Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
do you only have the TCM tuned? I know the ECU has a tune counter. dont know about the TCM.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 AM   #16
Calubi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
How common is it for tuners to lock the tunes on this platform? My experience with COBB tunes is that locking is just the name of the game. No user visibility into the file allowed.

If a locked tune is flashed to the ECU and the tuner is no longer available, can you still overwrite the tune with another file? I would hope so, but I dont know for sure with this platform.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
one reason i bought my MPVI2. the tune belongs to me.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
Getnlwr

Drives: '21 ZL1 A10 '08 SRT10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormSS View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new to all of this. Can the stock tune be put back on the TCM for servicing under warranty? If the answers yes can the dealer see that I have an unlocked TSM? I haven't done any mods and I mainly want to avoid the shudder by locking out the TC slip. I already have the Range for locking out 4 cylinder mode.
I am curious about this as well.

If you were to tune it, can you put it back to stock. Can the dealer tell the ecu has been modified or played with at all?
Getnlwr is offline   Reply With Quote