Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2021, 07:20 PM   #15
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
My note 10 plus would be connected to my 60 inch LG TV because my wife and daughter watch WWE and I watch CBS All Access using a HDMI cable for Android phones to smart tvs. But have not use the new phone yet like that, s21 ultra.But we did discuss at the dealership today about the rexing dash cam that is hardwire. As I told the service manager the dash cam was installed by best buy in April and this problem started in late November. He said no problem but that they will check into that too.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:37 PM   #16
Bob RS

As my camaro is in the dealership for yet again infotainment system issues I had the pleasure of a 2021 Chevy Blazer loaner. I was pretty impressed by the loaner, great on gas, roomy and had more pep then I thought. But I decided to connect my phone using the USB cord and I was surprised it didn't work like in my camaro. As I was trying Bixby kept trying to turn on and it did the same thing in my camaro after the last update on my old phone. So I stated to think could Bixby be interfering with Android Auto? It wasn't easy to disable Bixby but I got it done, so after work I again connected my phone to the USB in the Blazer and it connected immediately. Everything was working as it should. On my way home the dealership call me and told me that the infotainment system is working as it should as they have connected several different phones. When I arrived at the dealership they went through all the steps with me and now everything is working as it should. Could it have been Bixby all along conflicting with Android auto hard to believe?
Old 02-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
As my camaro is in the dealership for yet again infotainment system issues I had the pleasure of a 2021 Chevy Blazer loaner. I was pretty impressed by the loaner, great on gas, roomy and had more pep then I thought. But I decided to connect my phone using the USB cord and I was surprised it didn't work like in my camaro. As I was trying Bixby kept trying to turn on and it did the same thing in my camaro after the last update on my old phone. So I stated to think could Bixby be interfering with Android Auto? It wasn't easy to disable Bixby but I got it done, so after work I again connected my phone to the USB in the Blazer and it connected immediately. Everything was working as it should. On my way home the dealership call me and told me that the infotainment system is working as it should as they have connected several different phones. When I arrived at the dealership they went through all the steps with me and now everything is working as it should. Could it have been Bixby all along conflicting with Android auto hard to believe?
One of the reasons I absolutely HATE the non-Google phones when it comes to Android is because of all of the carrier or manufacturer-installed bloatware crap that they shove down your throat. I've never liked the TouchWiz interface from Samsung and they load so much crap on their phones that it isn't funny. Try a pure Android device and you'll appreciate just how well the OS runs...

Could it have been Samsung's apps? Absolutely. Seems you might have this figured out, and great for you if you do. Just troubleshooting this sort of stuff takes way longer than it should!
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:55 PM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
One of the reasons I absolutely HATE the non-Google phones when it comes to Android is because of all of the carrier or manufacturer-installed bloatware crap that they shove down your throat. I've never liked the TouchWiz interface from Samsung and they load so much crap on their phones that it isn't funny. Try a pure Android device and you'll appreciate just how well the OS runs...

Could it have been Samsung's apps? Absolutely. Seems you might have this figured out, and great for you if you do. Just troubleshooting this sort of stuff takes way longer than it should!
Well, one advantage of not choosing flagship phones is they tend to come with much less crap. My 2017 Samsung 'random something' phone has zero, for example: no bixby, no touchwiz, just a folder named Samsung with a few Galaxy apps that don't even run in the background. Needless to say, Android Auto works just fine, not that I would be an avid user.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #19
Bob RS

I agree, to many apps are now pre- loaded on these phones when you get them and many of them can't be uninstalled, but at least they can be disabled. But now when I start my camaro up I use to just connect first thing with my usb cord for Android Auto and everything work now I have to first connect with Bluetooth then the USB cord, I believe it also has something to do with Android Auto last update and it really mess everything up. I believe that the Ford F-150 is having big issues with there Wireless connection and Android Auto is supposed to have a fix coming out in March along with a 6.1 update.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #20
Bob RS

After my 3rd visit to the dealership for infotainment system issues here is what happen. Radio was replace, and even after that the mechanic still couldn't get the system to update. On the invoice it says: system refuses to still update or accept command. Now, Bluetooth works just fine until I connect with the usb-c cord to Android auto to use Google maps and voice to text. With voice to text there is no voice command and Sirius XM no sound unless I switch back to Bluetooth and play a song from YouTube then switch back to Sirius XM then the sound is back on. Service manager told me everything is working as it should and that other phones where connected and no problems but I never witness it. Does anyone know of a good stereo shop or someplace that's Specializes with these problems that are located in Pittsburgh. I keep getting told by others that the update takes time but it's been over a month. Getting frustrated with this thinking about the lemon law.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #21
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Well that sucks to hear:( I was reading that an RF interference will make the P0700 code will trigger a CEL. Now that I think of both times mine a had the CEL i tried starting the car with the remote fob when I was far away from the car. Will try not using it for a while and see if it shows up again. The dealership checked the fluid level and turned the CEL off for me for free, so I will see what happens.
Update, I have not used my remote start for over a month now and have not got the CEL or P0700 code. So I think it was a RF hiccup on mine
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #22
dmcmahan60

Final update, if anybody has the same problem with the random P0700 code. It is the wiring harness in the transmission pan. The temperature sending unit goes bad which causes the CEL. Part is $90 but you have to drop the pan to get to it and refill with fluid.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #23
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Final update, if anybody has the same problem with the random P0700 code. It is the wiring harness in the transmission pan. The temperature sending unit goes bad which causes the CEL. Part is $90 but you have to drop the pan to get to it and refill with fluid.
Just had this exact service performed with full flush. Temperature sending unit tripped the code.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #24
dmcmahan60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Just had this exact service performed with full flush. Temperature sending unit tripped the code.
I bought a hand held scanner so I could just erase the code when I got the CEL. Hand a couple of extra dollars and got it fixed so I did not have to worry about it anymore.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #25
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Part is $90 but you have to drop the pan to get to it and refill with fluid.
Not too bad, as these kinds of things go!
Thanks for the update.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #26
dmcmahan60

Thought it would help somebody else out that was having the same issue. Happy Thanksgiving all
Old 11-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #27
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
What Is The Cause Of P0700?

• Defective shift solenoids
  • Defective Valve Body
  • Faulty Transmission
  • Shorted or open circuit Transmission Control Module (TCM)
  • Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
How Serious Is P0700? – Severe

The vehicle should avoid being driven when presenting with the trouble code P0700. It could get caught in one gear and cause not only a safety hazard for you, but for those around you as well.
Code P0700 Common Diagnosis Mistakes

Diagnosing concern as an engine misfire or internal transmission problem before testing and looking at freeze frame data.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:48 PM   #28
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
  • Defective shift solenoids
  • Defective Valve Body
  • Faulty Transmission
  • Shorted or open circuit Transmission Control Module (TCM)
  • Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
well, "Faulty transmission" pretty much covers everything, which is why this is a non-specific code.
But now that the temp sender has been identified as a possible source, it would not surprise me if this ends up being the MOST COMMON cause of p0700 on a 6th Gen Camaro.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote