Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2023, 07:23 PM   #15
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Ok, to be more clear, they intervene well below the limit of the car, as soon as I start to get aggressive with it. I'm talking like 15 to 20 seconds slower than my PB lap times.

I also have the SS model, non 1le. When it decides it's unhappy, it gets very aggressive with it's corrections, and the car is a long way away from losing control. I have no desire to go back to stock wheels though, I love how it handles. I lost some time when I switched and had to slow down with no helpers, but the slow down was temporary and has helped me become a better driver.

And is your square setup 18", 19", or 20"?

That is a crazy difference in PB to when the nannies get out of whack. I am only about 4-5 seconds off the pro times at the tracks I am running (given same car setup), and am faster than some of the instructors in similar cars, and the nannies are just making "minor" corrections. I am a bit concerned moving to the 18" wheels are going to throw all that out.

As you said however, maybe I just need to slow down a bit and learn the edges under my own power. I know I'd be a bit faster without the nannies, but I love the safety net. My car is also my daily driver, so I can't afford to crack it up even with the track day insurance.

Oh well. I went and pulled the trigger on 18" Forgeline rims this weekend anyway and will pair them with Toyo RRs and see what happens this season.

I appreciate ALL your feedback and info. Love this forum.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:44 PM   #16
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Mine are the 18's, 315/30, nankang AR1's. I definitely am still in the learning phase of tracking, but I don't think I'm slow.

I do have adjustable sway bars and two way coilovers, helps a lot to balance the car, understeer vs oversteer.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote