#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2023, 08:12 AM   #29
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Rich people do Rich people things. Say it is MSRP then pay over when it arrives. Hell dealers are doing it now, look at some of the "I ordered" threads and see when the vehicle arrive they say "well"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Didn't FCA try something similar, before the Stellantis acquirement, but the Dodge dealers started selling what was essentially an "entry ticket" to have the chance to buy the vehicles at "MSRP"?

This meant that the cars were indeed sold at, or even below, MSRP but the customers were in effect still paying AMV markups, as a separate item that was not technically attached to the vehicle purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
Trust me when I say this: "They know they wont stop the mark ups...period"

Every dealer in my area is having bidding wars or 100K over MSRP....and the owners are keeping at least one.

If someone knows who is selling at MSRP give me a shout out!! LOL
I didn't say it would work lol, just said they are going to at least make an attempt.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:24 AM   #30
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I’d rather buy a copo . Gotta give it to dodge tho - they sure take the initiative .helluva send off
Copo isn't street legal though. You basically have a car you have to trailer everywhere with nowhere to drive it other than a drag strip. Plus, it's about $30k-$50k more.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #31
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I didn't say it would work lol, just said they are going to at least make an attempt.
For this type of edition, why couldn't they cherry-pick one dedicated dealer to be a 'home office' for selling at msrp?

If they had really wanted to help keep the collector price pumping down, they should have left out the trim appearance changes. Made it as much a sleeper as possible.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 01:14 PM   #32
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
For this type of edition, why couldn't they cherry-pick one dedicated dealer to be a 'home office' for selling at msrp?

If they had really wanted to help keep the collector price pumping down, they should have left out the trim appearance changes. Made it as much a sleeper as possible.

I imagine that having a single dealer handle the whole country's orders would be incredibly taxing, literally and figuratively, and complicated. Plus the logistics of shipping/delivering would be crazy.

As for keeping it "low key" I imagine that the purchasing public would just complain about that endlessly. People love "showing off" and egos get involved a lot of the time. So that wouldn't fly.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:40 PM   #33
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The only way they are going to stop it is direct selling. But then the general public will just start flipping them.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:07 PM   #34
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
I owned two Chargers 392. Nice big interior, comfortable. But widebody drives like crap. It pulls left and right, sometimes terrifying. You are buying cool car, not a good car. Without their marketing these would be only big whale with nobody dying for them.
What's more amazing to me is that the helicopter was able to lift that barge off the ground.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 03-22-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:10 PM   #35
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I’d rather buy a copo . Gotta give it to dodge tho - they sure take the initiative .helluva send off
I agree 👍
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:24 PM   #36
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post

Because of their dealer agreements. By law, they can't do that or they could be violating the dealer agreements. They would be sued so fast by all of the other dealers, especially the other Power Broker dealers.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:36 AM   #37
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Common sense knows it's not really a $100k car. Just how many Power Broker dealers are there? Typing one and home office, was just me having Wahoo Nebraska from Letterman on the brain. Must be the ethanol thing.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote