#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
Cheveyboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Rear end jostle / MRC update

Hey guys,

A while back I recall reading a thread, not sure where, that they had a BCM flash done while in the shop for something unrelated to the suspension. I think the issue that was being rectified was the electric steering system would pull occasionaly, almost as if the alignment was off. (I'm pretty sure there is a TSB for this)

Anyway, the user made mention that his MRC equipped car felt different after the flash. Maybe the placebo effect? I dono. But from a software / update standpoint, I wouldn't be surprised if other updates were included but not discussed to the user or made public. (Maybe someone has access to update release notes?)

So what I'm getting at, is frost heaves or nasty expansion joints jostle the car pretty significantly, especially when weight transfer is loaded rearward. I was hoping that someone with more information can confirm or deny the flash's / updates's existence. And if so, if this jostle has been reduced.

If not, do you think this can be rectified with rear cradle mounts? Or has someone determined it to be damping issue and therefor not resolvable without replacing the factory MRC shocks?

Thanks,
Will
Cheveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote