Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #15
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
So I ordered the Zen AVB yesterday and got this email almost immediately:
"This product is currently being updated and is not available for sale at this time - will notify you when in stock - cancelling this order for now ..."

Hopefully it's available again soon...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #16
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Oh boy. I guess they fed me a line with the "this is the final version".

They probably got tired of losing money on all the RMA's.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
That’s too bad. You’d hope companies perform plenty of R&D before they release a product for public sale. Everyone who’s purchased this was pretty much a beta tester. A guinea pig.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #18
SWRocket

I just don't understand why they would let you place the order and then cancel it...Having an "out of stock" message and disable the "Add to Cart" button seems like a better way to go...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #19
SWRocket

Just as an update, seems like AVB-GM is back in stock. Just placed the order again (over chat with their CS rep Tony)
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #20
SilverCamaroVert

Good ole Tony! He's a zaney guy. He helped me with my first replacement.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #21
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

We need at least one other company to develop a compatible module. To force price down and quality up. I’m not buying this yet. Too much questionable reliability right now.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #22
chevcanada

Drives: chevy Camaro
does that mean the optical may work now? as I mentioned before im using analog but now starting to cut out frequently. perhaps i will need the new unit or an update to my current one. So frustrating
chevcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:40 AM   #23
SWRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevcanada View Post
does that mean the optical may work now? as I mentioned before im using analog but now starting to cut out frequently. perhaps i will need the new unit or an update to my current one. So frustrating
No, optical still doesn't work :(
Audio System Build Log
Old 10-09-2020, 10:32 PM   #24
StLCamarofan

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE M6
Just thought I'd toss my .02 in, I'm running a zen-AVB (have been since May) and suddenly yesterday my amps quit turning on. I only ever had some of my chimes, and my blinkers were delayed. But no other issues to date.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #25
SilverCamaroVert

Sadly the saga continues and it's not great. Every update gets worse. I'm having times when my DSP isn't powering up. Probably the remote out trigger IDK yet. Haven't had time to really trace the issue yet but it started with the latest update. Of course support ticket's go without a single response.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:23 AM   #26
SWRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
Sadly the saga continues and it's not great. Every update gets worse. I'm having times when my DSP isn't powering up. Probably the remote out trigger IDK yet. Haven't had time to really trace the issue yet but it started with the latest update. Of course support ticket's go without a single response.
That sucks...I already have the Zen but haven't started my install yet. Now I'm wondering if I should...Having the random cutout would drive me nuts.
Audio System Build Log
Old 10-14-2020, 01:33 PM   #27
chevcanada

Drives: chevy Camaro
They are trying to get me to send the old unit back they replaced or else they will charge me but unfortunately it was thrown out so I dunno if they can even do that. All while I'm driving around with no music for a month since it stopped working. Wonder if they will fix the issues or if it's a waiting game for PAC Audio
chevcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:49 PM   #28
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevcanada View Post
They are trying to get me to send the old unit back they replaced or else they will charge me but unfortunately it was thrown out so I dunno if they can even do that. All while I'm driving around with no music for a month since it stopped working. Wonder if they will fix the issues or if it's a waiting game for PAC Audio
Call your credit card company now and tell them not to accept any charges from the company.