#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-02-2023, 10:11 PM   #379
pontiaco1

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
For autocross use with those tires, I would aim for 33psi front and 31psi rear. Set pressures there for your first run, and then bleed off pressure between runs to set it back there every time, because it will gain heat/pressure on at least your first three or four runs.
Copy that 👍
pontiaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 06:30 PM   #380
Jason Mellon

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE & 2023 1LE
Well, I wanted to post this earlier but life gets in the way. I wanted to report my personal findings on the setting for track use. My new '23 after break in I was able to attend 3 track days at Waterford Hills here in Michigan. I tried to try several different settings starting w/ the Sport modes. They were good for less experienced drivers and were intrusive enough to keep things in check w/o scaring those trying to learn. Moving on to the more aggressive Sport modes was able to notice less intrusion but enough that it slowed me down quite a bit. I finally used the Track & Race mode and it really woke the car up! I was able to cut more than 6 seconds a lap! The best I could muster w/ the Sport 2 mode was a 1:22. Nannies were rather intrusive. Back to back put in Track Race and was able to do 1:16.2 to 1:15.5's. Amazing. So these multiple settings do make big difference when trying to let it all hang out! I really like my car much better now knowing how it can and will perform in each setting. I just wish we could save at least one of these settings as a default for track days instead of having to re-set them every time you shut off the car! BTW, those lap times were good enough for pole position for the A Sedan class racing here!
Jason Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:45 AM   #381
pontiaco1

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiaco1 View Post
Copy that 👍
IMG-20231105-WA0000.jpg
Well I have to thank you guys car did much better than before, really sticking to the road, first 2 runs was with passenger and last two by my self and in the last run came In way too hot and the car slide a bit and bogged of the turn cause I was on the wrong gear ufff, but I know that was at least a low 77 run. Very happy with performance and you guys were right, nannies off is the way to go, thank you for your help!!
I end up number 4 in class c, Raul with the 2018 1LE.
Attached Images

pontiaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:12 AM   #382
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
[QUOTE=TrackClub;11375163]Ok, so when you experience the car sliding on exits, this is when Traction Control helps to avoid reaf tires overslipping. The benefits are twosome: 1) if the tires are slipping you aint going forward 😀 2) especially in high(er) speed turns, if you overslip the rears the car could start to oversteer very quickly (and the higher the speed the more difficult it is to catch it and recover).
So, basically both Sport 2 and Race have this covered. The Sport 2 Traction Control setting is a bit more conservative vs Race. Note, that if you are going too fast for a given corner and tire grip, you will either plow forward (understeer), or spin to the inside (oversteer) NO MATTER what your PTM is set as. But, anything up to and including Sport 1 will try to help you recover. With Sport 2 and Race you're on your own.

Now, folks that have tons of experience and can FEEL what the car is doing (at the 4 corners, meaning the tire grip levels), often prefer to control the car's balance themselves with throttle and steering. This makes the car turn faster, but only of the driver knows how to maintain the balance of it.

PTM up to Sport 1 will make the car a bit "tighter", meaning it will not turn as willingly, but should give ya a very safe platform. A lot of folks can make amazing laps with Sport 1. This is NOT a slow setting, but one where a computer measures the yaw (angle between what direction is your steering wheel telling the car to go vs where the car is actually going. The higher this ange (or difference) the more Stability Control system will intervene trying to reduce this angle (to prevent a spin).

So, for example, in a long, faster corner, an experienced driver would likely prefer to manage the slip angles themselves: if the car starts to understeer (go wider than the corner demands) the driver would reduce the throttle, which would move the weight more on the nose and make the car turn more. If the car started going too tight for the corner (oversteer), the driver would add throttle and hence move the weight onto the rears and hence permit the car to corner a bit wider. Of course the same applies in shorter, slower corners, but require faster corrections. Also, steering wheel corrections might be necessary, etc.

Bottom line, if you are still learning and feel that you slide the car too much (and going slower as a result, as that is always the case), then maybe stay in Sport 1 and see how it goes.
If you will feel (actually feel, not imagine &#128512 that the car gets "tight" and starts to resist rotation too much, than go to Sport 2, or Race.

Thank you. Can't wait to get my 1LE on the track next season. I have always thought I had a good sense of what the car is doing through the seat, hands, and feet but I know the 1LE exceeds my ability and your explanation of how a beginner should use the PTM is well explained.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote