Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #15
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
Dodge has squeezed more out of the Challenger/Charger platform than most would have imagined.
Challenger = Family muscle car, a 2-door charger.
Supposed to get its own platform someday, but from what I read not happening until after 2021.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s a sign of the times Smokin 19! Glad I found and bought a 2017 ZL1 as I get a smile every time I get in the drivers seat and drive! There are a limited number of gear heads/ enthusiasts like us that like sports/muscle cars it seems now so GM is designing vehicles that can give profits and not have a low profit margin like the Camaro. I have folks saying positive comments about my ZL1 and the other night I scared the bejesus out of a person in a parking lot of a Publix walking behind the car when I started it. I heard him yell out and let the window down and he said I scared him bad but he was cool about it and said really nice car!
Old 11-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #17
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I really don't understand the hate for the Camaro. Every single time I have mine out, people are breaking their necks to get a look at her. The comments are ALWAYS positive, even from a few Mustang guys at gas stations while filling her up. I can't even tell you how many times I've received a thumbs up from complete strangers while driving down the road. IMO, the Camaro is the most unique looking car in this segment. They scream sexy all while saying I'll kick your ass.
Even though I live in a big city there aren't many ZL1's around. People are truly impressed when they see mine whether on the street or at a local car show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I get the same reactions from people. The problem is the first impression from potential buyers. A cavernous interior and low seating position.
The low seating position ins one of the reason I love the interior, makes me feel part of the car.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #18
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
One problem is manufacturers are producing automobiles for people who see them as utility objects to be used and replaced. We see them as boring colorless pitiful excuses for automobiles.

We are among a smaller group called auto enthusiasts or "car crazy" to use Barry Meguiar's term. We want colors interior and exterior, performance for value etc. The "traditional" concepts that have sold cars.

This is particularly evident with current high school students. In the past, with high school students your automobile was an extension of you and your personality and your social standing. Today the phone has taken the place of the automobile with most teens. Parents will buy phones much quicker today than automobiles for teens. Many teens today have no desire to drive. They rely on parents for transportation 100 percent.

So GM, produces bland, boring SUVs and CUVs for the mindless masses in hopes of profitability. This leaves "us" and the camaro on the outside looking in and wandering why more people don't want cars with some "personality".
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
I'm cool with it, I pass a dozen Mustangs and a dozen and a half challengers everyday. :-)

I like that my car isn't nearly as common, probably why it seems to get so much more attention.

My only issue with the popularity at all, is the likelihood that my next one might be the last one available.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #20
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
I'm cool with it, I pass a dozen Mustangs and a dozen and a half challengers everyday. :-)

I like that my car isn't nearly as common, probably why it seems to get so much more attention.

My only issue with the popularity at all, is the likelihood that my next one might be the last one available.
You beat me to this point. I like the fact that it is not as common. At the last Cars and Coffee i went to, i nearly got lost in the 5.0 section. LOL, it was huge. Meant to shout out to any locals on here about where the heck are they... ;-)

Anyhow, we love the car, guess that is all that matters. And we know the truth about performance. But you really have to admire Dodge IMO... they apparently understood better what most people want: a big number. I like to describe HP numbers as something for drunk guys in bars. We know that it doesn't take 717 (or whatever) hp to outrun a challenger/charger hellcat. But, most either don't know or don't care. I often encounter "novices" pointing out to me what other car has a larger HP number. Ahhh, ok, know what their 0-60 or quarter mile time is? or g's on the track? or 70-0 stopping? No, yeah, i thought so.

But whatever - to each their own... love my Camaro, poor visibility and all!

PS - although, i sometimes wish there were more, in the hopes it would lower the prices of after market mods. this is expensive, lol!
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10905 View Post
But you really have to admire Dodge IMO... they apparently understood better what most people want...
Holy smokes! Challenger is still milking a basic design that is over 10 years old. Kudos to them. This is going to be a case study in marketing courses.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #22
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Here is the answer GM is run by dumbasses.

How could you let the narrow window slits thru to production. The stupid belt line height that leaves you nowhere to place your left arm. A trunk that could be worth a damn, but there is that belt line making it a narrow slit again.

Those are all things normal people look for and it about a near pass as it can get if they feel any of those things.

We know once you get in the car and drive those issues literally melt away because the chassis is that good. The general public doesn't and never will.

Low seating position doesn't wreck sales, people not being able to see wrecks sales. The belt line does that wonderfully regardless of how well the car truly is.

Hell, if they were smart they could do a redesign changing only the belt line and making it have real windows and they would have a sure thing on their hands.....
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #23
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Holy smokes! Challenger is still milking a basic design that is over 10 years old. Kudos to them. This is going to be a case study in marketing courses.
LOL, right?! Albeit, it doesn't appear to be pulling their stock price out of the tank.
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #24
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Low seating position doesn't wreck sales, people not being able to see wrecks sales. The belt line does that wonderfully regardless of how well the car truly is.

Hell, if they were smart they could do a redesign changing only the belt line and making it have real windows and they would have a sure thing on their hands.....
I like the look of the car and have no problem driving it. Are you commenting based on personal experience or what you've read in every car mag?
That being said I'm sure the Camaro can be made more pratical while retaining it's sportiness. But this is not a minivan.
I think a number of people would like to pull the trigger and buy a muscle car but practicality usually wins out. We get thumbs up and positive comments from people that wish they had the balls to actually buy what they want. Not many other purchases will inspire strangers to compliment you.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #25
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Making the 2020 top ten least reliable cars list doesn’t help matters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/2578463001/

Just another reason why I dislike CR... I’d have no problem recommending a Camaro to a friend, or family member.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #26
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
One only need get on the net or read numerous magazines to find out, all you will read and see are Mustangs and Challengers. It is like the Camaro is already dead and there is nothing to read about. In a way I guess they are right, there is nothing new about the Camaro and that is sad. It seems the press has already buried the poor Camaro before GM has it discontinued. I almost wish GM would just do the right thing and put it out of it's misery. It would not change a damn thing for me as I would still love mine and plan on keeping it. You almost have to ask yourself, why would GM allow this to happen in the press? It will only make it harder to sell going forward, no matter when they discontinue it. I will continue to be sad but, only until I get behind the wheel again and then who gives a s*** I got mine.
If they kill it, I will never buy another GM vehicle. GM doesn't get it. You gotta advertise and promote your product. No one will beat a path to your door on name alone. Idiots.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #27
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
The automotive press has traditionally been anti-general motors for a long time.

Ford and Chrysler often get better press with inferior product offerings.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #28
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Agree. Complete strangers flag me down to tell me how good my car looks.
People pull up to me and ask me what this badass car is I'm driving. I tell them and they say I never knew they started back making them. Chalk that one up to the fools running GM.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote