Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-15-2022, 08:05 PM   #15
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh6 View Post
Not exhaustive, but a few more things. 1) Everything out of the trunk including panels; 2) both sway bars (15 lb ea) just for track; 3) ditto on Anti-gravity battery; 3) drain the windshield washer tank; 4) Aluminum (and plastic) belly pan under engine. 5) Lightest wheels/tires you can find (for me was Bogart 14 lb. front, 21 lb. rear and Hoosier DBR 8 lbs each lighter than M/T. 3320 lbs. no driver, 1/8 tank fuel. 1SS
Hey Yosh6, how does the car hook with out the rear sway? better, worse, no change?? I may have talked to you about this already? are you the guy that lowered the rear of the car with different spring like a inch??
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:24 AM   #16
Yosh6

Drives: 2024 Toyota Camry XSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Hey Yosh6, how does the car hook with out the rear sway? better, worse, no change?? I may have talked to you about this already? are you the guy that lowered the rear of the car with different spring like a inch??
lt4camaro, yes lowered the rear 1" with BMR springs. Can't offer a definitive answer to your question because the rear sway bar came off the same time as other changes. Never isolated that one thing. Best guess is it didn't hurt. 2021 goal was to improve the 60' and went from 1.5's to 1.462. For a bolt-on N/A car, that's not too bad.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #17
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh6 View Post
lt4camaro, yes lowered the rear 1" with BMR springs. Can't offer a definitive answer to your question because the rear sway bar came off the same time as other changes. Never isolated that one thing. Best guess is it didn't hurt. 2021 goal was to improve the 60' and went from 1.5's to 1.462. For a bolt-on N/A car, that's not too bad.
That is for sure, thanks Bud. I understand why removing the front bar allows or promotes front lift which encourages weight transfer. I also understand removing a rear sway bar may induce a little more squat but also may be less pushing the rear tires into the pavement?? I dont know, just rattling that shit around in my head.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:22 AM   #18
Duramacr1
2Spdsy

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 A10
Name:  8D14BB4D-C3C6-4328-AFAD-91217815C3AF.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  153.5 KB

2021 LT1 . No options . This was with a 1/4 tank and before I installed my aerospace front brakes which saved 50lbs. So I would guess 3230 with brakes .
I still have the stock drivers seat and muffler . Just your standard weight reduction . Pass seat, rear seats, belly pan, front sway bar, lightweight battery, dragpak, washer fluid reservoir , rear trunk mat only, front bumper support ,
Headers and no cats also lose some weight . Car is an A10 so I would think a manual could be even lighter if it had the same stuff off the car ..
Duramacr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:11 AM   #19
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramacr1 View Post
Attachment 1106274

2021 LT1 . No options . This was with a 1/4 tank and before I installed my aerospace front brakes which saved 50lbs. So I would guess 3230 with brakes .
I still have the stock drivers seat and muffler . Just your standard weight reduction . Pass seat, rear seats, belly pan, front sway bar, lightweight battery, dragpak, washer fluid reservoir , rear trunk mat only, front bumper support ,
Headers and no cats also lose some weight . Car is an A10 so I would think a manual could be even lighter if it had the same stuff off the car ..
Nice work, a great weight and u can still do more. The light weight brakes are nice, what was the total price you figure for the swap?

If I do sway bars gone and light weight brakes that will put in the 3200’ with all the rest of advice on thread.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:44 PM   #20
Duramacr1
2Spdsy

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 A10
Blackbeast, 1200 for the front brakes . Just order the kit
Duramacr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:27 AM   #21
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Racing brakes or V6 brakes
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:19 PM   #22
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Seats are officially in now, used planted seat brackets to anchor them down. I had purchased a couple of seat sliders but couldn’t use them due to the height of the seats and no clearance up top. Got some nice hardware super grade bolts and snugged them down German style. These seats are not moving or going anywhere.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #23
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
I like this post
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #24
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I'm currently at 3725 w/ 2 gal. and could easily get below 3700
JHS, if you haven't installed your Edelbrock 2650 yet, you should weigh it and see how it compares to the your LT4 blower.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #25
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
I have a lot of experience with the Anti-Gravity and other brands of Lithium batteries in MOTORCYCLES.

I have used them in at least 6 different motorcycle projects over the past few years, and they work fine, provided you understand how they work:

- VERY high starting current capacity, BUT it deceases when the battery gets very cold. You should actually turn ion the headlights for a minute before cranking when the battery is cold, as that warms it sufficiently.

- Don't get the very smallest capacity. Get one that is MODERATE. You STILL save at least 50% of the weight or more over a conventional battery.

- To counter parasitic drain, keep the battery on a SMART, LITHIUM-rated battery charger.

- Inabsence of any parastic drain, Lithium batteries will stay charged for many months even without a charger attached.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:53 PM   #26
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
I have a lot of experience with the Anti-Gravity and other brands of Lithium batteries in MOTORCYCLES.

I have used them in at least 6 different motorcycle projects over the past few years, and they work fine, provided you understand how they work:

- VERY high starting current capacity, BUT it deceases when the battery gets very cold. You should actually turn ion the headlights for a minute before cranking when the battery is cold, as that warms it sufficiently.

- Don't get the very smallest capacity. Get one that is MODERATE. You STILL save at least 50% of the weight or more over a conventional battery.

- To counter parasitic drain, keep the battery on a SMART, LITHIUM-rated battery charger.

- Inabsence of any parastic drain, Lithium batteries will stay charged for many months even without a charger attached.

Jim G
I have an Antigravity battery and agree with Jim’s post. I went mid size at 40AH and probably would go for the 60AH if I had to do it again. I’m glad I didn’t go smaller. If the car sits for a week or so without the charger the battery rundown protection will kick in, so I pretty much always leave it on the charger. That said, I was stunned at how much lighter this battery is vs the OEM one.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:18 PM   #27
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I have an Antigravity battery and agree with Jim’s post. I went mid size at 40AH and probably would go for the 60AH if I had to do it again. I’m glad I didn’t go smaller. If the car sits for a week or so without the charger the battery rundown protection will kick in, so I pretty much always leave it on the charger. That said, I was stunned at how much lighter this battery is vs the OEM one.
Joshinator: Do you happen to have the OEM battery's:
- Brand?
- Model no. or part no.?
- Weight?

And, how hard is it to get a Battery tender type wiring harness attached to it so that a charger can be easily plugged into it when it is in the garage? Is it reasonably accessible?

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #28
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Joshinator: Do you happen to have the OEM battery's:
- Brand?
- Model no. or part no.?
- Weight?

And, how hard is it to get a Battery tender type wiring harness attached to it so that a charger can be easily plugged into it when it is in the garage? Is it reasonably accessible?

Jim G
Jim

Pics attached. It was a solid 30 lbs heavier than the Antigravity one (17 vs 47 IIRC). I just wired up my charger to grab the large hot wire feed at the front power distribution block. When I’m done I just unplug the quick disconnect and tuck it back in by the block. Been doing it for 4 years with no issues even though it’s not right at the battery.
Attached Images