Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #15
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
You could remove it and lower your GVW.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:53 PM   #16
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench View Post
Many thanks for the positive comments. It came out as I had hoped with a cleaner look that fits the Orange/Black motif of the car instead of having the silver under the hood or on the car. I have more things I want to get done - one is to find an Orange or Red GM Air Filter to replace the Blue one - I think that will look good as well vs the blue.

As for prepping the bar, the car is brand new so that really helped with the prep
I cleaned up the brace with soap and water, then alcohol wipes. I then put on 2 coats of Primer on the whole brace & Engine cover. I then painted the cover and taped off each section and painted the top coat 3-4 times. I also painted the bolt heads black as well to match the 'feet' of the brace. For those doing these types of things - the details make the project so don't skimp or skip over them - this would look horrible if I left them silver. I am happy with the way it came out.

On my 2014 I wrapped the Strut Brace in White Vinyl - that came out pretty good as well and as some other posters have stated - you can try out a few colors until you are happy with what you want - then you can leave it (mine was on for 5 years when I sold it) or remove it and then paint it the color you are happy with.

Good Luck with it!
I absolutely cannot say how much that means to my OP! Your work looks and is FANTASTIC! Thank you for the post, I am going to follow it!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:10 PM   #17
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post
I do not want to take away from the awesomeness of what this post has become, but I will say, I see what you did there. and it is "funny" touché.

But this is not about payload - or weight. and do not forget the last R - GVW"R"

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Many thanks for the positive comments. It came out as I had hoped with a cleaner look that fits the Orange/Black motif of the car instead of having the silver under the hood or on the car. I have more things I want to get done - one is to find an Orange or Red GM Air Filter to replace the Blue one - I think that will look good as well vs the blue.

As for prepping the bar, the car is brand new so that really helped with the prep
I cleaned up the brace with soap and water, then alcohol wipes. I then put on 2 coats of Primer on the whole brace & Engine cover. I then painted the cover and taped off each section and painted the top coat 3-4 times. I also painted the bolt heads black as well to match the 'feet' of the brace. For those doing these types of things - the details make the project so don't skimp or skip over them - this would look horrible if I left them silver. I am happy with the way it came out.

On my 2014 I wrapped the Strut Brace in White Vinyl - that came out pretty good as well and as some other posters have stated - you can try out a few colors until you are happy with what you want - then you can leave it (mine was on for 5 years when I sold it) or remove it and then paint it the color you are happy with.

Good Luck with it!
You need to get a fuse box plaque from Chris Frech to get rid of the plain black fuse box cover... It'll complete your engine compartment!

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:30 PM   #19
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You need to get a fuse box plaque from Chris Frech to get rid of the plain black fuse box cover... It'll complete your engine compartment!

Actually, I bought mine before the intake

Chis is fantastic! Receptive and on time, I have not got my plaque yet but I am sure, from the posts, it will be awesome.

EDIT: It should be here "soon"

Old 02-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #20
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post
There is not much point to add them on a coupe as far as I understand(there was a whole Ask Al thing on it), but they do help with chassis rigidity on the convertible.

Chevy sells the fancy one 2SS Capt has for a shiny penny. I think painting and coating are more practical.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:00 AM   #21
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
There is not much point to add them on a coupe as far as I understand(there was a whole Ask Al thing on it), but they do help with chassis rigidity on the convertible.

Chevy sells the fancy one 2SS Capt has for a shiny penny. I think painting and coating are more practical.
Yeah, I bought it mainly for aesthetics, but at the end of the day, this was my one "Hurrah" car, so I went with what I wanted... Does it help? I don't know and I really don't give a shit, the way I drive it, I'll never know... I bought the one I wanted, the way I wanted it... Because I finally could...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 02-27-2021, 12:17 AM   #22
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Quote:
Yeah, I bought it mainly for aesthetics, but at the end of the day, this was my one "Hurrah" car, so I went with what I wanted... Does it help? I don't know and I really don't give a shit, the way I drive it, I'll never know... I bought the one I wanted, the way I wanted it... Because I finally could...
Congrats to you for finally making the purchase you wanted - I feel the same way as well...its always fun to tinker with these cars...I can't leave well enough alone! Enjoy it!!!
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:27 AM   #23
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Congrats to you for finally making the purchase you wanted - I feel the same way as well...its always fun to tinker with these cars...I can't leave well enough alone! Enjoy it!!!
Thanks! I hope you did the same... Some of us bought our dream, some bought an item, either way, everyone does what they wanted and desired for themselves, and that is fine... Mine was a lifelong dream that I was finally able to obtain (not necessarily a 2020 Camaro 2SS, but a significant "Muscle Car" that I could drive the way I want...)

Old 02-27-2021, 12:31 AM   #24
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Which is fair, I mean we all put some stuff on our cars for the aesthetics.

I am just stating a fact neutrally. Your car, do whatever makes you happy.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:36 AM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Which is fair, I mean we all put some stuff on our cars for the aesthetics.

I am just stating a fact neutrally. Your car, do whatever makes you happy.
Thanks, and you do the same...

Old 02-27-2021, 12:51 AM   #26
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I like what you guys did. Looks great. The funny thing is my car is Satin Steel and the stock silver looks fine to me. I never would have thought about it before this thread.
I like the wrap idea. Theres so many colors available you could drive yourself nuts trying to make it just right.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:55 AM   #27
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Yea that looks perfect.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:54 AM   #28
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
I like what you guys did. Looks great. The funny thing is my car is Satin Steel and the stock silver looks fine to me. I never would have thought about it before this thread.
I like the wrap idea. Theres so many colors available you could drive yourself nuts trying to make it just right.

My wife has the Satin Steel Metallic 2LT/RS w/ the Redline Package - the Silver would probably work with her combination, but not mine - there is almost 0 chrome on the car now - I already have the Black Center Caps, Lugnuts and Matte Black SS Badges ready to put on when the weather turns...the Matte black badges will replace the Chrome Badging...there is so much that can be done you could start off w/ 2 identical cars and end up with 2 totally different looks when you are done!

Happy customization - I mean - making it all yours!

I think I might have posted this earlier - but here are the 2 new adds to our home!

Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote