Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #183
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
thats the exact reason i do a few events on my stock bar before switching to a new one. IF you dont know how the car feels at the limit you wont know what your change will or how it affected the car.
"Baselining" or "creating book ends" as an old engineer used to comment.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:32 AM   #184
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I will be trying out the Hotchkis front bar and BMR rear when it warms up using G3R tires.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #185
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I agree with TC 100% here. Do not stiffen any part of the suspension when you have downgraded the tires. Tires are the most important piece of the handling puzzle.
Thank you sir
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:43 PM   #186
yourmomshouse

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
Reading these responses make me want to buy a new set of wheels and tires and cough up the exorbitant storage fees in NY. It doesn't make my decision any easier. Basically if I want this thing to handle better, it's gonna cost a few grand for new wheels and tires, plus ongoing storage fees. Maybe I'll just change out the front tires for the new Michelin all seasons and see what that does for me before committing. You guys either saved me a bunch of cash or the complete opposite. Thanks for the informative posts...
yourmomshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #187
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmomshouse View Post
Reading these responses make me want to buy a new set of wheels and tires and cough up the exorbitant storage fees in NY. It doesn't make my decision any easier. Basically if I want this thing to handle better, it's gonna cost a few grand for new wheels and tires, plus ongoing storage fees. Maybe I'll just change out the front tires for the new Michelin all seasons and see what that does for me before committing. You guys either saved me a bunch of cash or the complete opposite. Thanks for the informative posts...
Have you checked with local dealers re cost of storage? Don't know NYC specific pricing, but elsewhere, most seem to charge reasonable fees for storage and swapping. As long as you purchase tires thru them. Best of luck!
Old 01-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #188
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
For Sale

My sway bars are SOLD
$325 shipped; includes aftermarket front endlinks, unmodified bushings and mounts, and 2 sets of my modified front bushings for use with the stock mounts. My fix worked and they never failed. Selling because I sold the Camaro and bought a C6Z.
Attached Images

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 01-05-2021 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Sold bars
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #189
TrackClub

Quote:
My sway bars are for sale if anyone following this thread is interested.
$325 shipped; includes aftermarket front endlinks, unmodified bushings and mounts, and 2 sets of my modified front bushings for use with the stock mounts. My fix worked and they never failed. Selling because I sold the Camaro and bought a C6Z.
Congrats!!! Don't forget my suggestion about Aviaid kit that prevents oil tank cavitation and pan pick up issues in high G corners. Have 3 buds that all lost their motors UNTIL they implemented this kit.
Since then, zero motors going boom even on slicks. Food for thought. Enjoy the C6Z. They are absolutely awesome track cars: light, good NA power and seemingly bulletproof with Aviaid. Just NEED better seats and a harness bar (or half cage - yet the B pillar seems mighty strong i hear).
PS Let us know what your impressions are!
All the best and happy new year!

Last edited by TrackClub; 01-04-2021 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling from avyaid to aviaid
Old 01-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #190
carguy55

Quote:
My sway bars are for sale if anyone following this thread is interested.
What was "your fix" ? Never could figure it out
Old 01-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #191
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Congrats!!! Don't forget my suggestion about Aviaid kit that prevents oil tank cavitation and pan pick up issues in high G corners. Have 3 buds that all lost their motors UNTIL they implemented this kit.
Since then, zero motors going boom even on slicks. Food for thought. Enjoy the C6Z. They are absolutely awesome track cars: light, good NA power and seemingly bulletproof with Aviaid. Just NEED better seats and a harness bar (or half cage - yet the B pillar seems mighty strong i hear).
PS Let us know what your impressions are!
All the best and happy new year!
I am looking into the dry sump stuff. Luckily the car is a 2013 so the seats are a little better than the early ones. I am going to see how they do before buying a race seat, but I'll probably still want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
What was "your fix" ? Never could figure it out
Cut the extended lips off of the BMR bushings and use the stock swaybar mounting brackets. The bushings fit inside very tightly and this creates a wider bearing surface for the loads.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #192
TrackClub

Quote:
I am looking into the dry sump stuff. Luckily the car is a 2013 so the seats are a little better than the early ones. I am going to see how they do before buying a race seat, but I'll probably still want one.

Cut the extended lips off of the BMR bushings and use the stock swaybar mounting brackets. The bushings fit inside very tightly and this creates a wider bearing surface for the loads.
Nice you scored a later model. Makes sense to test the seats before spending more $. Post some pix when ya get a chance
Old 01-06-2021, 04:36 AM   #193
carguy55

Quote:
Thanks and good luck with the C6Z. I have a friend that did the same thing
Old 02-13-2021, 03:45 PM   #194
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I will be trying out the Hotchkis front bar and BMR rear when it warms up using G3R tires.
Me too.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #195
carguy55

Ran the Hotchkis front and BMR rear with the G3R tires. Worked great keeping body roll in check and maybe helping outer edge tire wear, but don't think helped lap times on the bumping Houston track. Ran with a stock 1LE in TT3 and we were within 0.1 lap times. Looking forward to trying on smoother tracks. Both 1LEs were faster than my friends C7 GS.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #196
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
After having the BMR front bar on my SS 1LE for a long time on the softest setting and no problems with the bushings, I decided to try out the medium setting for autocross use. Somewhere in the middle of my second event on that setting, one bushing blew out just like the others in this thread. So the different setting clearly makes the difference between staying intact and failing. That is not surprising.

I recently acquired the Hotchkis front bar as well. I still really want to keep the BMR on the car if possible, in order to run a near-stock front roll stiffness when I want. But the Hotchkis comes with a different style of bushing and a gusseted steel bracket. The Hotchkis bushing is almost the same overall width as the BMR bushing, so I'm trying the Hotchkis bushing/bracket on the BMR bar. We'll see how that goes. One would think the Hotchkis bushing/bracket is up to the task, since the softest setting on their front bar is about the same as the middle setting on the BMR bar.

PS - The BMR bushing comes with "5354" engraved in its side, but it crosses to the Energy Suspension 9.5172 bushing kit (the only way I know to buy it). The Hotchkis bushing comes with "5637 engraved on it, but I can't find what bushing/bracket that comes in. Where can replacement bushings for the Hotchkis bar be found? Also, if someone could find that bushing and bracket in a reasonably priced kit, that might be a good fix for the BMR issue.