Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-20-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
JDCinBRL

Drives: 2024 Camaro ZL1 CE
Who Tuned / Installed Mods on This 1LE?

I plan on purchasing ‘21 ZLE VIN#1G1FJ1R63M0128655 Satin Gray, Headers, catch pan and E85 sensor. Seller purchased from Chevy dealer. Seller is pulling tuner file for me. Any info for a pre-purchase “warm fuzzy” on this car would be greatly appreciated.
JDCinBRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:38 PM   #2
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCinBRL View Post
I plan on purchasing ‘21 ZLE VIN#1G1FJ1R63M0128655 Satin Gray, Headers, catch pan and E85 sensor. Seller purchased from Chevy dealer. Seller is pulling tuner file for me. Any info for a pre-purchase “warm fuzzy” on this car would be greatly appreciated.
This 1LE has modified exhaust (headers, no cat), flex fuel sensor, catch pan and stock small pulley on supercharger. 10,000 miles and looks and sounds great. As above mentioned, tuner file should be sent today. If properly tuned, properly maintained and engine along with mods work and sound great, are there any concerns from those that have had experience with these modifications?
Old 04-22-2024, 02:41 PM   #3
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCinBRL View Post
This 1LE has modified exhaust (headers, no cat), flex fuel sensor, catch pan and stock small pulley on supercharger. 10,000 miles and looks and sounds great. As above mentioned, tuner file should be sent today. If properly tuned, properly maintained and engine along with mods work and sound great, are there any concerns from those that have had experience with these modifications?
Also, no evidence of internal cam, piston, head, etc. modifications.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:46 AM   #4
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Its tough buying a modified car that you don't know exactly what was done to it and by who. Unfortunately you will never know unless you can somehow contact the original owner.
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:30 PM   #5
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenmore View Post
Its tough buying a modified car that you don't know exactly what was done to it and by who. Unfortunately you will never know unless you can somehow contact the original owner.
Yeah. Was kinda “playing the lottery” on forum throwing that out. The car was owned and sold to Gettel Cheverolet/BuickGMC in Tampa. I drove over and gave it a look and drive Friday. Car very well maintained / 10K miles. I should have it by the weekend. Thanks for reply.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:05 PM   #6
LazarUSAffects

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If I may enlighten you with my experience. Just to spare you the read. My ZL1 is still in one piece a year later. She even made the 700+ mile trip back to IL when I first got her. My previous 2013 ZL1, I had the mods added and the key was knowing all and what it is your having installed. The 2018 ZL1 I picked up seem all to good and knowing somewhat, what it was like to own a modded Camaro. I decided to say f it, and understood at that moment what I was getting into. Until the ownership part kicked in(maintenance and little things needing to be addressed. And it's never good when the dealership you bought it from. Seemed to close their IG and FB pages. And seems like their inventory of modified vehicles vanished and all that's left is a new cars. So, yea, my confidence took a tiny hit.lol Having to go to a shop and not being able to tell them what you exactly have when you some issues ...smh fml.lol C'est la vie, you live and you learn. She still does bring a big smile to my face..pahaha
LazarUSAffects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarUSAffects View Post
If I may enlighten you with my experience. Just to spare you the read. My ZL1 is still in one piece a year later. She even made the 700+ mile trip back to IL when I first got her. My previous 2013 ZL1, I had the mods added and the key was knowing all and what it is your having installed. The 2018 ZL1 I picked up seem all to good and knowing somewhat, what it was like to own a modded Camaro. I decided to say f it, and understood at that moment what I was getting into. Until the ownership part kicked in(maintenance and little things needing to be addressed. And it's never good when the dealership you bought it from. Seemed to close their IG and FB pages. And seems like their inventory of modified vehicles vanished and all that's left is a new cars. So, yea, my confidence took a tiny hit.lol Having to go to a shop and not being able to tell them what you exactly have when you some issues ...smh fml.lol C'est la vie, you live and you learn. She still does bring a big smile to my face..pahaha
Thanks for the insight. I drove to Tampa and put eyes on it myself. Took pictures, videos, etc. I had an expert in my area analyze the tuning file considering a fuel sensor is installed. Seems all good there with tuning to accommodate parameters set around 93. Catch can, intake and header modification I'm good with. It doesn't seem anything else has been done and this one is clean! I was really impressed with how well it has been maintained. I know I'm taking a chance, but it has felt like the right move thus far. To be honest, I still have riding Ninjas, Katanas and R1s in my veins and have always loved the Camaro. I never made the time or place to own one. When I got wind in February/March last year the Camaro would be retired for 2024, I reserved an allocation for a ZL1 at my local dealership. I ended up with an allocation for a Collectors Edition ZL1. I built it, bought it, drove it and now I'm over it. It's a beautiful car and belongs behind glass and occasionally brought around the block in my opinion and experience. I am sure opinions and experience varies per owner. I have put 1432 miles on it. I'm not at peace parking it anywhere in public considering matte paint or putting high miles on it. When I drive, I like to drive, so there is also a high percentage that repairs from road debris, etc. would come into play. I want a car I can drive and have fun in. I relate it to my car has to have a soul. Well, my CE has a soul. She knows she's beautiful. I notice everyone looking at her but I'm afraid to mess up her make-up cause things are going to get ugly for me$$$. I just want one that wants to do the things I want to without having to pay such a great price! I'll follow with pics of '21 ZLE i plan on receiving in a few days
Old 05-01-2024, 03:36 PM   #8
JDCinBRL

Pics

Name:  UGVkRzVx.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  439.3 KB

Name:  bkRyRXVJ.jpg
Size:  192.9 KB

Name:  dUJiTGxC.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  239.6 KB

Name:  c296ZkpU.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  223.4 KB

Name:  M2M3Y2p2.jpg
Size:  284.5 KB
Old 05-01-2024, 04:40 PM   #9
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Looks great!

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:58 PM   #10
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Looks great!
Thanks! I’m pumped!
Old 05-01-2024, 06:04 PM   #11
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
That's a mighty fine looking ride !
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:29 PM   #12
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by White1SS View Post
That's a mighty fine looking ride !
Thanks! She’s a manual too!!
Old 05-01-2024, 07:12 PM   #13
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Good score. Enjoy it!
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM   #14
bootss

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE with PDR
69K. Lucky number.
bootss is offline   Reply With Quote