Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
Foggy/Cloudy rear view camera mirror

Has anyone had any issues with this? I have wiped it clean with a rag. The only thing I can think that caused this is moisture from rinsing it off with a pressure washer a week ago. It’s under warranty but I would rather not take it to the dealer, if I don’t have to. I thought about trying a hair dryer on it, but I think the sun would have already dried it out by now, if that is the issue.

Any help is appreciated.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:44 PM   #2
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
I guess you could let it sit outside in direct sunlight for a day and see if that clears it up. Me? I'd make a trip to dealer. If it has a bad seal, it won't fix itself.
Old 02-21-2023, 10:53 AM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Me? I'd make a trip to dealer. If it has a bad seal, it won't fix itself.
I agree.
And don't mention the pressure washing!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 08:01 PM   #4
fattyz28

I guess I’ll take it in. The crazy thing about the pressure washer is the fact mine is pretty weak. The ones at the car wash spray way harder than mine.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:51 PM   #5
Matt1LE

Drives: 2020 3LT Camaro 3.6L 1LE
I don't know if you fixed this yet or not, but I just had the same issue here with all the rain and super high winds we had.

I was able to fix it using the "old' rice cell phone baggy trick."

Before I took it into the dealer i tried this...

- I cleaned off dirt on the roof around the fin, and the fin. I did this so i would not risk scratching the roof.

- I took a sandwich baggie of dry rice and put next to the fin. Open of course.

- I took a second bag that was gallon size and put it over the fin and the bag of rice. I then used painters tape (easy to remove) to tape down the gallon baggie. I really taped it down so no air can get in or out.

- I then covered the bagged fin with a small box and taped it down so it would fall off. I did this to keep out any small hungry critters. Also, it's fun to "F" with the neighbors who are now trying to figure out why you tapped a clothes iron box to the roof of your car.

- I waited 24 hours, then removed it. The first 1 minute of use, it was still a little foggy. Then over the next few minutes it cleared up. Now its clear, no fog.

I figured it was worth the try before taking it into the dealer and paying for them to fix it.
Matt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 07:28 PM   #6
fattyz28

Funny you mentioned this. It actually cleared up on its own about a week after posting this. It has been fine since…until today. Drove to work and it was fine. When I went to leave work it was foggy and cloudy. Switched it to the mirror and checked it about halfway home and it wouldn’t work at all. I got the blue screen. I’m taking to the dealership in a couple weeks for the oil change and I will have the dealership look at it. Luckily I bought it certified, so it’s on them.
Old 03-26-2023, 04:23 AM   #7
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
In this case, definitely better to have the dealer potentially replace the fin. If it fits once than it’ll do it again just a matter of time
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote