Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
eecoog06

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Summit White
Well I finished installing them last night. They look great and are barely noticeable. The ones in the front stick out slightly but I suppose that keeps the spray off the side of the car. Let me know if you want any other pics. Installation was quick and easy. The back ones were a little tough to take off without removing the wheels and the front ones require drilling two 1/8" holes per side.
Attached Images

eecoog06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Thanks for posting those pics, can the fronts go in a little so they don't stick out at the top so much?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Somanynamesicantuse

Drives: RIP 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Thanks for posting those pics, can the fronts go in a little so they don't stick out at the top so much?
I'm interested to see if that's possible as well. I'm going to assume that since you have to drill two holes to install the fronts you can probably install them however you like...
Somanynamesicantuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
Somanynamesicantuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecoog06 View Post
Well I finished installing them last night. They look great and are barely noticeable. The ones in the front stick out slightly but I suppose that keeps the spray off the side of the car. Let me know if you want any other pics. Installation was quick and easy. The back ones were a little tough to take off without removing the wheels and the front ones require drilling two 1/8" holes per side.
Eecoog06 thanks so much for taking the time to install them and send us some pics!!

I know beggar can't be choosers, but when you get an opportunity any chance you can take some pics of the side of the car from a distance?

Would it also be possible to take some long shots of the side of the car standing just off to the side at the front and again at the back?

Cheers,

Bryan.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
eecoog06

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Summit White
I'll get a long shot up later. You can't really adjust the fronts since the bottom two holes attach to the existing OEM screws. Once you put these in you line up the top two holes (predrilled in the guard) with the metal lip in the wheel well and mark your holes. I drilled as close to the center of this lip as possible. A picture of the guards alone can be found here:

http://www.carid.com/images/husky/mud-guards/56871.jpg
eecoog06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecoog06 View Post
I'll get a long shot up later. You can't really adjust the fronts since the bottom two holes attach to the existing OEM screws. Once you put these in you line up the top two holes (predrilled in the guard) with the metal lip in the wheel well and mark your holes. I drilled as close to the center of this lip as possible. A picture of the guards alone can be found here:

http://www.carid.com/images/husky/mud-guards/56871.jpg
After I posted the question I took a another look on there website I figured that was the case, looks like I'll end up with the G.M guards. Thanks again for posting the pics.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somanynamesicantuse View Post
I'm interested to see if that's possible as well. I'm going to assume that since you have to drill two holes to install the fronts you can probably install them however you like...
No holes are drilled, you could probably get them on then mark the guard and trim it. The rear will probably not go out far enough to cover the whole width if you are running more than stock wide tires. But I do not think it needs to to protect the paint as the body is curving in after the wells. I am not putting them on to protect other cars like a semi tractor.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Denis

Why don't you guys just get the ZL1 guards? theyre small but you'd be surprised how much they block...and they're not really noticeable.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #23
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
cause the ZL1 ones are pricier than the other ones
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #24
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
cause the ZL1 ones are pricier than the other ones
Touché
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
Somanynamesicantuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Thanks for posting this, Bryan. I share you opinion on other "splashguards" I have seen. For less than $100, I'll take a chance on these - just ordered a set.
I believe PalmerGA also ordered a set. Hopefully he'll be willing to shares some pics with us as well?

Not the I have any reason to doubt the install on the fronts, but they do seem a bit off considering they nailed the rears...
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #26
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somanynamesicantuse View Post
I believe PalmerGA also ordered a set. Hopefully he'll be willing to shares some pics with us as well?

Not the I have any reason to doubt the install on the fronts, but they do seem a bit off considering they nailed the rears...
Agreed.. The pic on the website clearly shows the fronts mounted in like the rears. Either the holes are off or just installed wrong. I am curious to see what others experience before taking the plunge..
Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #27
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
Agreed.. The pic on the website clearly shows the fronts mounted in like the rears. Either the holes are off or just installed wrong. I am curious to see what others experience before taking the plunge..
Which website are you referring to?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #28
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Which website are you referring to?

http://www.huskyliners.com/new-camaro-mud-guards

Shows the rear qtr, you can barely see the front mudflaps, and they don't stick out (Yes, that is a Camaro in the pic).