Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-14-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Poor Camaro

One only need get on the net or read numerous magazines to find out, all you will read and see are Mustangs and Challengers. It is like the Camaro is already dead and there is nothing to read about. In a way I guess they are right, there is nothing new about the Camaro and that is sad. It seems the press has already buried the poor Camaro before GM has it discontinued. I almost wish GM would just do the right thing and put it out of it's misery. It would not change a damn thing for me as I would still love mine and plan on keeping it. You almost have to ask yourself, why would GM allow this to happen in the press? It will only make it harder to sell going forward, no matter when they discontinue it. I will continue to be sad but, only until I get behind the wheel again and then who gives a s*** I got mine.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Judging from GM's activity in the past year, year and a half, I guess they decided not to pursue this battle any further and just try to go with their flow of boring indistinguishable SUV's, trucks and me-too electrification.

While not unexpected, this was one of my reasons to get a 6th gen while I still could, it does make me sad... I hope I'm wrong and they are hiding some big bang news up their sleeves, but then again, we already have gems on our hands and I for one will keep enjoying it.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:04 AM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
One only need get on the net or read numerous magazines to find out, all you will read and see are Mustangs and Challengers. It is like the Camaro is already dead and there is nothing to read about. In a way I guess they are right, there is nothing new about the Camaro and that is sad. It seems the press has already buried the poor Camaro before GM has it discontinued. I almost wish GM would just do the right thing and put it out of it's misery. It would not change a damn thing for me as I would still love mine and plan on keeping it. You almost have to ask yourself, why would GM allow this to happen in the press? It will only make it harder to sell going forward, no matter when they discontinue it. I will continue to be sad but, only until I get behind the wheel again and then who gives a s*** I got mine.
It is sad.....I hope that they don’t axe this car. It’s GMs fault, shitty marketing and confusing pricing for the people that are not savy. I think it’s funny they are spending all their money on the trucks and SUVs, it’s only a matter of time when the gas prices start rising again.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:15 AM   #4
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
It is sad.....I hope that they don’t axe this car. It’s GMs fault, shitty marketing and confusing pricing for the people that are not savy. I think it’s funny they are spending all their money on the trucks and SUVs, it’s only a matter of time when the gas prices start rising again.
I love my truck too though. They just need to tone down production and proceed with the 7th gen and make it mid engine, jk.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
I really don't understand the hate for the Camaro. Every single time I have mine out, people are breaking their necks to get a look at her. The comments are ALWAYS positive, even from a few Mustang guys at gas stations while filling her up. I can't even tell you how many times I've received a thumbs up from complete strangers while driving down the road. IMO, the Camaro is the most unique looking car in this segment. They scream sexy all while saying I'll kick your ass.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #6
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I really don't understand the hate for the Camaro. Every single time I have mine out, people are breaking their necks to get a look at her. The comments are ALWAYS positive, even from a few Mustang guys at gas stations while filling her up. I can't even tell you how many times I've received a thumbs up from complete strangers while driving down the road. IMO, the Camaro is the most unique looking car in this segment. They scream sexy all while saying I'll kick your ass.
Agree. Complete strangers flag me down to tell me how good my car looks.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #7
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I get the same reactions from people. The problem is the first impression from potential buyers. A cavernous interior and low seating position.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Ehh, I don't know.

I mean sure the Camaro is losing in sales and what not, and yeah that sucks, along with the looming rumor of its demise in a few more years.

But it's difficult to complain about the Camaro not getting much press recently. There's nothing new. Challenger and Mustang have had some new stuff recently...Camaro has not. It's not like we didn't enjoy good 6th gen Camaro press for a long period there. Not GM's fault that Ford decided to release a ZL1 competitor 2 or 3 years later. At this point, I don't know what else they do for the 6th gen Camaro to keep the line fresh. Maybe a special drag pack Camaro SS? (something less than COPO) We've got everything else covered from your basic Camaro to top of the line fire breathing track killer.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #9
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I don't think we need to be all doom and gloom here. Listen I'm a huge fan of Camaro's and wish they would market the car better but we don't need to write it off just yet. The Corvette is moving into a different realm and there should still be an option for a sporty front engine RWD car that offers a manual. The Camaro needs to live on.
Dodge has squeezed more out of the Challenger/Charger platform than most would have imagined. I hope GM can do the same with the Alpha and when my kids start driving in 8 years I can pass on my 5th gen and upgrade.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #10
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Hello and welcome to BoomerChat, where we discuss the exact same topic week after week...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #11
19coupe

Drives: '21 LT1 SSM 10spd
What's next? The Blazer to NASCAR?
I watched a show where they are saying the Camaro body is tapped out for better aero. Mustang & Toy... Toyo... (I can't say it) are not.
19coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #12
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Judging from GM's activity in the past year, year and a half, I guess they decided not to pursue this battle any further and just try to go with their flow of boring indistinguishable SUV's, trucks and me-too electrification.

While not unexpected, this was one of my reasons to get a 6th gen while I still could, it does make me sad... I hope I'm wrong and they are hiding some big bang news up their sleeves, but then again, we already have gems on our hands and I for one will keep enjoying it.
Wow you said that right- the boring non distinguishable SUV's...they all look the same- super dull and so boring. Why they appeal to so many people I will never understand. If you need to seat that many people, just get a truck or Suburbabus of some sort. Anyway, not for me, I'll stick with my Camaro.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #13
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I get the same reactions from people. The problem is the first impression from potential buyers. A cavernous interior and low seating position.

I get that... to a point. If a more luxurious interior, better seating position, better visibility, etc. are desired, then one shouldn't be looking at this segment. It's a sports/muscle car not a family sedan. Expecting it to be more or something it is not isn't fair and doesn't make sense. I've driven lots of different vehicles in my time (51 years old), and I've loved all of them for different reasons. As with everything in life, there's always give and take.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #14
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
When they did the 2020 Refresh, they didn’t do anything to improve the car otherwise. When you refresh the car, add something that will draw attention to the car. That’s really their fault for even the 2019 Refresh, nothing was done performance wise to bring attention to the car. They have LT4 at their disposal, they have the new LT1 trim they could have taken a step further. They needed a second gen LT engine to improve performance and show something new. Kind of like how the LS1 evolved to the LS2, then LS3.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote