro so I like to run Waze and Pandora from my phone via AA.

When I first connect it will start Waze and Pandora for a few minutes then choke. Nothing seems to work to get it going again. The car keeps searching for the phone.

Finally after many attempts to get it going I found that if I disable Wifi, it works great. Voice calls, everything works.

In my 2020 Silverado, the truck doesn't care if Wifi is on or not. It just works, no issues.

Hope this might help, even though op has an apple phone.
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:36 AM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
I have a 6 year old Samsung J7. I do not have nav in the Camaro so I like to run Waze and Pandora from my phone via AA.

When I first connect it will start Waze and Pandora for a few minutes then choke. Nothing seems to work to get it going again. The car keeps searching for the phone.

Finally after many attempts to get it going I found that if I disable Wifi, it works great. Voice calls, everything works.

In my 2020 Silverado, the truck doesn't care if Wifi is on or not. It just works, no issues.

Hope this might help, even though op has an apple phone.
Disable WiFi on.... ???? The phone? The car? Both?

Also, OP never stated they have an Apple phone that I can see.

Given that AA now supports Wireless connectivity (which requires a WiFi connection as part of the link), have you verified that your phone has all of the correct versions of the various pieces of software from the Play Store? And that the software on your Infotainment system is current as well? It's possible that differing capabilities from different software are "confusing" the phone/car...
Old 01-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #26
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Disable WiFi on.... ???? The phone? The car? Both?

Also, OP never stated they have an Apple phone that I can see.

Given that AA now supports Wireless connectivity (which requires a WiFi connection as part of the link), have you verified that your phone has all of the correct versions of the various pieces of software from the Play Store? And that the software on your Infotainment system is current as well? It's possible that differing capabilities from different software are "confusing" the phone/car...
I think I got two threads mixed up on the phones, sorry.

My phone is as up to date as it is going to get. And yes, Wifi off on the phone. I don't have Wifi enabled on the car or truck.
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote