Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 PM   #85
Kemo Savy
Banned

Drives: Make it a 6 speed in SS trim.
The Dumbass fraud in the WH shut down the K.S. Pipeline within a week of stinking up the WH. So now gas will get even higher as they attempt to bleed us dry.
Kemo Savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:01 PM   #86
Bruizer

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Yep, smog, fires, earthquakes - go CA! We can do this rodeo all night long...
Smog? Lmao! Still living in the 70's are you?
Earthquakes...yeh..waaaaay more common than huricanes, flooding, tornados etc. and ONLY occurs in CA!
And of course nowhere else has fires and the overwhelming majority have lost belongings due to....wait for it....fires!

Good gawd I hope I never get old, weak and desire to relocate to somewhere cheap to die in the middle of nowhere like coldsville!
Bruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #87
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Don't you guy understand what they are doing?

They WANT high gas prices so the EV will look cheap in comparison.

This is EXACTLY what the government did to freon. Restricted supply and kept raising the tax on it so a new unit (with the "approved" freon would look cheaper than the old unit.)

Remember, it didn't cost any more to manufacture the old freon, but the price went through the roof.

Take R-12.... You used to be able to buy a can for 99 cents at the auto part store and after they were done with it the cost was over $100 a pound.

They are going to do the same thing with gas.....
Old 02-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #88
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruizer View Post
I can see why you miss it lmao!
On a Thursday..in the middle of winter no less:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...olence-chicago
Meh, gotta know where to roll in the city, ain't rocket science... I was in that city since I was born and driving in it since I was 16 (1984), rolling through Cabrini Green at 11pm on a Saturday night with my buddy at 17 years old... Never got shot, knew when to duck, know when to keep moving...

Some people oogle over this: (view from my current place in SoCal)

Yeah, it's nice, it just ain't me... When I am out in my driveway with greasy jeans and car parts on the driveway with my Camaro up on the QuickJacks in my VERY well lit garage, most of my neighbors just walk by and glare... I love that aspect of living here, I'm NOT afraid to get dirty or greasy, I grew up in a Chicago Body Shop since I was a 6 or 7 years old (my brother still runs my Dad's old body shop in the Western Suburbs of Chicago) I lived 4 years in Northern Arizona (where I met my wife), which is similar (scenery, not people)... I'm not heading back to Chicago (wife won't go, 20 years was enough for that Colorado girl) but we'll be going East, where there is green, guns, gas and seasons... Not necessarily in that order... Kalifornia can implode on itself, because it is certainly heading in that direction...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 02-26-2021 at 11:21 PM.
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #89
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Meh, gotta know where to roll in the city, ain't rocket science... I was in that city since I was born and driving in it since I was 16 (1984), rolling through Cabrini Green at 11pm on a Saturday night with my buddy at 17 years old... Never got shot, knew when to duck, know when to keep moving...

Some people oogle over this: (view from my current place in SoCal)

Yeah, it's nice, it just ain't me... When I am out in my driveway with greasy jeans and car parts on the driveway with my Camaro up on the QuickJacks in my VERY well lit garage, most of my neighbors just walk by and glare... I love that aspect of living here, I'm NOT afraid to get dirty or greasy, I grew up in a Chicago Body Shop since I was a 6 or 7 years old (my brother still runs my Dad's old body shop in the Western Suburbs of Chicago) I lived 4 years in Northern Arizona (where I met my wife), which is similar (scenery, not people)... I'm not heading back to Chicago (wife won't go, 20 years was enough for that Colorado girl) but we'll be going East, where there is green, guns, gas and seasons... Not necessarily in that order... Kalifornia can implode on itself, because it is certainly heading in that direction...
Unfortunately they are fleeing in droves and bringing their insanity at record levels to places like Texas and Florida

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #90
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Unfortunately they are fleeing in droves and bringing their insanity at record levels to places like Texas and Florida

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Well, I'll be fleeing as well, but I won't be bringing any insanity with me (I HOPE!), I'm just looking to get out, they can keep their beaches and all the other crap, I just want "America" back... I miss the Midwest and the Heartland of America...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 02-27-2021, 12:41 AM   #91
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I have to say. Im in Hunterdon Cnty NJ. Its one of the most beautiful affluent areas in the country. (not me though. Im blue collar) Rolling hills. Horse farms. Great roads. Smooth county roads. My biggest traffic issue on my commute is avoiding deer. I do the opposite commute so Im not really in the crap these days.
When I retire Im out. Id like to stay here. Im leaving because of...
1. Taxes
2. Hoards of jekroffs. Maybe thats 1....
3.Population density with high jekroff%
4. Gun restrictions. Have been a registered gun owner in this state for 47 years. (sort of like maybe a sex offender in the governments eyes) They know everything I own. They will know exactly where to come to get "their" guns back when they pass a buy back scheme. Thats terrifying.
As for weather. We have mild winters. Not this year but generally. Mostly mild summers. Great beaches. Barnegat Bay is a great natural resource. But weekends... Hoards of jekroffs....Dangerously so. Barnegat Light is where youll find me if the weathers right and Im off... Thats been the case for 63 of my 65 years. Its home...
But not so much any more. NJ and California are the examples of what one party rule can do.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:54 AM   #92
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
I have to say. Im in Hunterdon Cnty NJ. Its one of the most beautiful affluent areas in the country. (not me though. Im blue collar) Rolling hills. Horse farms. Great roads. Smooth county roads. My biggest traffic issue on my commute is avoiding deer. I do the opposite commute so Im not really in the crap these days.
When I retire Im out. Id like to stay here. Im leaving because of...
1. Taxes
2. Hoards of jekroffs. Maybe thats 1....
3.Population density with high jekroff%
4. Gun restrictions. Have been a registered gun owner in this state for 47 years. (sort of like maybe a sex offender in the governments eyes) They know everything I own. They will know exactly where to come to get "their" guns back when they pass a buy back scheme. Thats terrifying.
As for weather. We have mild winters. Not this year but generally. Mostly mild summers. Great beaches. Barnegat Bay is a great natural resource. But weekends... Hoards of jekroffs....Dangerously so. Barnegat Light is where youll find me if the weathers right and Im off... Thats been the case for 63 of my 65 years. Its home...
But not so much any more. NJ and California are the examples of what one party rule can do.
Amen, brother!

Old 02-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #93
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
This thread is very bitter.
As for gas, I mean what is expected from a 6.2 liter.
I get great mileage to be honest, definitely worth $55 fill-up a week in California.

At least I get to use my sports cars and not have to put them away for winter. Keep it rolling.
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:30 AM   #94
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
How the heck do you average 25mpg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on how you drive it and what your normal usage is.

On "average", my daily commute is a leisurely cruise between 20 and 35 miles an hour around a lake. So it's only on the weekends that my driving in that car may get more spirited. We're also right at sea level, which probably helps some.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #95
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
You reside in friggen Wisconsin lmao yet sniveling about CA???
Bwaaaaahahaha!
That is rich!!!

FYI: CA has...wait for it..snow AND mountains!
Also; the ocean, multiple sports teams, some of the best universities, concerts, multiple year-round road tracks, sailing, surfing, multiple 1/4mi' straits etc etc.

WI has snow, cold, burned-out looted Milwaukee and pasty fat chicks galore.
GLWT!

Edit: oh chit the temps there hovers between 30-low 40's all week! I'd be jelous as well!
Like I said, it’s not the state, it’s the people. Well, a certain majority anyway.

The good part should be the State of Jefferson.

I grew up in FL, so I’m well aware of year round sun, & everything you mentioned in the southern portion. Milwaukee is so far from me I really don’t think about it. I’m in the plush, beautiful North Woods.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:13 AM   #96
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Uhhh ok. Except much of LA beaches that live been to aren’t like that.
Here in San Diego, nothing like that at all.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #97
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Smog? Lmao! Still living in the 70's are you?
Earthquakes...yeh..waaaaay more common than huricanes, flooding, tornados etc. and ONLY occurs in CA!
And of course nowhere else has fires and the overwhelming majority have lost belongings due to....wait for it....fires!

Good gawd I hope I never get old, weak and desire to relocate to somewhere cheap to die in the middle of nowhere like coldsville!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/3551734002/

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...%20more%20rows

And billions in earthquake damage.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #98
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
So what puts fuel economy in perspective for me...
The wifes 3.7 L V-6 in her Infinity gets about 23ish with her driving. A small SUV.
Off the lieometer in the SS vert and with only 500 miles on the clock I could easily match that with me driving.
Both require premium.
So really the cost of fuel in the Camaro will be more or less identical to the uninspiring Infinity. Therefore irrelevent.
I get 13s in my F-250 in winter. 16ish in summer... and Im thrilled.
So if the vert gets 20 Its all bonus.
If Im driving after its broken in.... Im thinking 10 or 12 a lot of the time.
But with her yelling that Im going to break her engine because I cause it to make that noise!!! Ill probably still be able to average 18ish.
The other perspective is the new QX 50s are all 4s. Not interested.
The Q 60 is as much as a ZL1.
The 2SS Vert cost about the same as a QX50....
Not to say they are comparable vehicles but thats where we are as far as whats interesting to us on the market.
WAY more fun driving the Camaro. And now she sees why I hated the steering feel of the front wheel dominant all wheel drive in the QX50.
In the past we had a Q60 3.7. It was quick and rear wheel dominant. A very nice car. But without the personality of the Camaro. Good steering feel but not up to the Camaro standard.