Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Zen AVB-GM mute issue

So I noticed a strange issue today with my system. When I muted the HU, it did not mute anything. I went through a firmware upgrade on the Zen with the fantastic help of Tony from NavTV support and now I can mute the USB, CarPlay and Bluetooth, but the radio does not mute...

Wondering if anyone running the AVB-GM (2019+ Camaro with Bose) has experienced this...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:46 AM   #2
chevcanada

Drives: chevy Camaro
Any update on this issue? and or the optical situation?
chevcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:37 AM   #3
SWRocket

Haven't heard back yet. I'll get on the chat with them this week
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
Old 02-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
SWRocket

SO chatted with Tony and there is no update regarding the mute, BUT...they are building a V2 on a brand new chipset. The microchip shortage is affecting their ability to produce right now.
I'll post back when I here back from them regarding cost and process for upgrade.
Audio System Build Log
Old 02-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #5
chevcanada

Well that's good to hear I hope this corrects some of the issues they were having. Not fun spending 10k on a system to not even have it play music
Old 02-19-2021, 06:52 AM   #6
SWRocket

I agree. I've been using only the RCA outputs from the Zen and haven't had any audio issues with it...but it would sure be nice to be able to use the optical.
Audio System Build Log
Old 02-23-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
SO chatted with Tony and there is no update regarding the mute, BUT...they are building a V2 on a brand new chipset. The microchip shortage is affecting their ability to produce right now.
I'll post back when I here back from them regarding cost and process for upgrade.
This is good to hear (not the chip shortage but that they're building a newer version)

I've been holding out buying mine with some of the muting issues I've read about so hopefully all that is ironed out once they get this version in production. Perhaps the price may come down a hair too? I know, that's wishful thinking.

We need just one other vendor to make a compatible processor for IOS/IOT systems to bring the price down on this.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:14 PM   #8
SWRocket

I agree. I'm hoping PAC or Axxess will make something for our systems...
Audio System Build Log
Old 03-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #9
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Sad. My car has been in storage since October. I was hoping good news when it comes out. Seems like more excuses from navtv.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 PM   #10
chevcanada

Any guesses or insight on how long before the new version will become available?