Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-17-2021, 10:59 PM   #15
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
M-6
Npp
Magnetic ride control
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:49 PM   #16
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Side view mirror alerts are really good to have, mainly for the passenger side, I don’t know if you can get it as a singular option or if it’s just part of the 2ss package
Old 01-18-2021, 12:31 AM   #17
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
HI Everyone, I am about to put a down payment within the next month on a 2021 LT1.

What are your must have's? I Know the NPP is popular and highly recommended. What will make or break a deal for you in terms of options?

Interior...Exterior options etc...

Just looking to get the best value vs cost for my money.

Thank you!

Jason

Well, I bought mine used so it wasn't a choice but if I were buying new and they had an non NPP on the lot, or if I was ordering I would not get the NPP and save the money since I plan on putting on exhaust anyway. Screw it if my neighbors don't like it lol. Why pay extra if I keep it off all the time?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:58 AM   #18
Richardman1992

Drives: 01 Z71, 21 LT1 M6
IMO, NPP and the technology package are the only must haves. Don’t really care about the rest, but I ordered my car specifically the way I did because I don’t plan on much modding ever, if any mods. Got a 4th gen firebird and a truck to make go fast when I want to. These are the options I selected:
M6 (didn’t want an auto)
RS package (like the headlights and taillights
Technology package
NPP
Crush paint
Orange painted calipers (wouldn’t have gone with any painted calipers if I’d chosen Riverside Blue)
Machined face gray painted wheels
Richardman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:41 AM   #19
Tayley1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
ZL1, 1LE and 6speed is all I need/want.
Tayley1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:17 AM   #20
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Almost all the components of the 1LE package are must haves for me, particularly the HUD, ediff and MRC.

In addition to the 1LE package I would want the NPP.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:33 AM   #21
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I thought the idea of the LT1 was to get it at bare bones to keep the price down. The more you add the more you should have got a 1SS/2SS because that front end and wheel set up is not that pleasing to me at least.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #22
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
MRC,NPP,VERT,A10, thats it
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:57 AM   #23
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Sun/Moonroof, NPP, A10, Red Calipers, Rearview Mirror Camera, Bose, Black Bowties and emblems (depending on color of car you get)
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #24
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Almost all the components of the 1LE package are must haves for me, particularly the HUD, ediff and MRC.

In addition to the 1LE package I would want the NPP.
Yeah, but if OP is getting an LT1, there is no 1LE option...
Old 01-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #25
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I thought the idea of the LT1 was to get it at bare bones to keep the price down.
Why is it everyone thinks this?

The LT1 has/had nothing to do with $$$ for me.
I didn't want all the stuff the SS or ZL1 platform offered. Hell, a lot of the standard stuff in the LT1 I could do without.
If there were a more basic ZL1, I would of bought that instead. You can't buy a ZL1 without 98% of the option boxes being automatically checked for you.

Some people who have the SS change their rims/tires. Some how that's cool. Buy an LT1 and change the rims/tires and you're an idiot for not buying an SS.
Buy an SS with a sunroof and NPP and you're a awesome dude for upgrading. Do that in a LT1 and everyone dog piles you because you're a moron for spending the extra money.

Have a SS and want to put a used set of Recaros in and you are a really smart guy for modding your car.

You want a SS so you can have equipment you'll never really use? Perfecto! Go get one.
You want a 1LE to help you maneuver thru parking lots faster so you can beat a little old lady out of a parking spot easier? Great! More power to ya.
You want to buy a ZL1/1LE so you can putt around at 35 mph on your way to bingo? Cool! Good thing you bought it so you can dodge potholes and get up to 45 mph when the road opens up.

I'm willing to bet that 95% of all the Camaro's out there the usage fall under one of those categories.....

On the other hand, if you buy a LT1 just for street use and an occasional blast down the dragstrip, you are a moron who can't afford a car or has no idea what they want in a platform because they didn't choose what you did.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:14 AM   #26
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
NPP, A10 or M6 trans, optional wheels from what is offered, front splitter and black interior package. The GM CAI Intake, sport pedals, the optional mylink/Nav system and rear spoiler with wickerbill. And of course, the Recaro seat option.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:31 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
My list of must-have options moved me out of the LT1 trim. Magnetic Ride Control is an excellent option that isn't available in that trim. And it can't be added.

M6
MRC
NPP
'vert
Leather
Auto Climate Control w/ Dual Zone
Heated Seats (ventilated seats are a joke and not helpful in a 'vert - actual cooled seats would be worthwhile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
v8. m6. what else is there?

pretty much everything else can be easily added or modified by the owner. unless you are talking 1LE things as the rear dif and seats might be expensive.
Can't add NPP or MRC to any car after the fact and MRC isn't available on that trim. Adding ANY other higher trim options quickly makes the LT1 a much more expensive car than just buying the higher trim to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
6 speed manual
Magnetic ride control
Two must have's!
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I thought the idea of the LT1 was to get it at bare bones to keep the price down. The more you add the more you should have got a 1SS/2SS because that front end and wheel set up is not that pleasing to me at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post

I didn't want all the stuff the SS or ZL1 platform offered. Hell, a lot of the standard stuff in the LT1 I could do without.
If there were a more basic ZL1, I would of bought that instead. You can't buy a ZL1 without 98% of the option boxes being automatically checked for you.

Some people who have the SS change their rims/tires. Some how that's cool. Buy an LT1 and change the rims/tires and you're an idiot for not buying an SS.
Buy an SS with a sunroof and NPP and you're a awesome dude for upgrading. Do that in a LT1 and everyone dog piles you because you're a moron for spending the extra money.

Have a SS and want to put a used set of Recaros in and you are a really smart guy for modding your car.

You want a SS so you can have equipment you'll never really use? Perfecto! Go get one.
You want a 1LE to help you maneuver thru parking lots faster so you can beat a little old lady out of a parking spot easier? Great! More power to ya.
You want to buy a ZL1/1LE so you can putt around at 35 mph on your way to bingo? Cool! Good thing you bought it so you can dodge potholes and get up to 45 mph when the road opens up.

I'm willing to bet that 95% of all the Camaro's out there the usage fall under one of those categories.....

On the other hand, if you buy a LT1 just for street use and an occasional blast down the dragstrip, you are a moron who can't afford a car or has no idea what they want in a platform because they didn't choose what you did.
The LT1 offers a level of performance that's higher than what's available in the xLT trims but without all of the add-on's of the SS and higher trims. If you're changing out options on the LT1 for options that would be either included or directly available on the xSS trims (or higher), then you are paying WAY more for your car than just buying the higher trim. Not all of the SS rim options are what a buyer wants, but they DO want things like leather, heated seats, MRC, etc. that can't be had in any form directly from the factory (if at all) on the LT1. So, a rim swap on an SS is pretty reasonable as is a rim swap on the LT1.

BUT

Many that buy LT1 trim cars start part-swapping in an effort to make their car more like the SS. That's where a lot of the "Just buy the SS" stuff comes from. SS owners aren't generally trying to make their cars into ZL1's as much as they're trying to make it a little more personal. The part-swapping they are doing is to non-OEM items like wheels, tires, exhausts, etc.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #28
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post

I don't think that's what people are saying about LT1 buyers at all.

What I'm hearing is that it doesn't make sense to buy an LT1 and then spend as much money on options as an SS would have cost, but end up without the full SS package. I saw an SS dressed up like a 1LE not too long ago. Black hood, 1LE wheels, or replicas, 1LE splitter, but wrong spoiler and wrong mirrors. If those wheels were real, by the time he paid for them, the splitter, and the hood, he could have purchased the whole package.

To me that doesn't make sense. It sounds like you are willing to spend SS level money for a V8 Camaro, but it bothers you to have all those options included. You would rather spend the same amount of money, but exclude some options? Um, ok....which leads to another opinion.

I don't judge what others choose to buy. We all have our priorities and needs in a vehicle/toy. Personally, I would never buy an American muscle car that didn't have a V8 under the hood. Nothing against those who purchase V6s and turbo 4s. That's what floats their boat, go for it.

OTH, you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder towards SS/ZL1/1LE owners.

I use pretty much all the equipment that came with my SS package and most of what came with my 1LE package. I haven't used it to beat old ladies out of parking spaces, but I have seen some Hemi's, Coyote's and M's in my rear view thanks partly to the 1LE handling.

Buy what you want, but why spend the same or more, and end up with less?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote