Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 10-28-2022, 05:35 PM   #15
LouG1968

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
FJ5GTX….. What did you come up with? I just bought a 23 LT1 and the front caliper is huge with the torx screws and the rotors are bigger as well. I’d like to get some new pads and some drilled/slotted rotors but have no clue on what to do.
LouG1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #16
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouG1968 View Post
FJ5GTX….. What did you come up with? I just bought a 23 LT1 and the front caliper is huge with the torx screws and the rotors are bigger as well. I’d like to get some new pads and some drilled/slotted rotors but have no clue on what to do.
After getting delayed so much, I noticed that after 1000 miles the OE pads didn't seem to dust so much. I have the pads (Power Stop Z26-8009, Z26) on hand, but haven't installed them yet. So I cannot say 100% they fit, but they look right.

Here is a video of the z51.

fj5gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 03:21 PM   #17
LouG1968

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
I bought the same Z26-8009 pads as you. Have you tried fitment? I haven’t gotten the chance to try mine. What’s your word on them? Thanks

Last edited by LouG1968; 03-06-2023 at 02:55 PM.
LouG1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:23 AM   #18
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Has anyone attempted LT 1LE pads? From my research, LT1 only lists 12.6” rotor diameter which is the same size as the LT 1LE. Though the stock SS rotors are 13.6” so they get a slightly bigger caliper and therefore bigger pads.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614204

I only know of the 6-Piston Brembo’s getting the copper free variants with much larger calipers and rotors but I believe them to be applicable to SS and higher trims only.

Edit: here’s two photos from before I installed my LT 1LE Brembo’s, they seem to match the pink pads in OP’s first post
Attached Images

Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:49 PM   #19
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Has anyone attempted LT 1LE pads? From my research, LT1 only lists 12.6” rotor diameter which is the same size as the LT 1LE. Though the stock SS rotors are 13.6” so they get a slightly bigger caliper and therefore bigger pads.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614204

I only know of the 6-Piston Brembo’s getting the copper free variants with much larger calipers and rotors but I believe them to be applicable to SS and higher trims only.

Edit: here’s two photos from before I installed my LT 1LE Brembo’s, they seem to match the pink pads in OP’s first post
To me, those look like rears, not fronts... Also, I think those may have been painted as the bleed valves and pistons are totally painted over, which shouldn't be the case and the factory ones say "Camaro" and not just "Brembo"...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 05:06 AM   #20
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
To me, those look like rears, not fronts... Also, I think those may have been painted as the bleed valves and pistons are totally painted over, which shouldn't be the case and the factory ones say "Camaro" and not just "Brembo"...
While the SS rear Brembo’s are 13.3”, mine fit my 12.6” front rotor perfectly.

I believe the LT1 shares the same braking system as the previous model years LT 1LE having 12.6” rotors with 4 piston Brembo’s on the front and 12.4” rotors with the single piston e brake caliper on the rear.

Old 09-12-2023, 11:17 PM   #21
dondaddy

Drives: Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Trying to get a set of track pads for my 22 Lt1 camaro and it seems I can't find the right set of pads for the car. Here, these brembos are physically bigger and don't have the removable pins for quick changing pads. Bought a set of ebc yellow pads from phastek for a 16-21SS non 1le camaro and the pads are physically different and don't line up. Anyone know what pads these Lt1 cars take?

https://imgur.com/a/h9QsjBx
For anyone the has an LT1 with the front brembos with screws, not pins, the pads are the same as the c8 corvette with z51 package. When looking for pads go based off the Corvette to ensure you get the correct ones.

If you look at both they use the same exact Brembo 4-piston monobloc caliper.

Hope this helps!
dondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:28 PM   #22
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondaddy View Post
For anyone the has an LT1 with the front brembos with screws, not pins, the pads are the same as the c8 corvette with z51 package. When looking for pads go based off the Corvette to ensure you get the correct ones.

Hope this helps!
Good info! I want to expand my rotor/caliper chart to include sizes from the Cadillacs and Vette’s in the future and this will be a great start

Old 09-18-2023, 10:48 PM   #23
FJ4dan

Drives: 2019 1LT V6
Installed the Z51 Camaro Brembros on a 2019 v6

They are off a 2020 CA LT1 with brembro option.

345 rotors. EBC Brakes USR7734 USR Sport Slotted Coated Disc Brake Rotors
Power stop z26 8009 pads fit.

Every auto store on and offline think they take the smaller pads, no CA option in the parts catalogs.

I got sent the same smaller pads when I ordered for a 2019 SS thinking all camaro 4 pots were the same.
As the noted in the first post photo the pads are bigger to compensate the added braking need for cooper free pads in CA. Swap out the pads and presto more braking power.

With two torx bits the pads pop out the front in a flash.
They look just like the ones in the Z51 video in this thread but mine are dark gray.

It was a pain bleeding the brakes. Removing the lines I should have stuck a plug in the brake line so the master didn't get air in it. took a few rounds of bleeding to get all the air out. Thanks to the wife! Hoping her left leg will recover soon.

Love them. Huge upgrade.
Attached Images

Last edited by FJ4dan; 09-22-2023 at 04:52 PM. Reason: add photos
FJ4dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 01:00 PM   #24
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ4dan View Post

Every auto store on and offline think they take the smaller pads, no CA option in the parts catalogs.

I got sent the same smaller pads when I ordered for a 2019 SS thinking all camaro 4 pots were the same.
As the noted in the first post photo the pads are bigger to compensate the added braking need for cooper free pads in CA. Swap out the pads and presto more braking power.

They look just like the ones in the Z51 video in this thread but mine are dark gray.

It was a pain bleeding the brakes. Removing the lines I should have stuck a plug in the brake line so the master didn't get air in it. took a few rounds of bleeding to get all the air out. Thanks to the wife! Hoping her left leg will recover soon.

Love them. Huge upgrade.

Good to know the z26 8009 pads fit, thank you for updating the thread. I've never pulled the brake line on a rotor/pad change, why did you do that?
Old 10-04-2023, 11:25 PM   #25
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondaddy View Post

Hope this helps!
Facts, did this myself. C8 pads are exactly the same as LT1 pads.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 06:44 PM   #26
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ4dan View Post

Love them. Huge upgrade.
Interesting, you’re saying the OEM rotor size off your LT1 was 345? I notice that your calipers have the torx bits and if you look at my earlier post a few above yours, my LT 1LE calipers did not have torx bits.

This is muddling my head, if GM used the SS (J6G) front calipers but used the LT (J55) rear calipers why didn’t they change the RPO?

Old 10-15-2023, 11:54 PM   #27
FJ4dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
Good to know the z26 8009 pads fit, thank you for updating the thread. I've never pulled the brake line on a rotor/pad change, why did you do that?
I was upgrading the brake calipers and rotors not just changing pads
Old 10-15-2023, 11:58 PM   #28
FJ4dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Interesting, you’re saying the OEM rotor size off your LT1 was 345? I notice that your calipers have the torx bits and if you look at my earlier post a few above yours, my LT 1LE calipers did not have torx bits.

This is muddling my head, if GM used the SS (J6G) front calipers but used the LT (J55) rear calipers why didn’t they change the RPO?
All I can comment on is the torx bit delta. CA had a requirement to not use copper in brake pads so the ability to dissipate heat was reduced. In order to maintain the same level of braking they used the C8 Z51 rotors and pads that didn't have copper but were larger to offset the shortcomings of non-copper brakes. With a car from TX guessing not an issue there so standard ss brakes.