Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #29
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
That sucks for sure. And i'd be pissed too. But personally I would just take it to a muffler shop, and have them modify it to fit. Im too impatient to send it back or spend weeks with SW trying to get it corrected. Its all just bent metal. Your average muffler shop probably wont charge more than $100 to modify the pipe in question so you can get it to work. I'd just live with it as long as I could modify it fairly easily to fit. If it was so off like it was made for a different vehicle, thats a different story. Then I would just return it. Good luck.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #30
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
So again, if SW stepped up the the plate and just replaced the part that seemed to be cut or bent wrong, then this would be an entirely different narrative.

But they didn't!

Now that will be their problem. Not mine.

As I said before... If they refused to replace a defective part after all the detail I have given them, then how would they handle a true warranty issue when a customer system rusts or an AFM valve stops working or an NPP valve stops working or a muffler seam or weld comes apart???

Wanna take a guess??

Because one of their solutions was for me to drive from NJ to Ohio on my dime for them to look at the exhaust...

Good luck.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #31
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
That sucks for sure. And i'd be pissed too. But personally I would just take it to a muffler shop, and have them modify it to fit. Im too impatient to send it back or spend weeks with SW trying to get it corrected. Its all just bent metal. Your average muffler shop probably wont charge more than $100 to modify the pipe in question so you can get it to work. I'd just live with it as long as I could modify it fairly easily to fit. If it was so off like it was made for a different vehicle, thats a different story. Then I would just return it. Good luck.
I totally get that man and in the end that's my only option now.

But it should have been resolved by them!!

Guess what else??

The moment an exhaust shop takes a cutter, welder or any other tool to this thing my warranty is done.

But based off my experience that does not seem to exist with their company anyway so no real loss
Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #32
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
I totally get that man and in the end that's my only option now.

But it should have been resolved by them!!

Guess what else??

The moment an exhaust shop takes a cutter, welder or any other tool to this thing my warranty is done.

But based off my experience that does not seem to exist with their company anyway so no real loss
Yeah at this point you know there is basically no warranty anyway. So why not just get it installed however it needs to be installed, to fit correctly. I usually do the bolt on exhausts myself, then take the car to a shop to get it tacked up at all the joints. That way I know it will stay put and not move and throw the tips out or start rattling down the road. Then its easy to sting the tacs off and remove it if I have too.

Sorry you went through this though. I thought SW was a great american company for the enthusiast. Like AM or TSP. I guess not. They will not be getting any of my business going forward. That I can promise you.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #33
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Yeah at this point you know there is basically no warranty anyway. So why not just get it installed however it needs to be installed, to fit correctly. I usually do the bolt on exhausts myself, then take the car to a shop to get it tacked up at all the joints. That way I know it will stay put and not move and throw the tips out or start rattling down the road. Then its easy to sting the tacs off and remove it if I have too.

Sorry you went through this though. I thought SW was a great american company for the enthusiast. Like AM or TSP. I guess not. They will not be getting any of my business going forward. That I can promise you.
Yup all options exhausted now.... No pun intended..

Need an exhaust shop to cut and maybe bend the intermidiate pipe.

Sad thing is it's only about 1 inch or so... All this over a simple mis cut or incorrect bend.

Scary when a real issue comes up with their product with another customer
Old 04-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #34
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
If payed by CC, i would have filed a dispute on the charge. Sometimes it takes that for a non responsive company to step up or lose the money.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #35
Yellow BB

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, you state may had a Consumer Protection Division of their Attorney Generals Office - file a complaint with them also and put your credit card charges in dispute for receiving incorrect parts. After reading this entire thread, I have one question; why didn’t your retailer just send you another system? Some on here say their systems fit great. Clearly, something is wrong on yours. Just having the retailer call the manufacturer is really lame. Most retailers I deal with take stuff back, send you another & then they deal with the manufacturer themselves. That seems to be missing here.
Yellow BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #36
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow BB View Post
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, you state may had a Consumer Protection Division of their Attorney Generals Office - file a complaint with them also and put your credit card charges in dispute for receiving incorrect parts. After reading this entire thread, I have one question; why didn’t your retailer just send you another system? Some on here say their systems fit great. Clearly, something is wrong on yours. Just having the retailer call the manufacturer is really lame. Most retailers I deal with take stuff back, send you another & then they deal with the manufacturer themselves. That seems to be missing here.
I boight the system and had it in the garage for several weeks before I could even get a chance to install it. I work more hours than I care to admit so time was a real issue for me.

When I finally had a chance to install it, I was past the exchange and return period with the vendor.

So I reached out to SW directly because in the end it should have been handled as a defect or warranty issue. And I figured going right to the manufacturer would expedite the process.

So after going back and forth with SW for weeks and going nowhere I reached out to the reseller and asked doe their help.

I didn't ask them to call SW, I figured they would have a connection to help resolve. Apparently SW treated them extremely poorly and they were even shocked at how they were spoken to by SW.

SW would not help them either so how am I supposed to force that??
Old 04-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #37
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Based on your review / treatment you received, I’LL NEVER TAKE A CHANCE AND BUY A STAINLESS WORKS EXHAUST.

Feel free to send stainless works a nice screen shot.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #38
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Based on your review / treatment you received, I’LL NEVER TAKE A CHANCE AND BUY A STAINLESS WORKS EXHAUST.

Feel free to send stainless works a nice screen shot.
When I get home I will send you the back and forth email with them.. You will not believe it
Old 04-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #39
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
500 dollar mrt cat back fits fine.

It isn't about how much you spend. Some companies just phone it in.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #40
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
The manufacturer has asked me to take a video to show them the exhaust which would show nothing and they asked me to take measurements of each part and compare them to photos of each part next to a measuring tape they sent me. The only problem is none of the photos are clear enough to show the length.
Did you ever do what the manufacturer told you to do or did you simply tell them you weren't going to do it and that it wouldn't show anything?
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #41
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
Did you ever do what the manufacturer told you to do or did you simply tell them you weren't going to do it and that it wouldn't show anything?
They asked me to take a video of the installed exhaust. The reason I did not do that is because I tried it and me laying on my back under the car recording myself crawling around showed nothing. And to be honest is almost impossible with a car on jack stands.

Then they asked me to take measurements of each piece and compare the length to pictures they sent me of each piece next to a tape measure. The problem is the pics they wanted me to use to confirm the length of each piece didn't clearly show the length because it was a picture from 6ft off the floor with a tape measure next to the piece.

When I told them that and asked them to just send me the length of each part I got nothing from them.

I should not have to beg and pull teeth for this. They create the system and fabricate the parts and they don't even know the dimensions of the parts???

So in your opinion what should I have done here????
Old 04-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #42
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
They asked me to take a video of the installed exhaust. The reason I did not do that is because I tried it and me laying on my back under the car recording myself crawling around showed nothing. And to be honest is almost impossible with a car on jack stands.

Then they asked me to take measurements of each piece and compare the length to pictures they sent me of each piece next to a tape measure. The problem is the pics they wanted me to use to confirm the length of each piece didn't clearly show the length because it was a picture from 6ft off the floor with a tape measure next to the piece.

When I told them that and asked them to just send me the length of each part I got nothing from them.

I should not have to beg and pull teeth for this. They create the system and fabricate the parts and they don't even know the dimensions of the parts???

So in your opinion what should I have done here????
Arguably, the car should have been on a lift for the install. If so, doing what they asked you to do would be quite reasonable and relatively easy.

By not doing what they asked of you, I could see them not being helpful after that point. Assuming they're not getting complaints from anyone else, the problem is likely unique to you whether you're messing something up or they gave you a bad pipe.

Since it's probably a unique problem, then it's incumbent on you to show them what went wrong in a way that satisfies their need for information (Is this guy just dumb or did we screw up a part?).

If SW was so bad, these forums would be crawling with complaints rather than having just one guy complain.

Were I you, I'd get the car on a lift and give them what they want. I'd say, sorry, should have done this at first, but here's the info you wanted.

If the screw up is on your part, they'll politely tell you.

If it's on their part, they'll get you the right part and likely pay for a professional install to make up for your frustration if you ask politely.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote