Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #15
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Root is not required, and everything else in android auto still works fine just like stock. It won't work with an iPhone but you can pick up an old cheap android phone and use that. Once you have it set up, you plug your phone in like usual, and you will see a new app called obd2aa; you click it, and it will load the gauges. Here is the link below for the tutorial and info. Use OPTION 1 installation method; I had issues with option 2. You can also upload custom images for a back round and adjust gauge colors and gauge skins. So far i am loving it , boost seems to be reading accurate about 7lbs. Which is about right for the stock whipple pulley

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...orque-t3657805
Full paint correction with cquartz finest ceramic coating
Whipple 2.9
ARH Long tube headers with High flow cats
1le sway bars F&R
BMR Upper and lower trailing arms
Hurst short throw shifter
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #16
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
Been using this for a while. The connection seems buggy.

Here's a guide.
http://www.tampabaycamaros.com/real-...r-android-auto
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
how do you change stuff to psi and fahrenheit
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #18
sal11585

You do it in the torque pro app, in settings, there is a section called units. So far, it's not buggy at all for me using the option one install method in the link I posted. With option two I had bugs for sure
Whipple 2.9
1le sway bars F&R

Last edited by sal11585; 10-24-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #19
sal11585

Use the link for installing I posted, the one custommx posted is an older method, I think. Custommx try reinstalling with the link i posted before, it will probably fix your connection issues. And I'm using obd2aa 3.6 beta. Also, cheap Bluetooth OBD2 adapters can sometimes cause problems, and I use the OBD Link MX+.
Whipple 2.9
1le sway bars F&R

Last edited by sal11585; 10-24-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #20
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
I'm not using the exact instructions as it no longer needs to be patched, but I would find sometimes it wouldnt launch AA or OBD2AA. Tried different cables, tried using the beta too. Always on the latest software and I'm using an S9. Ive had the same issue on the last 2 phones as well.

Was just too quirky. I may give it another go at some point.
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is pretty sweet. I used to use Torque for my 5th gen a lot. It was pretty cool. I haven't really used it for my 6th gen.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 PM   #22
sal11585

Quote:
Originally Posted by custommx3 View Post
I'm not using the exact instructions as it no longer needs to be patched, but I would find sometimes it wouldnt launch AA or OBD2AA. Tried different cables, tried using the beta too. Always on the latest software and I'm using an S9. Ive had the same issue on the last 2 phones as well.

Was just too quirky. I may give it another go at some point.

Def give it another go, I say uninstall everything and start fresh. Follow the link on xda. The way I had it first installed I had the same issues as you, I almost gave up on it. Until I tried option one install method on xda, so far it connects every time no problems.
Whipple 2.9
1le sway bars F&R
Old 10-25-2019, 06:17 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Love it!!
Old 10-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #24
2SSAustin

Drives: 1LE 2SS Camaro
Link to OBD2AA & instructions straight from the website.

https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...ni.emil.obd2aa

The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.

- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
- Multiple reports of not working on Samsung devices!!!

Instructions on how to use:
1) Install

2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.

3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)

4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)

5) Close Android Auto

6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again

7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA

8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.

Footnotes:
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
2SSAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #25
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I followed the instructions on XDA. Then had to reboot the phone before OBD2AA would pick up the signal from torque.

It takes 5-10 seconds for the gauges to start getting data.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #26
sal11585

Everything has still been working great using the installation method I said to use on xda. The only thing I noticed is do not plug your phone in until the mylink system completely loads. If I plug it in before it loads up entirely, sometimes it glitches and wouldn't connect. Other than that its been working flawlessly.

How to purchase:
Install XDA Labs on your phone.
Open and install OBD2AA

Instructions on how to get it running:

Option 1 - Will work on any phone & car/headunit combination, however the following features won't: - AutoPlay Music, 6 Tap limit remover, DPI change
After installing the app from XDA Labs, sign up for beta testing here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ni.emil.obd2aa and update the app
Once app is updated, make sure you disable auto-update in PlayStore then please uninstall it and reinstall it from XDA Labs.
With your screen unlocked, plug in the phone to the car, when prompted which app to use make sure you select "Android Auto"
Whipple 2.9
1le sway bars F&R
Old 11-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Not sure if cause or coincidence, but after setting this all up Waze no longer uses high-accuracy location (i.e. GPS) when displayed in on AA Mylink screen. Reinstalled it and AA to no avail. OBD2AA may have stepped on a setting or something. Might have to wipe the phone.

User error no doubt while I was fiddling with settings to get it working.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #28
sal11585

Just answering a old question I saw, yes music still plays and streams fine. Along with all other android apps.
Whipple 2.9
1le sway bars F&R