Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #71
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
George, you have the tool & ability to log it so let the data determine if it needs a revision. It might need a correction & it might not but it never hurts to check.

Yeah... You're actually right .
I still have a lot to learn here.

I'm at home in old cars with carburetors

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 03:53 PM   #72
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
I think my HP Tuners module is the best tool I have. When I put my new motor in & got my baseline tune the old school guys that hang around my shop said it wont run right, can't be that easy. I down loaded the file from Ryan Stevens, turned the key & she lit up with a pissed off attitude.

I am still learning too & have been getting logs all summer. After Ryan was happy (two revisions I think) I kept logging as the weather got hotter & more humid to check for knock events or anything else that might look strange compared to previous logs. I also name my files by date & go to weather under ground & get the atmospherics for that day. I might be over thinking it but I like having data sets.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:09 PM   #73
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
I think my HP Tuners module is the best tool I have. When I put my new motor in & got my baseline tune the old school guys that hang around my shop said it wont run right, can't be that easy. I down loaded the file from Ryan Stevens, turned the key & she lit up with a pissed off attitude.

I am still learning too & have been getting logs all summer. After Ryan was happy (two revisions I think) I kept logging as the weather got hotter & more humid to check for knock events or anything else that might look strange compared to previous logs. I also name my files by date & go to weather under ground & get the atmospherics for that day. I might be over thinking it but I like having data sets.
Nothing wrong with that! All the NHRA racing teams do the same every run. The more data, the better you can fine tune the car!
Old 10-04-2023, 07:03 AM   #74
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Nothing wrong with that! All the NHRA racing teams do the same every run. The more data, the better you can fine tune the car!
I agree with ya'll - I keep a good amount of data on my car, taking a log here or there to validate things. I also am fortunate (or cursed ) that being in the industry I end up looking at a lot of data from other folks, whether that's cars I'm actually tuning, or just helping out diagnosing something on. The more you know and look at, and the more familiar you become with that stuff, the more easily you can pick out the things that stand out.

I think the HP Tuners remote-tuning route is super valuable, because not only do you accomplish the immediate goal of getting the car tuned, but you've got a life-long data logging tool you can use for performance evaluation and diagnostics, and now you own the hardware and license, so updates to the tune are much less costly.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:20 AM   #75
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I agree with ya'll - I keep a good amount of data on my car, taking a log here or there to validate things. I also am fortunate (or cursed ) that being in the industry I end up looking at a lot of data from other folks, whether that's cars I'm actually tuning, or just helping out diagnosing something on. The more you know and look at, and the more familiar you become with that stuff, the more easily you can pick out the things that stand out.

I think the HP Tuners remote-tuning route is super valuable, because not only do you accomplish the immediate goal of getting the car tuned, but you've got a life-long data logging tool you can use for performance evaluation and diagnostics, and now you own the hardware and license, so updates to the tune are much less costly.
Amen to all that Andrew!!
Old 12-14-2023, 07:49 AM   #76
George-CZ

It took more than 3 months, but it's here!

I received a box full of styrofoam pieces!

Name:  20231214_101645.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  211.5 KB

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:03 AM   #77
1JEWLDSSRS

Oh boy, yummy!! White cheddar peanuts!! lol. Glad you finally got it George!!
Old 12-14-2023, 09:36 AM   #78
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
It took more than 3 months, but it's here!

I received a box full of styrofoam pieces!

Attachment 1142785
What patience. Glad you finally got it. Reminds me of the old school days when you mail ordered from a catalog and WAITED….no tracking, no correspondence ….nothing!

BTW does the bottom 3” of each end of the intake have any residue from where foam pads might have been?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:17 AM   #79
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
What patience. Glad you finally got it. Reminds me of the old school days when you mail ordered from a catalog and WAITED….no tracking, no correspondence ….nothing!

BTW does the bottom 3” of each end of the intake have any residue from where foam pads might have been?

Sure... There's some room left for the intake

Name:  20231214_101828.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  292.4 KB

Name:  20231214_102730.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  193.2 KB

Name:  20231214_102840.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  362.4 KB

Name:  20231214_102855.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  303.1 KB

Old 12-14-2023, 10:22 AM   #80
George-CZ

It's great!
And I finally understood the principle of those rods

Just one thing.
It's just aesthetics without functional influence, but as a welder with a state exam...

This could be welded better

Name:  20231214_125711.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  170.7 KB

Old 12-14-2023, 12:11 PM   #81
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
If you are going to cam it at a later date the BTR is great choice.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:07 AM   #82
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Glad it finally made it's way to you - definitely was a bit of a ride! Can't wait for you to install and enjoy.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:20 AM   #83
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
If you are going to cam it at a later date the BTR is great choice.

No no... I really like this philosophy of modifying OEM parts.
An ordinary nothing special Camaro and you wouldn't believe how I get on the nerves of the Mustangs here

Name:  IMG-20201002-WA0009~2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  496.4 KB

But I see that you have beautiful rear spoilers in your offer.
I'll get back to you when I pick one.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #84
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Glad it finally made it's way to you - definitely was a bit of a ride! Can't wait for you to install and enjoy.

Special thanks to you Andrew.
Without you and your help with communication, I wouldn't have even gotten to your company.
I'm really looking forward to spring when I can devote myself to it.

Thank you