Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Wheel recommendations

After reading many different Wheel threads I’m a bit confused/ uninformed on which is the best route for another set of wheels.

I plan on driving th 18 Camaro zl1 year round except in adverse weather, snow or sleet you get the idea.
But it does get cold below 20degrees at times here in NC and often in winter below 45 so oem tires not the best during those months.

My goal is to purchase an extra set of wheels for reason listed above.

I don’t want to chance or risk damage to the car running spacers etc and want speed odometer and other functions of car to work correctly and such. I understand new TPMS will be needed. Also, I understand the Performance and handing will be compromised running anything but oem staggered sizes and compound.
Besides some spirited street driving all within confounds of local and state laws the car will not be tracked.
Trying to find something to meet all the following or some of the below items and what people have found to work best.

*Strength ( saving $ not worth to me)
*Weight
*Square set up that will not need spacers
* possibly set that I can buy and use a run-flat tire or all season since I sometimes travel to visit family.
* same tire height so can use oem front as spare during those long trips.

The option of buying another set (4) of front wheels for 18 ZL1 or zl11le wheels would that be best bet?

Or aftermarket?

Square set up is not totally necessary but would be nice.

Atleast point in me in direction of company with proven reliability.

I’m not trying to spend ridiculous amount over the oem prices.

Thanks for your input.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
2018 marks HRE's 40th year in business making the highest quality custom made to order wheels in the world.

If you're looking for strong wheels, look no further, HRE Wheels are TUV certified, which is the most stringent and difficult certification tests you can find, period. This should be your litmus test for wheels, because there is no governing body in the United States which tests wheel safety. Rather we have to rely on the JWL/VIA testing which is very easy to pass, and the German's TUV testing which is much more difficult. We pass these tests with flying colors of course.

If you're looking for lightweight wheels, we've got you covered with a few Motorsport oriented wheels that are being used in multiple race series. The HRE R101 would be my suggestion for you to look at first, it's an incredible looking wheel. I can get you weight figures if you're interested, just let me know what size you're looking for and I'll update you

Square set up's we can do, it's actually quite easy for us since we can custom make almost any width, any offset per your request. Won't have any problem building exactly the right size and offset you want.

If there's anything we can do to assist with your ZL1, let me know!
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Give paul a call at pk design and discuss with him, he is all over the wheel section and can Get you exactly what you need with no compromises.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Thanks
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote